"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:34 am
starrynight89 says...

Oh, I haven't signed this but it's already 2008! Eek!

Oh well.

Personally, Yws is an escape from everything. Not a day goes by when I don't come to this website, even if I don't sign in. It's sort of weird to explain but whenever I'm in chat or browsing through stories, it never ceases to amaze me how much people here love to write! Given, it is a site dedicated to young writers, but still. Before finding this website, I never had an outlet for my stories. Sure I'd write them down in my journal but I couldn't talk to anyone about it. Friends at school weren't exactly artsy (*can't think of a better word at the moment*) and apart from writing, neither am I. But, when I write it's just..overwhelmingly gratifying in a way I can't even put down on paper. Whenever I read about different authors and their struggle to get published or writers blocks, it's just wonderful to see how much people are willing to endure to fulfill their dreams. Ok, that was cheesy...Anyways, thanks to Yws, which has sort of become a safe haven and has only been feeding my internet addiction!

Thank you too all my chat buddies, It feels to so good to log in and have someone say: 'Hello starry' or 'how are you doing today?' because honestly, I don't get that a lot!

So, here's to another great year at Yws, full of unforgettable memories and wonderful writings.

Hope all your publishing dreams come true ;)

Cheers,

--starry
“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:19 am
Azila says...

Ahh... a new year. I would like to say that I feel as though a major landmark has been breached, a hurtle triumphed, a new state of mind won --but I feel none of those things. To me, it is just another meaningless mark on the endless calender. To me, I feel more satisfaction when the first flower blooms in spring, or the first snowfall in winter than when a date that was randomly made New Years comes 'round. But then again, it does feel nice to wish people a happy, healthy, fortunate 2008. :lol:

Shout-outs (random order):

Canislupis: My dear friend for forever. You are inspirational and insightful and I am overjoyed that we can keep in touch so effectively... Clementines are still the best. :P

Ayra: Where would I be without you? Reviewing EVERYTHING in my portfolio? You are from heaven, my friend. Not to mention an inspirational writer and an amazingly helpful critiquer.

Misty: You have been such a help to me, and so encouraging when I was just a newbie. If you still come on here at all, I doubt you'll read this, but it's worth a shot.

Sumi: Wait... which one's you?

Sokool15: You were one of the people who reviewed my first few pieces... thank you for that, you gave me such a wonderful (and completely true) impression of the YWS... even if I didn't know you name until a few weeks ago. :P

Lady Pirate: Thank you for your wonderful comments and your warm welcome.

Gadi: Do you enjoy knives?!

Gwenevire: I remember when you were fresh to the site... and then, within seconds, you were Featured Member! It was amazing.

Nehad.Salah.Maaty:
HOPE TO REMAIN TRUE GOOD FRIENDS FOREVER :D AND HOPE THAT YOU LIKE MY STORIES TOO ^^
:wink:

Plus-One: You are a very talented writer and a very helpful reviewer. Thank you for inspiration and help.

Pawprint: My little man still hasn't run out of oil. *swishes scarf dramatically*

... and Jasmine Hart, Fireweed, Rimewind, Loose, alleycat13, Polkadots, Sam, M.B. Author, TheRainFalls, cat4prowl, mizz-iceberg, Goldenheart, comethingcreative, spiritblackwolf2705, just_intoxicated03, thewonderworldofnight, Prokaryote, Jen1234, enjeru, blacktiger3915, 1dering at stars, Kitty15, Suzanne, Kylan, Kyte, starrynight89, Fangala the Flying Feline, Fantasyartist... and everyone else.

YWS is such a cool place. Congratulations, Nate, for such an amazing community.

Got YWS?

~Azila~

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:16 am
Kazdrea says...

Phew! I was worried I would be too late!

I joined here quite recently, and let me just say that this is a wonderfully supportive den of talent! My long-term work, Kazdrea: Dawn of the Dragon's Secret, is at last in its final stage, and I look forward to continuing to share it with you lot!

*surprised scream* Aaaaah, NaNo!
— spottedpebble