z

Young Writers Society

Help! Technology is evil!!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:48 am
Via says...

So I got this Creative Zen 30gb thing for Chritmas, right. But before I had an ipod (...well, I still have it...but you know what I mean). But, you can't sync the iTunes to the Zen, right? So it tells you to do the drag and drop into Media Player. Completely ignoring the thousands of songs I would have to drag and drop I tried to do it anyway. I would drop one song in, it would fall under "new items" (even when I told it not too) and then I'd drag another and drop it and the first one would disappear and so on and so on. So then I pulled my iTuned into the library of MP, but really it put it as "other media" and wouldn't sync itself. So I finally figured out how to add the "other media" to the sync list, then synced the Zen, and only 200 out of 1600+ songs would download to the Zen.

HELP ME!

I am so unfriendly with technology I'm surprised it hasn't killed me yet.

I need me some musaic! Please help me! :(
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:00 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Are you absolutely sure you can't just sync it with iTunes? I always thought iTunes worked with other digital audio players apart from iPods. Failing that, does it not come with its own software? Perhaps you should install that, and it uses it better from that.

Sorry, this probably didn't help at all. I'm about as aware of modern technology as Captain Caveman, so I apologise!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

694 Reviews

Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:03 pm
Via says...

Haha! Well it gives me options to sync it with either MediaPlayer or Yahoo Music Player, neither of which will take the iTunes songs....apparently. I spent like 3 hours last night trying to get the yahoo music player to work and I finally did, and then it wouldn't take the itunes song so I just went to bed.

It's driving me nuts!

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:14 pm
tinny says...

Songs from iTunes won't work on any other MP3 player because of the file format. I have this problem since my nano broke -- I have to re-rip all my CDs with Windows media player.

Some of them might work if they were imported into iTunes as MP3 files, which is what I know my sister does, but anything bought from the iTunes store, or ripped directly through the iTunes player won't work on anything elsebut an iPod.

It sucks.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

694 Reviews

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:19 pm
Via says...

That is so horrible! I tried to put it on the MP3 and it was like "Error: failed to recognize file type" or something...now that makes so much sense..haha. Thank you LTF!

Now I'm sad, though...I can't listen to my songs on my MP3!

The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.
— Shakti Gawain