z

Young Writers Society

Australian news: Kill Kangaroos

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:08 am
Loose says...

There aren't any Simpsons on (the dreaded) Channel 10. So I decided to watch Channel 7 news.

And I thought it was great, watching the news and feeling smart.

UNTIL...

The news presenter said "A new decision being discussed in federal government in W.A. is suggesting that it become ok for people to shoot joeys (baby kangaroos) at a close distance, repeatedly, or by picking them up and banging their heads against a towbar."

No, not if they are injured.

No, not if they are starving to death.

Not if they are dying in any way, shape or form.

They are saying "Go out and kill kangaroos."

My opinion? Can we screw up any more? The problem is that there are too many kangaroos. Why? Cos we got rid of dingos, by either killing them or sending them to zoos and national parks. So, we kill the dingo, then we kill the kangaroo and wallaby. Who will we kill next? Will there be too many snakes due to the lack of kangaroos, so we kill all of them off, too?

This made me furious! FURIOUS!

The news presenter said "Will this prove Australians are hypocrites, killing off kangaroos, our national icon, and protesting against Japanese killing whales?"

I say, you bet!

Link: "Project Kangaroo Murder... I mean Management."
http://www.awpc.org.au/submissions/submission19.htm

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:28 am
Sureal says...

Are kangeroos overpopulated at the moment?
I wrote the above just for you.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:09 am
alleycat13 says...

This really makes me think about the wolf re-population efforts near Yellowstone National Park in America. I mean, we kill all the wolves, so everything runs wild. Then, they bring the wolves back and the ranchers complain about their cattle and shoot the wolves. And now, some idiot congressmen in those states want to permanently kick the wolves out, even after all the work that's been done to raise their numbers! Arrr!

I get very worked up about that type of thing--human stupidity and the environment.

It's a vicious, endless cycle. I'm sorry it's happening to the kangaroos too.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:32 pm
Azila says...

Gosh. Sometimes I just get depressed to think how stupid our race can be.

You should post something about this in the Animals and Enviroments Usergroup.

~Azila~

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
— Yoda