z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Yearbook '07

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:39 am
Nate says...

It's the end of the year, so why not have a yearbook?

You may post anything you like: shout-outs to specific people, stories or poems you really liked, what you read this year, pictures, favorite quote, etc. However, you may make only one post! Although you can edit that one post as much as you like.

This thread will be open until January 2nd, 2008, at which time it will be locked.

Note: The idea for this comes from a thread Callimire made over at Teenage Writers.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:46 am
Teague says...

Zomigosh! A whole year on YWS! Oh, the trillion and one things I could say...

Shoutouts!

Dono- Aaah, what's not to love? There's certainly enough ego to go around. You're a great sport and a great friend. And curse you for getting me involved in your black hole of storybooks! *shakes a fish taco at you*

Crysi- I still hug my screen every time I read your comment on Ten Years, Twenty Eight Days. It makes me so very happy. ^_^

Zankoku- Aah, good times, good times. Both at school and here. You'd be ten times as awesome as you are now if you would lose the inferiority complex, but I love you anyway. Down with Devilberg! ^_~

Tassen- My pet spaz! We should go throw rocks at Vincenzo again. Make the boy dance. Anyway, you're awesome and real and (hey!) not stupid. Stay that way or no more maths help for you! Oh, and remember your horoscope. ;)

Lindsay- I love you. What more is there to say?

Angel- You've really grown on me recently. You're sweet and charming and I don't want to fathom how boring it would be without you. Just leave Vernon and his Scottishness alone, okay? ^_~

Aet- Words cannot even begin to cover it! You rock my feet off. And only because I'm not weaing socks or shoes.

Suzanne- One of these days I'll stop calling you Clau! Lol. Congrats on the play, congrats on being the awesome person you are, and best wishes for the future. You rock. ;)

Flemzo- Solicit magazines to me, why don't you? ^_~ My YWS pen pal! Hehe. I can't wait to get your next letter. Chat more there.

Amelia- I love you. And you know why. ^_~

Nate- Avast, me hearty! None of this would be possible without you. I more or less owe my entire life to you for setting up this awesome site that saved my existance. I live for YWS. Not to mention you're just one of the most amazing people on the face of the earth. Folks like you are rare, and I'm honoured to even fathom having your acquaintance, let alone be able to call you a friend. ^_^

To everyone- Much love, much life, much happiness. You all are amazing people with bright futures. You've all done so much for me and I feel like I can never pay that back, so I'll just pay it forward. I'm honoured to be such an esteemed member of this site. Every day I have to pinch myself to remind myself that I'm this lucky. I love you guys, each and every one of you, more than I could ever hope to say.

Stories! Kylan is z-mazing with his Vigilante story. Go read it! And there's also Zankoku_na_tenshi and her lovely Land of Sky, Land of Rain. It's very pretty, I have a postcard from it. And yes, that was a bad title pun. Oh, and might I suggest a tiny wee story called Ten Years, Twenty-Eight Days by a very lovely and talented Saint Razorblade?

Shameless plug ahoy!

^-^

And two awesome quotes:

My life's motto: "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody." - Bill Cosby

My writing motto: "How vain is it to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live." -Henry David Thoreau

Much love from the Pirate of YWS! Arr, yarr, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum, and all that jazz!

Here's to the future. No looking back! Bring me that horizon!

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:

P.S. Awesome thread, Nate.
Last edited by Teague on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:18 am
Emerson says...

Dear YWS,

You've had such an effect on me... my writing has improve one thousandfold, and I can't say that it has simply because I'm getting better or because YWS has helped me so much... I really think it is the latter. I've never been on a site this good and I don't think I will find another like it. Big, huge thank you to Nate for making this site possible, and not only giving me but many, many other writers a haven and a place to learn and grow. I really do not think I would be where I am without YWS.

Shout outs to all my dearest loves: Dream_deep, Prosithion (as I will call you!), Samichan, Imp, Sachiko, Melja, Via, Brad, Cassandra (She was my first friend! I haven't seen her in so long), Kit, Jiggity, and so, so many others... Wiggy! of course Wiggy. ^_~ My first real life YWS friend. With out all of you, and many, many others comments and encouragements and help I would not be so good as I am now. So many of you don't know how much I respect, love, and appreciate you... *hugs Dreamy* You rock for sending me a card for Flowers for the Wake. ^_~

----

Now I'm personalizing my shout outs. ^_^

Dream_Deep, Bechka - What can I say? Really... What can I say? haha. We have too many inside jokes that I'm sure we don't even know them all. You're such an amazing friend...I've known you for about a year know, and I have to say I've never had this much in common with someone. I believe we had fits of excitement when we found out we both liked, wait, no, loved Rammstein. Come on, who couldn't? Hah. And you encourage my writing constantly, and believe in me, and then you're a wonderful person...You're a great friend, and I can't wait to live in that little house with you near LH. ^_^

Pros - I will steal your soul, thank you very much! That's all I have to say. ^_~

Samichan - You make me hate you. But you already know that. You're another one of my really, amazing, great friends. Again, inside jokes galore (Jans ist blod, ja? mit umlaut...) but it is what makes you fun! And you're so young, but wow, talented. And funny, and smart, and did I say that you make me hate you? You're just so smart. Not even school smart, logically. And you're sweet!

Imp - True, knowing you is something that takes a while, but I still love and respect you. ^_^ I perhaps have to thank you for a lot of getting me to where I am, which is strange since we hardly talk. You've fueled me to look for Russian Studies, and sure enough, that is what I shall be taking. You're an amazing writer, with such talent, and skill, and genius, and everything...I hope one day that I can at least say, "I kind of knew her!" to one of your millions of fans, most of them probably being European, hah. And you tolerate my constant questions about things, hehe. Spaciba, da?

Melja - I don't know you that well?...Honestly there are some people on here that I love but I just don't know them that well! I do love you though. You're a great poet, and a really bright girl, and I love talking to you. :) It's also fun to greet someone in Polish, and see them greet me back, even if we then have to get back into English.

Via - haha, you sent me a T-shirt. And I still owe you one. ^_^ You're a very cool, unique girl. I love how you're so charged for certain interests, you're so proactive and "I can change the world!" I love it. Keep it up; you will change the world.

Brad - Like everyone else, I did hate you when I first came here. :D But, like everyone else usually, I came to love you quickly. You are an amazing writer, one of the best on the site. You completely deserve to get CMP published, and I have no doubt that you will. You're a complete genius, and a really, really funny guy. Even if I call you a nasty name, you have to keep in mind, I still really love you.

Wiggy - You're.. such a ball of energy, haha. I remember how natural it was to talk with you for the first time; finally, I can be nerdy with someone in person! And you're just so.. ^^ You're great, and fun, and awesome. I really wish we could spend more time together, but our schedules always seem to clash. I like that I can go to you and say "have you read ~~~?" and you either say yes, or that you have been wanting to. I love lit nerds. And you believe in me so much, and have done so much for my faith, and helped me out with a lot. You really are an amazing friend. :D

Nate - You are one of the best administrators of a web forum I have ever known. Thank you for allowing me such an opportunity to work with the crew, and with you, and with squills and the blog and what ever else. This is an amazing thing for me to be able to do, I think it is teaching me very good leadership skills and people skills. Some would argue it isn't but... honestly, what is better for your learning than debating or working with people...? Hehe. You're a wonderful person too, so kind and giving and generous. You'll probably die trying to fix the next Big Crash of YWS. Only the first week I was at YWS, I was made an instructor, and look at me now... I completely didn't mean to advance that fast, haha. Which must mean I deserve it...? But like I've said from the beginning, I am willing to do what is best for the site.

To one long, lovable year on YWS, and one more, perhaps without bugs, crashes, and what not.

I'm never going to forget YWS :)

Later, I'll post stories!

Yours sincerely and with all the love that I can posses,
Suzanne
Last edited by Emerson on Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:35 am
Crysi says...

To all those I've hurt,
To all those I've loved,
To all those I've laughed with,
To all those I've pwnd,
To all those I've trusted,
To all those I've helped,
To all those I've talked to,
To all those who have talked to me,
To all those who have left a warm comment on my blog,
or who have sent me an encouraging PM,
To the California Crew and everyone who made the meet-up,
To all those n00bs who didn't hate me after I slayed them (<3),
To everyone in the Mod Squad (Big Brother and the Juniors),
To all three admins (especially Nate, through everything),
To the ever-awesome Fiction Crew,
To all those who live to write and don't let anything get in the way of their dreams...

To all of you,

I love you.

Thanks for yet another year of friendship, laughter, and memories I will never forget.
Love and Light

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:36 am
whence says...

In Progress....

Well, 2007. The year of...um....well, an animal, I'm sure.

I came to YWS last spring, and while I can't honestly say that the site has directly influenced my writing, I've gotten some completely amazing critiques here.

Shoutouts:

Zee, AKA, Le Awesome: For all the times you've feigned interest, just to keep me going, thanks =].

Brad, Aka, akA: You've given me at least one much needed literary slap in the face. Don't pull your punches.

Fand: I haven't talked to you in a while, but you gave me the most thorough critique I've ever received. So that pretty much guarantees you a spot on this list.

Adam: You're an odd one, you are. Stay that way.

...more people'll be added. So...don't be insulted if you're not here.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:23 am
Lindsaroo says...

08 Jan 2007

The day I joined YWS and it's almost been a whole year. I must admit you all scared the crap out of me when I first joined XD but I got over it ^_^ And now I'm like...the same. lol So what does that tell you?

I have to say this year was filled with emotional ups and downs that hit the best and the worst, but through the bad times I had all of you guys and you all helped me out soo much.

Oh! And my writing! lol It has improved greatly since I joined. I am better at writing my poetry, even though it has much room for improvement. And my stories have gotten better as well.

I love you all on here, the old members and the newbies.

And of course, Chat. hehe I love you! =P I'm such a junkie and I'm proud. And I love all the others in there. Y'all is awesome! Even Ash, because he knows that I love him no matter how many times we've fought. I met most of you in there and I just...I love you! I've said that so much but I do. Dono and his awesomeness. And Suz and Crysi and Brad and Adam umm...all the mods! And Mesh and Jack and of course, Nate. We'd all be lost with out YWS, thank you sooo much!

If I tired to list everyone...oh that would just be too much. *points to 144 friends* I love all of you!!

A special shout-out to Saint, because she is just that cool. One to Nutty, Reak, Lupe, and to Penguin (My Frodo!) You girls rock. And yup, that's it.

Ok well, Rick. (wow we didn't see that one coming ^_^) That's probably the best thing YWS did was introduce me to you. I love you soo much and always will.

That's it. Pretty much, to sum all that up in three simple words...
I love YWS!
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:40 am
Reyu says...

YWS,

To be honest, I do not know where to begin. This website provides a place for people to get together and share ideas, the very fabric of intelligence. We got Poetry, categories of writing for any genre, chess (I miss Simon Says, bring that back, I can beat you Nate!), The lounge... I could list everything but that would take forever. This site boggles my mind and I wish I had the time to fully appreciate it in all it's aspects. Then again, I have outgrown some of it, to an extent. Don't ever dissapear YWS, for if you do, many voices will be silenced.

SHOUT OUTS:

Snoink - "SEXY SNOINK... I want... To fry your bacon tonight." I got permission to post that :) bwhahaha.

Hunter - So like... Why do people still live when I HS them? What happened to that story book idea? I think I just forgot where the topic was posted ><.

Nate - I got your back chimp... These darn dragons are tricky.

Kitty15 - Your writing and editing powers are unmatched by anyone in your age group. I love green things too :)

Incandescence - I don't know what to think about you... Other than you're a great poet and deserve the credit more often than not. Keep writing.

Siegfried/Elizabeth - How can I NOT notice a YWS couple? Have a great Christmas. SHOUT OUT SHOUT OUT SHOUT OUT. :P.

Conclusion:

May this community never falter. I cant wait to read YWS Literary Journal :)

Peace out.
~Reyu
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:17 pm
Dream Deep says...

To all my pals and all my inspirations, to the ones who will someday have novels dedicated to them; to Suz for keeping me going, to Cal for making my fiction musical, to Sam for the wonderful crits and to Jig for making me consistently jealous; to Bob, Gummy and Brad for dazzling me with their poetry; to Kay for all the lemon cake and for it never being too late at night to talk; to Dono and Crys for being there; to Mythago for the Killer Penguins; to Ari for all her grace; to Wigs for the cheer; to all the fans of all my stories, old and new, who keep me writing; to all the mods and admins, for keeping order being kind, I'd like to echo the unsurpassable Crys and say I love you. The lot of you. Without you guys, I'd still be writing Cherryh-esque sci-fi that sags continuously around the same five themes and characters (and sans any notion of just how terrible it was).

A special shout-out to the Danijeloslavian Terror of the North - Trotsky, if Trotsky was Croatian and good-looking. <3

And last but certainly not least... Whenever I sit down to write, be it short story or poem or Chair or what have you, I have an angel on one shoulder and an Imp on the other. Though sometimes their job descriptions mingle and they find themselves fufilling the same requirements, for the Imp is as much an angel as the angel herself. There has not been a story or poem for the past two years which I have written without simultaneously heading to the Imp on my shoulder for counsel. And I owe her endlessly: for teaching me how to dodge, for demonstrating through example how to think out what I'm saying before I say it, for the invaluable critiques and for dispensing the very best advice one might give on Russian figure skaters, fencing and God. Spasiba, my friend.

Hugs and snugs to my brother, Ivan Gregoryavich Polenin / Prosithion, who gets all of the inside jokes whether they make sense or not.

And because it just wouldn't be a yearbook without it:

"Livny looked over at him and smiled, lolling in his chair. “You. Got. Thinner,” he announced from nowhere. “How’s the wife?” ...

I would advise that you read, any day:

Babushka by Poor Imp
the nine lives of allen grey by smaur
Black Water by Suzanne
For you, I'll speak French by backgroundbob
Dixby's Home for Special Cases by Sam
Honor, Chivalrie, and Gentilesse by Caligula's Launderette

These are just a few of many, many pieces of writing that do this site proud.

. . .

More to follow. ^_^
Last edited by Dream Deep on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 pm
TNCowgirl says...

My slot :D

Ok, so to everyone who has been in the Storybooks with me. Helped me with posts and such. Also Dono for putting up with all my questions wither they were stupid or not.

I'll add more as I think of it.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:14 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Well, I've been a member on the site for just over a year now. And I haven't once regretted joining. I've been lucky enough to experience a 16th birthday (mine!), NaNoWriMo, the great War of the Dragons and Monkeys, and, of course, YWS' third birthday. One of the things I love most about YWS is that nobody judges you. You can post any problem (in the blogs especially) and, instead of being criticised for your fears and worries as I would get on other sites, or at school, people try to help. Everyone is generally so warm and welcoming. All this contributes to a great, community (almost family, I would say) atmosphere.

Shout Outs:

First, to Nate, of course. I mean, where would we be without him? (Well, probably outside being fit and healthy, instead of shut up indoors, but I'm happy!) So, yeah, a big thanks to Nate for all he does for us.

Twitters - You're always so level-headed and considerate; your steady advice has helped a good few of us over the past few years.

Sumi - You always manage to bring a smile to my face, whether I'm in the throes of a teenage tantrum or otherwise - the internet would be so much more boring without your blog to take a look at when I log on!

Alainna - You're a very easy and understanding person to talk to. A good person to talk to in times of... well, not crisis, but whenever I'm upset, or annoyed. It's nice to have someone to rant to/chat about randomness.

Razorblade - [s]Cactusses[/s] I mean, cacti. 'Nuff said!

Well, those are the main names I can think of off the top of my head... But Matt (Bellamy), Heather, little tin fish, Sureal (always a source of amusement and interest in the debate forums) and Vernon all deserve a mention too! And of course, all the Mods. We'd be in a permanent state of chaos if it weren't for you. And I can't forget the Admins, either. You all work so hard!

Well, thanks for a great year, YWS! Here's to the next three!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:27 pm
Prokaryote says...

GROUP HUG EVERYBODY

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:20 pm
little.angelfire says...

...I hate new years...It means I'm gonna die soon...

Happy 2008 everyone!!!

..*wonders where the 1900's went....*

Love all of you in chat!!!

Flem, We're going to MOA sometime! You're gonna get that shark for me ^.^

--meow
Climb inside my belly button beanbag plastic world!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:58 pm
Rydia says...

*Getting there...*

Dear YWS,

I haven't been here a year yet. I don't really feel that my posting here is justified but you've all made me feel so welcome and I love this site so much. I hope that I'll grow old here. I've loved writing with you all in the storybooks, playing chess with a few, reading your lovely comments on my writings and blog and reading and editing your brilliant stories and poems. I look forward to many more years on the site and here's my first few shout outs...

Reyu - You're such a great person! Your blog entries always hold a little gem of knowledge and you're a brilliant writer. I envy your strength and this site wouldn't be the same without you.

Alainna - You always know the right thing to say. You make me smile when I'm down and you're one of the first people I really got to know on here.

Nate - This one's obvious. You fix all our problems, you created this site in the first place, you put up with me calling into the radio show and you're just such a brilliant person.

Twit - You always say such lovely, encouraging things. Where would I be without you?

Suzie - Do I even need to say how much I love you? You're always there when I need you, you're one of the best writers I know and you're on your way to fame and fortune. Remember me when you reach the top?

Dono - You're an inspiration, my friend. The storybooks wouldn't be anywhere near as good without you and I'm forever in your debt just for that. Then you're kind and helpful too? You're a great guy, Hunter.

TNcowgirl - Storybooks would not be the same without you, dear and you always have such lovely characters though none could ever be as lovely as you =)

Cpt. Smurf - A big shout out to an extremely helpful member and fellow Whovian!

Timea - Ah, we haven't talked in ages, I miss you, dear! I really must find the time to get on the chat more. Remember when we traded names? Yours is just so pretty, I wish I could keep it forever!

Jabber - What needs to be said to such a wonderful person? Love and huggles! I love reading your stories and I miss talking to you in chat. Long live Finding Atlantis!

Penguin - I love you so much, dear! You've been ever so kind to me and talking to you is so lovely! You're a brilliant person and don't you ever forget it. *Big hugs!*

Areida - Beautiful user-name, hun. One of my favourites on this site. A lovely name for a lovely person =) You're a talented writer and your critiques are always so helpful. I am glad we had the opportunity to meet.

Sokool - You're way kool Madam Kool. So much kooler than cool! Lol. What would I do without you, Sarah? You've kept me company, especially these last few weeks and for that I'll always be grateful. Thank you for friendship and Mercenary Wings...

Nutty - The CRA would not be the same without you! Stay crazy and keep in touch.

little tin fish - I just noticed you're not on my friends list, perhaps we can correct that? Thank you for all the help with my personal statement and for all the advice you give me. You're so kind and helpful. Thank you.

RED - Love you Caitlin! I haven't seen you much lately but you'll always have a place in my yearbook and a place in my heart. Thank you for some very fun conversations!

Crysi - I do not know you well admittedly but you're always so helpful and you're brilliant as both a writer and a critiquer. I hope the next year is kinder to you than this one has been.

Poltergiest - I miss you. And I promise that I will finish reviewing your unknown story one day.

Misty - A very intelligent young woman and I wish you the best of luck with your publication. Your writing is wonderful and your critiques so in depth and helpful! Oh and thank you for old times on TYWC before I knew you and before you knew me.

Meshugenah - You're a great admin dear and it's been brilliant talking to you in chat and getting to know you. Thank you for all the times you've helped me and for all you've done for the site. Have a good year.

Lindsay - You're a great girl and I've really enjoyed talking with you in chat and storybooking with you. I can't wait to repeat the experience =)

Firestalker - Storybooks with you were very fun. Why haven't you been on lately? Do you know how unbelivably flattering it is for someone to ask if they can base a character on you? Thank you for fun and friendship.

Max - Yes, that is the name I shall use =) Talking with you is always such a delight and you're going to go very far my dear! You have such a lovely personality! Thank you for company late into the night.

Firestarter - Jack, what would we do without you? Thank you for all you do to help the site and all its members. I look forward to talking more next year.

Sohini - Lovely photographs dear and some beautiful poetry. Keep up the good work next year!

Cade - Where would my campaigns be without you? Thanks for all your help! And your poetry is simply amazing. You're very talented, dear.

Via - Another of my little helpers. Thank you! And your work was simply a pleasure to critique. Your writing is so beautiful, so intricate. Have a wonderful year, Via!

Gyrfalcon - You're a wonderful writer, a great moderator and an amazing person. I am proud to be acquainted with you.

Surreal - Your comments amuse me often. I would love to know you better and perhaps next year we'll talk more.

Gadi - I've found your company very pleasant. Have a good year.

fishr - What would we do without our history buff? We've had some fun conversation and I'll always be willing to answer your questions if you will answer mine. The batteries have arrived and I shall try to make sure your photo is with you by tomorrow.

Griffinkeeper - It's been nice talking to you and don't worry, I never mistook you for a girl like some :wink: You work hard, you're friendly and I hope you have a splendid year.

Swottielottie - You're simply lovely dear! Have a great year Charlotte. I hope that one day we can meet.

Loose - I don't think I've talked to you often but you seem like a wonderfully random person and you keep my penguin happy! Have a lovely year, Loose.

Alice - I love you hun and you're too hard on yourself. Partnering you in storybooks is ever so much fun and I may not be willing to give your characters perfect relationships but I wish you every happiness in love, life and writing.

Kylan - I've not known you long but you're a great person. Your reviews are lovely and you're always ever so helpful. I look forward to getting to know you more next year =)

Aet - Talking to you in chat is always great. Have a brilliant year!

Mattster - You're fun, random and an essential member of the CRA team. Thank you for much fun!

Adam - What would I do without the captain of the YWS Highwind? Thank you so much for welcoming me to the group. You're a great role player, Adam and a very friendly person. I'm delighted to have met you.

Writer_chick_13 - I had to look up your user-name, Bella dear. I couldn't quite recall the number I'm afraid. I love your posts in CRA and Harry Potter. You're a brilliant storybooker and you've made me feel ever so welcome!

Rick - Ah, you certainly deserve a mention just for being part of the CRA. I haven't got to know you as much as I'd like but perhaps that will change next year.

To the CRA in general - Thank you. I look forward to many future adventures with each and every one of you.

Mariah - As if you'll read this. You're much too busy for anything like that! I don't know how you have the time to keep Velociteen running and then flit across to here as well. Keep in touch over Christmas and I might just send you the link for this tonight. My warmest wishes for next year.

Jasmine Hart - Thank you for joining, it means a lot to me to have you here at my side. We've had some fun haven't we? You've been there for me for so long now. It feels like a life-time. I've spent so many nights pouring over your mails, your posts. Laughing and smiling and I hope that I've been able to help you once or twice. I love your poems, I miss Tori and yes I did just say that! I wish you the best of luck in the next year and I promise there will be no more delayed mail, no more delayed posts and together we will keep TYWC alive. Thank you my dear.

LAF - An absolute angel my dear ;) Talking to you is great and you're always so friendly and encouraging. Have a good year.

Maybe - Hello dear. You always create such interesting characters in the storybooks and you really are a fantastic person. Have a lovely year.

She Writes - You've been really helpful Courtney and talking to you has been very pleasant. You take care okay and have a wonderful year.

Vernon and Elizabeth - A big shout out to the both of you and I hope you have a wonderful year!

Connor - Listen to what mummy and daddy say. Have a nice year.

Gwen - We've talked a few times and you're such a lovely person! I'm proud to be your friend =)

Xyberangel - Where to start? I love you buddy! Thank you for choosing me as your mentor and thank you for choosing me as your friend. If you ever need anything at all, you know where I am.

Vimesypumpkin - We only met recently but I already know that we're going to be great friends. We have a lot in common (man have you got good taste in books! Hehe) and you're very friendly. It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to spending the next year getting to know you.

Trident - Thank you. Thank you for the contests, for all your help with this site and for your friendship.

And very quickly (will probably add in details and more names later) I'd like to send a shout out to Rieda, AyumiGosu, Ayra, Amelia, MadHatter, Jennafina, Sasquash, Azila, SPEW and I've probably missed loads but don't worry, I'll edit when I'm more awake.
Last edited by Rydia on Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:07 am
Ego says...

This is gonna be a long one...I can feel it. Starting time: 12/10/07, 3:20pm

Down the list--lets see if you can figure out which list.

Snoink: Publish FREAK. It'll prove that it's possible. If one of the most prominent YWS members can do it, why not the rest of us? It's not about you anymore...it'll be a success for all of us.

Jacko: Amazing that I got to meet you man. I feel honored to have been in your presence. Come back to us soon.

Suzanne: I've only really gotten to know you this year...and I'm glad I did. :)

Princess Ari: Again, we didn't talk a whole lot before this year. I've known you for a long time, but we never really talked. I'm glad I conned you into Necropolis...your posts are amazing.

Crysi: Thank you. This year as with all the years prior that I've known you, you've been amazing to me.

Nate: We all owe you so much. Thank you, my friend.

Poor Imp: Out of all the people I've gotten to know this year, I know the least about you--but you know me so well. Your advice in everything has been amazing.

Grif: We may not always agree, but you have my respect and my friendship--a pleasure meeting you in person, dude.

Dreamy: Your ability to put your friends before all else astounds me. I still have your letter on my fridge. ^^

Kitty: You're a storybook FIEND.

Vernon: Your continued improvement is evident in everything you do. Keep it up, man.

Brad: You are perhaps the most respected poet and poet critic around. Truly glad to have you on the site and as a friend.

Bekah: I told a lot of trash and make a lot of short jokes, but it's 100% affection.

Dan: Did I miss you? *inserts* Your posts are awesome, dude--but life is first, yeah?

Jenna: Your writing is awesome. Thank you for standing by me in JiN and GT...you're one of the people that keeps me going.

Adam: Your progression through the ranks is completely deserved. You're a great guy and a good mod. Keep it up.

DQ: You're not around much anymore...but this place will always be your home. You just have to remind people that you lived here first.

Fand: What's to say? Thank you for everything.

TNcowgirl: I have no idea how you manage to keep all your storybooks straight. Its inhuman.

Saint: Only just recently gotten to talking to you...heck, only just realized that you were, in fact, a girl. Glad I did.

Rieda: Awesome storybooking with you--and the chat room is always a pleasure. ^^

Linds: You're far too good for my ego. ...Thank you.

Aet: You're a crazy kid--but very cool.

Dreamer: It took a rather intense argument for me to see how cool you are. sometimes good come from the even the most bitter of disagreements.

Penguin: Your continued chipper attitude and late night (for me) chats are without equal.

Reyu: Rock on brother.

Rickage: You're a cool cat, man. Took a few bans, but it looks like you've found your place at YWS.

Darklight: Critique more. You're amazing at it.

Jabber: I'm not sure when we became friends, to be honest. Evolving friendships FTW.

Mattster: Chat room buddy, you're awesome.

LAF: More forum posts, less chatroom chatter. :P

Reakeda: You might be the only person that I let talk trash about me to my face. It scares me a little.

Kit: You're amazing. A truly great friend.

Of course...I've forgotten people. Will edit. Thank you all so, so much. You enrich my life for like...six hours a day. Every day.

--Hunter

Finishing Time: 4:08pm that same day.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:37 am
Kylan says...

So...this April will mark my one year membership anniversary. And, geez, a lot of stuff has happened since then! YWS is an incredible writing community and functions only because everyone is so eager to help one another out with their literary achievements. Mods, I don't what we'd do - I'd do - without you. All of you have helped me grow both in maturity and in my writing. Same with the other members of YWS. My writing would not be half of what it is today without you guys.

Best story: The Descent of Ophiuchus, [1] By Incan
Honorable Mentions: -- St. Razor's NaNo
-- Scotty's Duty Calls
-- Suzanne's NaNo

Best Contest: Trident's Three Pronged Contest (v.1)

Best Poem: gadi's Red Honey

Best Storybook: Lord Of The Flies

Shoutouts:

Suzanne/Clau: It's been extremely fun getting to know you. You're helpful, wise, pragmatic, artistic, and, above all, you know how to craft a good story.

Hunter: What can I say, you're an idol of mine. I hope one of these days, I can be as knowledgable as you in the goings on of the underground. :wink:

Jabber: You stayed with me on "Honor", even though I didn't always nessecarily return the favor. Great person, even better writer.

Scotty.knows: Keep up the good work, my man. You've a lot of potential.

Nate: Like Oprah, you're an in-spear-A-shun!

Current project: Honor (60 typed pages, 39,000 words)

Favorite project: The Oil Fields Are Burning

Anyways, all of you guys are great. I hope YWS lives forever.

Vive la YWS!

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

To answer before listening—that is folly and shame.
— Proverbs 18:13