2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:48 am
Emerson says...

By Mike Celizic
TODAYShow.com contributor
updated 9:41 a.m. CT, Mon., Jan. 7, 2008

Paul Karason gives new meaning to the phrase “feeling blue.”

The auburn-bearded 57-year-old Californian goes through life being stared at and being hailed as “Papa Smurf” because his skin is the color of a ripe Concord grape.

“I’m the blue guy,” he confirmed with a chuckle to TODAY co-host Matt Lauer in Studio 1A on Monday. “It’s everywhere I go,” he said of the stares his skin color attracts. “I’ve gotten kind of used to it. I’m rather inured to it.”

Karason’s skin started turning blue nearly 10 years ago when he used a used a silver preparation to treat a bad case of dermatitis on his face that broke out due to stress when his father died.

Read more here.

I had actually heard about this a while ago, but forgot about it entirely... Shows you how strange the body is.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 am
Cade says...

Dude, if I turned blue I'd totally play pranks on people. Pretend to crash my spaceship into cornfields and come wandering out covered in aluminum foil.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 am
Twit says...

Lol, Cade. :lol: I don't whether to say, "Poor bloke" or not.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:46 pm
Rydia says...

Wow, that's a great colour! I wonder... what if he had children at this point in his life. Would the pigment of their skin be changed? Would they have a blue touch?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 am
scotty.knows says...

That is incredible! I'm going to go out right now and get some "silver preparation".

It'd be great to go out early in the morning at the beach and lie down, half-way out of the water, and wait for people to come up to you. Just as the EMT's are about to haul you off to the morgue...

"Ooga-Booga!"

*Run off screaming at the top of your lungs.*

That'd be great.

Kitt-- No, his kids wouldn't be blue. It sounds like his skin had a strange reaction to his "silver preparation." Incredible.
'Merikuh!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 am
Firestarter says...

That top photo really freaks me out.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge