z

Young Writers Society

Latest Australian News!

Reviews: 1
Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:32 am
themagickeeper says...

I've rated it R cos it is about gang rape, which is a horrible topic.

Click on this link and read this story:

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx? ... ntID=50485

This story has been going on for a few days here in Australia. This is outrageous and distgusting, and the judge should be sacked and never ever allowed to work again. Ten year olds dont know the meaning of sex properly, and there is no way that she would let men, ranging from teenagers to grown men have consensual sex with her.

Sorry, but this is 'In The News' here in Australia, and I was just wondering what other people's opinions were on the case, especially other Aussies
Sally: [singing] I'm Susan the happy trotting elf! I trot and trot and bounce and bounce and smile a lot and that's what counts! I'm Susan the happy trotting smile a lotting elf! I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I say "Apparently!"

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:34 am
Chaotic Romance says...

Wow.

I don't live in Australia, but that is disgusting.

And that ruling is a bunch of bull...

No ten year old girl knows what sex really is... and even if they did, I don't think that she would allow more then one male to have sex with her. Especially ones as old as 26. Honestly, can't they find girls their own age? Even if it's not "rape", they should still get in more trouble, seeing as she is under 16 and therefore is a minor... here in the US those men would probably go to jail for doing something like that, regardless of whether it was "consensual" or not... that judge is a moron and should be fired as soon as possible.

I can't believe they even claim it to be an "experiment", that's just ridiculous.

But, the most disturbing thing about this: the poor girl got an STD at the young age of ten!

Well, I'm done ranting now... just wanted to get my opinion up. Usually I don't comment on "In the News" posts, but this was so ridiculous I made an exception.
"Assert your right to make a few mistakes. If people can't accept your imperfections, that's their fault." - Dr. David M. Burns

My website: http://www.freewebs.com/chaoticromance1/index.htm

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:32 am
Loose says...

I didn't hear about this until tonight when... Channel ten(?) news did a year review. And I was appauled.

What made my jaw drop was when they said the judge said "The girl probably agreed to have sex with the men". I was disgusted. She was a girl too, wasn't she?

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant