z

Young Writers Society

Vampier stories love them? hate them?

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:19 am
OverEasy says...

just wondering... I am a vampire freak, and they tend to be the center of my stories.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:47 am
Rubric says...

Hmm, i think vampire stories are great, but I think if an author uses them, they really need to have their own slant on them.

Having said that, vampires are wicked cool.
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

196 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:43 am
OverEasy says...

If you would like, I just posted the first chapter to one of my stories. please read and review, tell me if i put my own spin on things.

196 Reviews

Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:20 pm
OverEasy says...

sorry about the misspell on the title. I promise I really do know how to spell Vampire. typo :)

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:02 am
Alice says...

Vampires!!!

Edward Cullen=Love
Lestat=Love

And then all the ones I've created to pretend are sitting around me ^_^
I just lost the game.

196 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:10 am
OverEasy says...

Hahaha yeah, when I was little my imaginary friend was a vampire. My obsession has only grown since then!

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:16 am
Lucky_Duck says...

I love Vampire stories!! Which you can tell by my avatar. I love Edward Cullen!!

--Lucky

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:17 am
October Girl says...

I love vampire stories.... I still don't know why....

-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

196 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:19 am
OverEasy says...

If you love Vampire stories, please go read mine! Haha, so yeah part of me is trying to get people to go read and review MY vampire story. Its under fantasy fiction :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:55 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I should put Considerably Sharp Teeth back up. :D I never got anywhere with it, but it was fun all the same.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:17 am
Sureal says...

Vampire stories are fun. I've never actually written one before, but I fully intend to one day soon.
I wrote the above just for you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:26 am
Emerson says...

I was really into Anne Rice when I was in eighth and ninth grade. I still like her, I just prefer to read other things. I still really enjoy her writing, and if I had the time, I would reread some of her books. She isn't an amazing writer, she's still genre fiction, but she's darn great genre fiction. And Twilight can burn in a bonfire for all I care; Anne Rice is grand. ^_^

I also like Karen Chance, though she reminds me slightly too much of Laurel K. Hamilton and erotic bothers me all too much. so... I like vampire novels, and they're fun for brain-breaks, but I love literature a lot more. I'm a bit too nerdy to get into vampires now. I actually wrote a vampire novel a year ago, and it wasn't so bad, but I have no effort to do anything with it, haha.

If you can avoid being cliché, then you can write a good vampire story. Sad thing is, it has gotten to the point where the word "vampire" is cliché.

Ah, and how can I forget? The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova has to be one of the best vampire stories in a few years. I really wish I had the time to read it again. If you like vampires, you should read that. It isn't your usual vampire story, and for that, I love Kostova. Also, I've been dying to read Dracula but it hasn't happened, haha.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

196 Reviews

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:29 am
OverEasy says...

i am actually not a big fan of Twilight either. The writing style really bothered me, and kind of bored me a little.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:44 am
Geek says...

Omg! I love Vampires. Practicly, my whole book collection is Paranormal. I have written a paranormal novel before. It isn't great but I liked it.
What is there to do when all else fails?

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:39 am
starrynight89 says...

As long as it doesn't involve Edward Cullen or anything to do with Bella. She makes my blood boil! The whole series, in fact. But other than that, I don't mind them. I guess you could say I'm sort of neutral about them. Hey, if there's a book on vampires--I'll read it. Will I love it? Depends on the quality of writing. I guess what I'm trying to say (not getting to the point..lol) is that I don't love vampire novels but, I don't hate them either.

But I must say Bram Stoker (author of Dracula) is a sheer genius.
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Proud people breed sad sorrows for themselves.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights