Dream Deep says...

The link, here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22406555/

... if this site had a flag, I'd ask that it be lowered to half-mast. >.<

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:42 pm
Phoebe says...

This truly is a tragedy; one had to respect the woman who had the tenacity and chutzpah to rise to P.M. in a country where her sisters are oppressed.
What would Brad do?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:59 pm
Firestarter says...

Horrific. I'm worried about Pakistan and the whole stability of that region now. With Afghanistan seemingly not improving, and now Pakistan in danger of imploding -- Musharraf may push once more for military rule to tackle militants and terrorism, with democracy too fragile to withstand the ruthlessness of these attacks. It's a sorry, sorry day for the world.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:31 pm
Via says...

I read this this morning. Such a tragedy :( Great, great woman.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:44 pm
Flemzo says...

I don't follow current events much, but when I saw this headline, I was shocked. What a terrible way to die.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:46 am
Snoink says...

This made me mad. And the sad thing is I can't do anything about it! Grrr...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:28 am
Loose says...

This made me sad, when I heard about it, but I'm glad that her son is taking over. Espescially when he said "The best revenge is democracy."

It made me think that he will definately do great things in the memory of his mother.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:41 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I sure hope that things pan out for Pakistan. They deserve a break.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:21 am
Emerson says...

My dad came into the hotel room real early and said "Something bad happened" then turned on the news. So I was watching for a long while.

It's really tragic, and horrible, and it is going to cause lots of messes. I only wish I had known about her before her death; now, I feel compelled to learn everything about her.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:57 pm
StellaThomas says...

If the site could hold a minute's silence from respect, I think we should. She was a great woman.

And also, her son deserves so, so much respect for what he's taken on.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:13 am
MadHatter says...

I was really shocked. I was playing video games when my mom walked in and told me that she had died. I was really shocked. But not much we can do for her now.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:05 am
starrynight89 says...

It was such a tragedy because I'd part of Women Studies final project on her. Her contribution towards fighting for women's right was noteworthy. It was such a shock because, I felt she was best candidate who could've won the elections. Interestingly enough, in an interview, she commented on her knowledge about the plans to assassinate her by insurgents. Yet, she said that she needed to be there. I admire her strength, bravery and most of all commitment towards her country and belief in her principles. Great, great woman.
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Okay, first of all, who names their dinner? I don't want to know my dinner's name. This potato--is this potato named Steve?
— Rick Riordan, The Sword of Summer