z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Yearbook '07

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:40 pm
Firestarter says...

I started a really long yearbook message then realised it would take me a week to write down something for everyone in the last year. One day I'll do it properly.

So, I'll just summarise:

To the California Crew: Dono, Kat, Bekster, Sam, Karina, Grif and Sgt.Salt, for making the summer special and for giving me memories I'll never forget.

To Big Brother and Nate, for the being the best damn mod crew in the universe and for being great people at the same time.

To everyone who has made me think, smile, laugh: Suz, Brad, Emily, DD, Wiggy, fishr, Sam, Misty, Skye, Cal, Ari, Imp, Jiggy, Vernon, Sureal, Dan, Jenna, Kit, Heather, MattB, SK and whoever else I've talked to this year and forgotten.

It's been a long year and a lot of people helped me through it. I'd also like to apologise for disappearing unannounced. One of my resolutions for 2008 is to get as involved into YWS as I used to be, and give back as much as this site has given to me.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:24 pm
Penhaligon29 says...

What a suitable day to find this! Well, I just wanted to scribble my name on this page. No specific shout outs to anyone other than Poltergiest and everyone else on YWS. You guys are so great and I'm glad to be able to end the year with you guys!
I lead the Curtain Club. Find out what this is by following this link:
topic20026.html

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:38 pm
October Girl says...

First things first.... Yay YWS!!!!! To those who have dicovered this website and to those yet to discover it. :D :D :D

As Always
-Max
We're meant to be one
I know we are...
If I am the Sky
Then you are my star... ™

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:01 pm
Nikki17 says...

This is the most amazing site in the world! I can pursue my dream of being a Writer and improve my skills in every area possible. Although this may sound corny,
YWS has changed me.
For instance...
I wrote a story and edited it for a few weeks. (a guide to snowshoveling)
I thought in was hte most amazing story ever.
I posted it hoping to get lots of people applauding my great work.
However, I did not
I got something better
Detailed critiques that have improved my Writing more than ever! I'm really starting to learn about what being a Writer is all about. Members of YWS found errors and places to correct I never would have found and they could always improve my Writing. Even if it was just a few words.
Again,
YWS has changed me
The 101 tips are really good and have also helped me a great deal.
I only have one shout out
Ayra- honestly, you are one of the most talent authors I have ever met.
I have no doubts that in the future you have a very good chance of publishing a book and I'll look forward to coming to your book signing.
You're only 12 years old and you've taught me more than ever. You give out some of the best critiques ever and you have a lot of talent.
Go YWS!
Nikki

Edit: Wow I sound flat. I meant to use some exclamation points. Well, never mind.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 pm
Gladius says...

All right, I know I haven't been here long but I thought I would contribute something. :) Wish me luck!

To the 'chat junkies' of teh Lounge-- there are too many to list, but you know who you are! Thanks for your real-time advice, the many laughs, and for encouraging my first (and so far only) thread on its merry way. Kudos to Jabber for her tireless editing! *hug* Oh, and for putting up with my dragonese antics, thank you so much! You've made me feel so welcome, guys!

Mesh- you were one of the first to help me, and you've always found a way around some disaster or another of mine. ;)

Monki- though I haven't seen you around lately, you were also a first. Thank you for taking a chance with this newbie!

Hunter and Via- for sparing the slaying of this newb. You guys are awesome! :grin:

Tamora- we joined about the same time, and we have many of the same interests. Good luck with your writing!

Temeraire- awesome dragons! I wish I could say my own (and the equipment with them) were as ingenious, but hopefully I'll get there. ;) Keep up the good work! :smt023

And to all the people I forgot- so sorry- you count, too, of course! *group hug*

Of course, we can't forget the mods and admins. Where would we be without them? Especially Nate. Though I haven't gotten the chance to know him by more than name, this site would be nothing without him. ;)

Thank you all for a wonderful first month! *gasp* And I promise I'll do more reviewing!! XD
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:01 pm
StellaThomas says...

To the nice people there who have welcomed me and reviewed...

I just wanted to sign to say I was here for the last three days!!

With love,
Stella
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:05 pm
Lini-chan says...

Hi to all the people I know here! YWS is wonderful and I hope lots more people find it!

~Lini <3

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:23 am
Phoebe says...

Dearest YWS:

I rather fail at this being mysterious bit, don’t I? Ah well. I’ve become attached to the name now, though it began as simply a little leg-stretching exercise for my dear (and fictional) Phoebe Getman. Now that I’ve dispelled the fog—

Lord Dono n00b-Slayer: You, my lord, are amazing. <3

Rivka: Keep your chin up, young person. Thanks for being such a better correspondent than I am, and expect a deluge of letters in the new year.

Jenna: You’re lovely. Thanks for the lovely time in DC, and the book! (Burroughs is a genius, non?)

Snoink: I won’t lie; each time I see a pig, I think of you. Best of luck with FREAK, Snoinkus. ^^

Crysi: My fellow snark! From at each other’s throats to crying on each other’s shoulders, we’ve done it all, have we not? I hope this year goes much better for you than the last.

Nate: Thanks for the site! ^^

Brad: Braddy, you are the little brother I never wanted. I love you. You’re a genius. I’m going to kick your ass if you scare me again.

Bek: All I can say is—cheers! I wish we didn’t live three timezones apart. Next year, we’ll have to keep in touch more consistently. ^~

Trident: You, my dear friend, were my first YWS crush. Happy New Year, Cal. ^^

Suzanne: Crazy Russians! ^^ Best of luck and best regards, of course.

Stella Thomas: I only met you tonight, but you are a true kindred spirit, as Anne might say. Cheers. ^^

Ari: You are prettier than should be allowed, and an amazing young woman to boot. I’m proud to be a big sis. ^^

Wiggy: You are the sweetest, darlingest, favoritest young writer on this site. You never fail to make me smile, Wigs, and I hope you smile a kajillion times as often as that. Happy New Year. ^^

Via: This coming year, I promise, we’ll talk more. You’re far too cool not to take advantage of. –That didn’t come out right, but I think you know what I meant.

Caligula’s Laundrette: Without you, I never would have found the Young Writer’s Society! Thank you, m’dear. Besos y abrazos!

Gyrfalcon: Ohhh gooooooooose! ^^ Sorry for being such an absentee friend this year. Next year will certainly improve. ^~

Pushca: Your blog is my favorite, without a doubt. Never be ashamed of loving Tyra. ^~

Cade: Your skill is amazing and your potential astounding. I look forward to watching you. ^^

ZZAP: This year would not have been the same without you. Best of luck, my friend.

To everyone who was in the chat between 6pm and 7:30pm EST on Dec 31, 2007 (including but not limited to Aet Lindling, Audy, 3B, Sachi, bubbles, Linds, and Lord n00b-Slayer): Happy New Year, my friends, and thanks for unconsciously turning a truly awful New Year’s Eve into a fantastic one.

Also, a shoutout (and I'm sure, later, when I have less champagne in me, fuller entries), to:
Saint Razorblade, Poor Imp, twit, Kit, Meep, Adam_Atlantian, Firestarter, Vernon, Elizabeth, Loose, nuttychooky, Jabber, Dreamer, PenguinAttack, Matt, Matt, Sam, Jiggy, whence, SPEW, CCF, sabradan, WD, and everyone else I know I’m forgetting.
What would Brad do?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:47 am
Kyuuketsuki says...

Wow, I wish I had as much to write as everyone else here. I just thought I'd say something because I haven't been posting much. ^^;;

Well... I'm kind of a newb to this site, so the only ones I can shout out to would be Meep-sempai, my friend Kione, and Kameo-kun who hardly gets on here any more.

And then of course to everyone else... you all rock. I love going through and reading what you all write and say. I've got to hand it to you guys, this is a rocking awesome site; I love it. You guys are all great.
Last edited by Kyuuketsuki on Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:56 am
iQuippie says...

Zomg. This is brilliant. ^.^

Well, YWS is amazing, we all know that. It's done wonders for me, and even wonderfull...er wonders for my writing. *sniffles* Thank you all so much. *blows nose*
(And because only nerds really get choked up at their computer screen... Um... well... maybe I'm a nerd. Just a tad.)

I'd like to thank The Academy... and Lindsay, Rick, LAF (my long-lost sister!), AET Lindling (my freakish inspiration), Mattstor (aka, Pointy Eyes Man >.>), and, like, a million others I'm way too lazy to name. I hope you know who you are.

Have a great year everyone.
I think you're crazy, maybe.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 am
Bella says...

Grah! Only one post? Tis not enough! *plans on writing a lot, but will also probably forget half of it within the next five seconds*.

First of all~~~ HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Yes, I felt the need to shout that. I've been with YWS for nearly one year now, and I'm sooooo happy. This website is an amazing website, and my writing seriously has improved since I started using it.

Next, a few shout outs~~

-I have to thank Claudette/Suzanne about fifty-million times, for all her wonderful poetry critiques. Without her, the poem "The Murdered and the Murderer" Would've never been written, and I would still be writing the horrible romantical mush I was writing. THANK YOU CLAUD!-

-This is to Alice, because she's amazingly wonderful and a splendid friend-

-This is to Nate, for keeping the website up and running, and emailing us so that we knew how to contact everyone else when the website was down. You rock my socks Nate!-

-This is to Koko, now known as Kito, my newest friend, who is awesome in every sense of the word, as well as a splendid shoulder to cry on.-

-This is to Adam, who, in general, kicks arse-

-This is to all my friends who I cannot name, or think of at this time! I love you all!!-

Also~~

This is added just for my own pleasure. Everyone on this site who reads this and knows me this well is to hold me to these. These are my resolutions for hte new year. I read somewhere that by telling other people, you're more likely to stick to them, so here it goes~~

-I will not allow people to push me around, or force me to do things I don't want to do.

-I will finish my book, and get to work on the revisions.

-I will stop allowing all my friends crisises to ruin my life.

That's all I've got, but those are three really important things to me.

Once again, Happy New Year everyone!!! SQUEE TO YWS!!!

*oops... I almost forgot to put my name. What good is a yearbook if you never sign your name?*

~~~Bella~~~ (Also known as Sarabella, Bella-Luna, Bella-Maria, Bells)
Last edited by Bella on Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:16 am
kioneslayer says...

w00t! 2008. =D about four more years before the end of normal school and into college textbooks! XD

New year revolution? Never have one. But I have to give up most of my sugar. Stupid blood disorder.

and I got to find out more about Lyme's disease. D;=

How shall I leave with a bang this year......=D Puppies! -dashes next door-

Okay, I gotta say. I haven't been on here long but I already know a lot of people and I'm glad. I love this writing community! =D It's a priceless place and I honestly hope the next generation of writer's don't ruin this place. -huggles Nate- dude, you're the most hardcore person I ever knew! Thank you so much for making such a place for writer's to get to gether and do the one thing they love without the worry of being put down in a six foot grave. =D I also want to say thank you to everyone on YWS for making a wondeful welcome and I say this for a lot of people that are too afraid to write...."I'm glad there's one person who will cheer, even if a million boo at my work. One cheer is better then none"
(god, I'm already crying that the year is over)

-pokes above me- Howdy, Chicky! =D How's it going up there?

Love ya all!!!!!
Ally Delue(aka: Kioneslaye~r!) <3
"The Circle of Rising!" Alita shreeked while looking down at the circle with a seven-pointed star with a rose in it. The star's points touched the edge of the chircle while the rose almost seemed to drift in the middle. ~The Alchemy Child

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:33 am
kittykat says...

Um...not really sure what to put since I signed for this at the end of the year, so I haven't gotten to post anything yet. My favorite story this year was by Errant, it's title was "Fifteen Eternal Candles."
I'm probably the youngest person in the society! I'm trying to read the rest of the posts here, and I plan to post something once I download the stuff on my pc to my laptop.

It's been great!...so far. :-)
Our happiness here is all vain glory,
This false world is but transitory,
The flesh is weak, the Fiend is slee
Timor mortis conturbat me.
--William Dunbar

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:26 am
bethanyoverload says...

this is the year to show your talents and,wow, its 2008!!!!!!love you all
"Poetry is like the sun, as it is writen down it only becomes more beautiful",as said by shooting-star

90 Reviews

Reviews: 90
Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:43 am
Palantalid says...

oh YWS, smite me but i'll skip the punctuation.
my god, the lists. call me inactive if you want, but it's true that this place is surely somewhere to belong. i actually started actively here in October and if the world wide web is kicking then YWS is always in my favorites and history, every time. and this colourful multitude is it's greatest treasure.
a yearbook, well, so here goes-

To everyone who i might have passed by, encountered, critiqued, pmed, chatted, those who have come in and out of my life on this site, no this paradise- suffice to say that you'll stick around somewhere in this ribcage for much time to come.

To Nate- they say silence is the language of god, but since i dont live on olympus or in the pearly gates, i'll speak in a mortal tongue- thank you.

To my original welcome wagon-
psychic ninja, where are you?

Vernon, you were seigfred once, but names dont change a thing. we'll keep in touch eh? and i hope that you and your princess do have a happily ever after.

Kitty15- bless your feline soul. your dedication to this place is rivalled only by Nate's or maybe........well just keep it going.

To general Penguin- we will fight over Piggy bay again. until then..........how come you're everywhere at one time? well always remember to play the party.

Ginger- for the critques and because inside evrybody there's a ginger.

To those mysterious mods whom i hear of all the time and see all over the place but have never met.

To the great great talents in this place- poets, writers and yes, critics too- i aspire to rival all of you, now rather than later.

To kaistofel, welcome to YWS buddy, may your literary spleen spill over into this critical butchery, and no i'm not scaring you.

To 2007- it's been a long journey.........but now you can go suck a lemon.
To 2008- welcome to the party.

To myself- hey, stop talking to yourself, people are watching.

well if that doesn't do i'll...i'll......go bald, or eat my shoe,
HAPPY NEW YEAR YWS!!!
What syllable are you seeking,
Vocalissimus,
In the distances of sleep?
Speak it.
—Wallace Stevens, “To the Roaring Wind”

The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
— Martin Luther King, Jr.