z

Young Writers Society

Examination Station

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:13 am
Alteran says...

For many, exams are upon us. I thought it would be nice for those of us plagued by this most evil of human creations to band together for support. Ya know, tell us what exams you have, how studying is going. How evil the teacher is.

So far I've taken my astronomy final with 4 more to go. Humanities, Algebra, Western Civ and Intro to Microcomputers.

Spill the beans folks, how's it going?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:21 am
whence says...

mine aren't 'til next week.

*basks*
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:27 am
Twit says...

Mine aren't till next June. *uber basks* :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:05 pm
Via says...

*sigh*

I have Human Growth and Development today, British Literature I tomorrow (Evilness lever: 97%), and Philosophy and Ceramics on Wednesday.

I'm definitely ready for break.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:07 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I'm doing my mocks (practises) for my GCSEs all this week. So far I've had Media Studies, Welsh (urgh), English, English Literature and Maths.

Tomorrow I've got History and Technology. Wednesday: Biology. Thursday: Chemistry and Maths. Friday: English and Physics. Monday: Art.

Fun.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:17 pm
Trident says...

Two portfolios: one finished, one unstarted. A presentation that I just gave today. A Russian final on Wednesday and a Modern English Grammars final next Monday. Should be loads of fun. x_x
Perception is everything.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:25 pm
tinny says...

My exams are under a month away *flails*

I've done so much revision already, but I still feel so unprepared.

Christmas is going to be interesting.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:56 pm
Rydia says...

Mocks this week and next that include History and Law. Also, English coursework second draft and History coursework first draft. Then exams in early January are The English Legal System resit (I must have my A), The Seeds of Evil resit (I need a whole eleven marks...), Contract Law exam, Pure maths C4 exam, Pure maths C3 exam and Fascist Italy under Mussolini exam.

So two law, two history and two maths. Then the other ten (two history, one law, five maths, two English) aren't until May/June.

Not too bad this year. Beats the twenty-three I had last year.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:26 pm
Perra says...

Tomorrow, at 8:30 a.m., is my exam of utter d00m-nation. DX It's a class that's like a cross of Intro to Philosophy and Intro to World Religions with some science and democracy stuff mixed in. We have to choose one of two essay prompts to write an essay on. We have four hours and don't get to use the six books plus a book of excerpts that we've been studying this semester. I really don't want to take this exam.

Last Friday I had my Calculus exam. It sucked out my soul and turned me into a zombie. I was doing something wrong, but didn't know what and ended up just giving up. I had answered most of the questions and we only had about fifteen minutes left anyway.

This Wednesday afternoon is my World Religions exam. That should go a lot better than my other exams, at least I hope so. :(
What makes this worse is that the dorms close at some time Wednesday evening, so I have to pack, clean the room, go Christmas shopping, see a friend, and change my schedule for second semester before my exam Wednesday. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:59 pm
Emerson says...

Well I have finals in all my classes... that means American Lit, US history, precalc, Chem II, French III, and German I. Of course, this is high school and they aren't until next week.

The only ones I'm concerned about are precalc and chem. If I do good on the next test and final in precalc, I have the chance of getting an A which would help keep my GPA up if my chem grade doesn't go up. And I would be happy. :D My chem grade is a 72% and because it isn't honors, that really drops my GPA. I have to get As on these next tests in Chem to get a B (78%, since she's giving us a curve). Don't think I'm GPA obsessed, this is within reason. XD I have to be in the top 5% of my class to get into the honors program at the uni I want to go to. ^_^ All the previous years I've done that... this year is a bit slippery. We'll see. I hope so.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:27 pm
Crysi says...

There's a 90% chance I'm going to fail calculus! Yay!

(I used to jest about "failing" the class -- I'd say I was failing if I had a C. So it's kind of a shock to me, and I'm not sure it's fully hitting just yet, that I am quite literally failing calculus at the moment with a glorified F. Won't Father be happy?

Even if I get 100% on the final, I'll have barely made a B. Which, admittedly, is far enough from an F that I'd be quite pleased... But seeing as how my highest exam score in that class was a 77%, things aren't looking too great.

I need 80% on the final to barely break a C.

W00t. And it'll be on my birthday, too.

At least I'm pretty sure I'm acing my other classes... band and music theory.

Huzzah.
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm
Meshugenah says...

AHHH!

Had psych at 8 this morning. That was fun. Took a nap after. Much nicer.

Have environmental science tomorrow (love the professor, highly iffy about the subject), and my university class (english and philosophy combination), and then political science on Thursday.

Woo!

*stabs finals*
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:25 pm
Leja says...

*covers ears*

No! Don't make me think about finals yet; I'm still trying to live in denial. Looking forward to: English final. Woot for all essays about the book we've been reading! Abhor: Spanish. sooo much grammar ><

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:39 pm
Teague says...

*twitch*

I just got assigend a Chem project. And our finals are in two weeks! *flail*

There's no way in Dante's Divine Comedy that I'll be able to ace that final. Or my maths one, for that matter. Growl.

And my English final seems... daunting. O.O [/didn't read Heart of Darkness]

All my others.. bleh. Who cares. Español es muy facil. Histoty too. And Newspaper is just technical junk; I'm an editor because I know all that technical junk.

But man! A project a fortnight before finals. -_-
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:13 am
Areida says...

Mine aren't till after Christmas, but I've still got projects and papers coming out of my ears to turn in before I get out for break the week after next.

Good luck to everyone who's in the home stretch! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood