z

Young Writers Society

Bugs killed the Dinosaurs.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:54 am
Loose says...

Over the years, there have been many theories about what killed off the dinosaurs. Some say it was a meteor that hurtled into the sea near modern day Mexico. Some claim it was large volcanic eruptions in India that caused severe climate change. Others say Homer Simpson used a toaster to travel back in time and spread a cold among the dinosaurs.

But now a US based study has brought forth a new theory. It claims that mosquitoes, ticks and termites are what forced the dinosaurs into extinction 65 million years ago. Oregon State University's George and Roberta Poinar say that this new theory could finally explain the hole in the three previously stated theories; that the dinosaurs died out over a long period of time.

"By themselves, such events do not explain a process that in reality took a very long time," George Poinar stated. "Insects and diseases do provide that explanation."

To read more: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=342769

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:26 am
[deleted1] says...

Oh. That's interesting. I never thought bugs would've been the cause for all the denosaurs to die off.

-Rick

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:13 pm
alleycat13 says...

Huh, that's different and interesting. I'll have to look into it.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am
Kepe says...

Wow, I have never heard of that theory. Sounds a little far fetched, but is certainly worth looking in to.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:56 pm
Gahks says...

It could just be a combination of factors, i.e. the meteor, disease etc. that led to the dinosaurs' demise. We shouldn't just be looking at any one culprit.

Gahks
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100