z

Young Writers Society

What's your IQ?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:25 pm
Midnight says...

I completely agree with Qi! I had an official one done when I went to an educational pyschologist when I was nine however, to test whether I was disprastic or dyslexic. Wasn't, can't remember my result. Because I think it's so irrelavant.

But anyway I did this one for fun :)

Congratulations, A!
Your IQ score is 133

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.
available

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:55 pm
Firestarter says...

Jack, your IQ score is 135

Jack, your IQ score is significantly above average. Congratulations! You have a wide range of exceptional skills which are much stronger than those of the average population. You are also skilled at answering the types of questions that are asked in a classic IQ test. The test analyses your strengths and weaknesses based on your mathematical, linguistic, visual-spatial and logical skills. Even though you have high scores in all of those areas, we are able to analyse your results to discover the areas in which you have the strongest abilities.

Like a meticulous collector, you've fed your brain a unique set of facts and figures over the years. Words, numbers, you've got it all. That's what makes you a Facts Curator.

Whether or not you intend to absorb every piece of information that comes your way, your mind has certain steel-trap qualities to it. You are a knowledge sponge. You have almost enough words in your head to fill a dictionary, and you're equally adept when it comes to manipulating numbers. You can also detect important patterns in number sequences, and probably remember the mnemonic devices you were taught in your early school years.

Funny, last time I did an IQ test it was 135 as well.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:56 pm
Areida says...

I took one before and got over a 130...can't remember exactly what it was. But my parents know what my IQ is and won't tell me...LOL...they had some test done when I was in 1st or 2nd grade. My mom just keeps telling me that it's way above average or whatever. I don't really care.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:27 pm
Sam says...

I did one with the school psychologist in order to get into the gifted program. I got like 150, though it's probably higher now.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:45 am
Galatea says...

I got bored about half-way through and stopped taking it. These kinds of tests just aren't for me. I just don't think in that vein.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Apr 17, 2005 3:56 am
hekategirl says...

Galatea wrote:I got bored about half-way through and stopped taking it. These kinds of tests just aren't for me. I just don't think in that vein.

Same with me, IQ tests just aren't for me.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:35 am
Snoink says...

I thought IQ tests were developed for the military, not engineers.

Hmmm...

Didn't take it, but I have passed the CHSPE, which means I graduated high school at age 16! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:36 am
Midnight says...

IQ tests don't generally get higher with age. The point with IQ tests is that you have intelligence and that intelligence is the same level just in differant stages of development in your life.

That's one of the other problems I have wit IQ tests.
available

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:04 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

no, IQs actually tend to get lower with age, but thats beside the point. It has to do with how the mind develops and the changes that happen through puberty. a child uses the mind more as a todler than a teenager does, parts of the mind get divied up to different things. Todlers minds are only concerned with learning, a 15 year olds mind is concerned with sex. I'll stop with the Fruedian pyschology and just tell you that IQ lowers with age.

Modern IQ tests were adapted for engeneers. The origininal IQ tests were for the military, but tested different things. After World War II the military IQ tests were adapted for a growing consumer economy.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:13 pm
Sam says...

Doesn't your score also reflect gray matter/nerve tissue ratios or some junk like that?
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

67 Reviews

Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:37 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

thats a different test.
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:34 pm
Rei says...

Well, the military does need engineers, doesn't it? I just saw this sitcom where one of the characters was going nuts about the SATs. I think that test is total crap. Why do you have to be able to do that well in math and english to get into university, especially if you're going to be studying something that has nothing to do with math? I had a teacher once who failed grade ten math three times. If he needed to do the SATs to get into school I doubt he would have ended up being a teacher. You don't need calculous to teach law and business.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

67 Reviews

Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:11 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

because universities and colleges, especially small ones, are very concerned with keeping their student average GPA up. the better you do on an SAT the better you'll do in their school. I never took the SAT and i got like a 23 on the ACT. which isnt a great score. (heh, my mother thought it was a percent score, boy was she scared. HAHA)

But your right, standardized tests are bullcr*p. they do the same thing that IQ tests do, and only test for a certain range of people. it is the widest range of people, but its not everyone. I dont happen to fall in that range of people. I test well, but i dont learn the ways that public schools teach, so im in the sh*tter for that one. The only way i managed to get into this college was by going to a community college first, after high school, and doing a year of bang up work. i managed to get on the deans list of exceptional students, so i was a shoe in here. (117% on a final in one class... i ended up getting a B in that class to.... odd)
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Welcome to GEarth.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:26 am
Nai says...

::shrugs:: I got a 131

I have the SAT coming up in a week or two and it's required for my school. Plus the score is going on my transcript so I have to take it seriously.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:49 am
Areida says...

Aniar wrote:::shrugs:: I got a 131

I have the SAT coming up in a week or two and it's required for my school. Plus the score is going on my transcript so I have to take it seriously.

I take it seriously too, Nai. I took the PSAT just for practice and scored in the 91st percentile of college-bound juniors... and I'm only a freshman. The test is actually designed for juniors... so I think by the time I get there I'll be ready. My math score was what really pulled me down... In the reading parts I scored something like 77/80.. I dunno.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451