z

Young Writers Society

What's your IQ?

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:52 am
Incandescence says...

SAT Math is BASIC mathematics; whereas the Verbal portion is by far harder.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:05 am
Areida says...

Thanks Brad... you don't have to remind me that I stink at math... LOL... :wink:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:13 am
Sam says...

Since this is turning into a Brag About Your Test Scores thread, that is exactly what I'll do...lol.

NPR (literacy): 99
NPR (mathematics): 96

(that means I scored higher than 99/96% of the population MUAHAHAHAHA)
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:19 am
Nai says...

Well yes, it is for juniors and I am one so that part is fine. Our school's budget is a bit low so we only have Mathmatics, English, and Science on ours. We are also going to be be taking the PSAE (Prarie State Achievement Exam)... which as you can obviously tell by "Prarie State" is only in Illinois. I'm not fully clear on it yet, but I guess it's supposed to be some part of Bush's "No Child Left Behind" policy where every student MUST pass the test to graduate... so BIG thanks to Mr. George Dubbya for that... ::mutters:: asshole...
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:22 am
Incandescence says...

Yes, the horror at having to pass a test based at a tenth-grade level in order to graduate highschool! Who would've thought...
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:23 am
Sam says...

*jumps to look over native grasses*

NAI! *hop* YOU! *hop* FORGOT *hop* ABOUT *hop* US!!!! *collapses*

::mutters:: Illinois. Pshaw, they ain't got prarie...:wink:

Lol, I wouldn't be surprised if they had something like that for high schools here.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

43 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:28 am
Nai says...

Well i'm not that angry about it Brad...
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:39 am
emotion_less says...

Hehehe. I got like a 1760 on the SAT. I know, I'm a genious. I did to pretty well on Critical Reading... but I failed at Math... I'm so proud!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:16 pm
Midnight says...

woah American system is weird....

here we have SATs at 8,11,and 14 but they're standardized tests by the governments to track school targets and never count towards anything. I didn't know mine when I was 8 (the teachers were on strike against them woo) but I can't remember what I got when I was 11 and 14.

Our tests that count are GCSES at 16 As Levels at 17 (which are half of our A Level marks) and A levels at 18.

You have interviews for universities where they can see your As (some look at them some don't) and can you a conditional offers based on your A levels. Either grades i.e AAA or points i.e 160 (having an A as 50 or something like that??)

I applied to six and got my offers woo :) But they were all done in grades rather then points. You put down a first choice and a back up incase you don't achieve your conditional offer. I'm deciding this week.

I think it's gonna be

Cambridge: AAA as my first
My other offers were BBB but I think I'm gonna put down Durham. Anyway a little rant to myself there.
available

43 Reviews

Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:01 am
Nai says...

Sam wrote:::mutters:: Illinois. Pshaw, they ain't got prarie...:wink:

::eyes narrow::

Oh yeah?

TAKE THIS!!!

Well, as you can see that was back in 1820...and there is only 2,300 acres of high quality prairie left... 99.99% of the original prairie is gone.

So yeah, I guess your right lol

AND YES I'M QUOTING THE PAGE I GOT THIS FROM ::grumbles::
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:34 am
niteowl says...

emotion_less wrote:Hehehe. I got like a 1760 on the SAT. I know, I'm a genious. I did to pretty well on Critical Reading... but I failed at Math... I'm so proud!

I didn't know such a high score was possible, I thought the max was 1600...have they already introduced the new SAT that's 2400 points and you have to write an essay?

(edited to remove identifying information)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 333
Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:39 am
emotion_less says...

They gave us the new SAT tests, essays included.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:18 am
Crysi says...

Ugh I hate tests.

The ones we had to pass in order to graduate were extremely easy but extremely long. I almost fell asleep during both of them.

We're doing the STAR testing next week.. Our school has been pounding us with the message to do well for the past few weeks. Apparently we got a really bad rating last year from the scores, so we're supposed to do our best.. But really, there's no motivation. Grr.
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:42 pm
BlueStone says...

Do you know why? Because the school gets more money the better the average is from all the students. Like-wise, many students hate the STAR and just make nice 90 degree zig-zags. I'm a senior so taking it does not apply to me. It's called coming to school at 12:30. *sticks out tongue*

~BS

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:40 pm
Rei says...

Yeah. In Ontario we have standardized testing, and I think in some other provinces. Only one of them really matters when it comes to moving on in your education. In our second year of high school we have to take an English test. It's really easy, so unless English is not your first language (and that is a lot of people in Toronto) or you have a serious reading problem, it doesn't mean much. I mean, if yuo can't do well on that test, it's not likely that your reading and writing skills are good enough to move on yet anyway.

I think universities should test applicants based on what is relevant to the program, not give every high school the same test.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary