z

Young Writers Society

Cloverfield

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:48 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Did anyone else see the untitled trailers for what we now know as Cloverfield when/if you saw Transformers in the summer? If so, has it intrigued you so much that you're going to see it on release (US - January 18, UK - February 1)?

The website with the trailer, and the Wikipedia article.

Basically, it's about a monster attack on New York City (surprise, surprise - really, that city has the worst fictional luck).

I really want to see this. It's being pruduced by JJ Abrams, the same guy who created Lost, so we can expect lots of mystery and twists (indeed, we already have - the release of the aforementioned trailer caused widespread curiosity and an already solid fanbase).

Anyone else waiting for this to come out?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:17 pm
Incandescence says...

YES!

I <3 JJ Abrams.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:33 pm
MadHatter says...

I heard somewhere it's about a giant space turd with little parasites inside? Is that what it's really about? If so...god I'm not seeing that movie.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

79 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:36 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

MadHatter wrote:I heard somewhere it's about a giant space turd with little parasites inside? Is that what it's really about? If so...god I'm not seeing that movie.

All we know is that it's about a monster attack - we don't know what the monster is, where it comes from, or any of that shizz.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

141 Reviews

Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:39 pm
MadHatter says...

Okay, that's good. If it's about a giant space turd, you can count me out.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:14 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

JJ Abrams makes me endlessly happy, haha.

I saw the preview last Friday during Sweeney Todd. My friend thought it might be another Godzilla. I wasn't so sure though. Even from the commercial I can tell it should be pretty good. JJ Abrams and a "Blair Witch Project" style of filming? (so the commercial looked) I'm excited!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

141 Reviews

Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 am
MadHatter says...

Yes, I heard it's in documentary form.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:53 pm
Samantha Eliza says...

Cloverfield looks really amazing! I saw previews for it when I went to go see I Am Legend, and I'm really excited to go see it. I love it when the trailers are all mysterious and stuff; it just makes the movie seem even more interesting. So, I'm definitely intrigued. I told my stepmom that we have to go see it when it comes out.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm
ciago92 says...

Release date?! THANK YOU!! This is (from what I've seen/read) going to be an awesome movie. I love how he refused to release the plot, so that no one really knows what's going on. That and the internet site. When they get people outside involved, it is really, really cool

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:26 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

I'm really excited for it. I plan on seeing it today, actually. I heard from this movie reviewer on the radio that it's not what everyone thinks it is. They described it as a "Blair Witch" type of thing that's way more thrilling and scary. The reviewer said it blew away the other movies coming out this weekend.

If you like thriller/suspence/semi-horror, supposedly you'll love this movie.
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

79 Reviews

Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

So I went to see it last Saturday, and I have to say it didn't disappoint. It ended in typical JJ Abrams style - hopefully they will be doing a sequel, if only to find out a bit more. Good acting, good story, fantastic special effects. All in all, well worth the ticket price.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:21 am
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

I liked the couple little things hidden at the end. Both at the end of the movie itself and after the credits.

141 Reviews

Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:49 pm
MadHatter says...

I saw it a couple weeks ago, it was really good. But I did find the characters a bit unrelateable. I was actually rooting for the monster.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am
Stockmar says...

"dr. kitty" you didn't actually see the end of the credit :p but there is youtube..... : D

This movie terrified me. I had nightmares, later, when i could actually focus on what the movie was like and not other stuff lol

I sleep with reckless abandon!
— Link Neal