z

Young Writers Society

The YWS Yearbook '07

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:19 am
Geek says...

I want to thank everyone here. They have helped me a lot, when I first joined. I wanted to write, was really ambitious. This place has helped me become a better writer.

thanks to all of you who helped me.

And thanks for having this kind of place where we can show others our work.
What is there to do when all else fails?

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:45 am
Joeducktape says...

Well I could post a long, drawn out love not to everyone on here, but I'll keep it short and sweet.

You guys are all wonderful, and I'll never remember all the names I want to put here, so I won't. Keep writing, keep inspiring me, keep being unique and beautiful, keep making me smile, keep encouraging, keep trying, keep up the good work.

Love,

Haley
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

Reviews: 4
Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:28 am
Kaistofel says...

alright,..........i confess i have an obligation to YWS and so i'm going to sign this here yearbook. though i joined only a week or less ago. this, my friends (can i call you that? i hope so) is going to be short.
so far- much gratitude to the almighty webmaster Nate for this......this.......place (what? i dont want to make an understatement), alright...this heavenly society ;) and to Palantalid for inviting me here. also, a shoutout to whoever i've come accross or befriended (this Big Brother fellow sounds sinister, even though he's in the friends list).
phew.....glad i got it out.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:38 pm
tinny says...

Wheee, it's the new years! I joined YWS what, nearly two years ago now?

Sumi: What sound does a raven make when it tries to steal bacon from a baby but fails and is then brutally attacked by the said baby? XD You always make me smile with your off the wall humour, and nothing beats a good fangirlish rave about blondes and uni-bangs. I promise that I'll read Geezer's Property!

Myth: Where would I be without the critiquing machine? You were the first friend I made on YWS, and there will always be a space for you in Tinny-land. I look forward to seeing you get published, I'm certain of it.

Meep: How you put up with all my questions I'll never know, you must have the patience of a saint XD I truely appreciate it all, and the infomation is proving more than useful ^^

Kitty15: You are terribly funky indeed! Heather, you're so wonderfully nice, it's impossible not to like you XD

And now I shall stop becuase my head hurts.
Last edited by tinny on Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:26 pm
deleted6 says...

Oh well 2008 but still shall post.

Elizabeth: I love you more than anything and wish but know the time coming closer when we'll be together. *huggles* You're perfection. 2008 shall be our year.

Nicole: I know you since I was born and wish you all the best in finding love in whatever form. Maybe it even be who you want ;). Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lauren: You've been a great friend and when others doubted me you were their. You deserve to have someone and so hope this time will come soon.

Elsie: I hope you find the girl and hope that it flourishes. You're a great friend and just want you too have someone. Anyway Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Laura: Good luck on getting out America like you want too. Also good luck finding a boyfriend.

Sydney: You really were the one who pushed me on with Chasing Rainbows for that I'm so grateful. Hope you have a great Christmas :).

Adam: You've a great story with huge potential I'll buy it when you get it published and you will. I go as far to say you're better than Rowling.

Samby: You've a good heart, but don't let small things worry you dear. Pete loves you and I'm sure you guys be together forever. Just stay strong and remain postive. :)
,To everyone on my mypsace heh. I hope you have a great Christmas and get everything you want. Shout outs:

Rieda: I hope you find some Scottish boy you can fall for and love their accent more :P. Also thanks for continually reading Chasing Rainbows.

Linds: I'm so happy for you Rick you deserve a love that special wish you all the best when time comes of meeting.

Rick: You too, and thanks for supporting my mission, not many did. It was good you did.

Dono: You're a great writer in storybooks and a great person. Stay strong and don't let life bring you down dude!

Nutty: You're a great person to talk too, but I sometimes get lost in your hyper activeness. Thanks for reading Chasing Rainbows.

Jack: Not seen you for yonks, but hope life treating you well. I remember many a good convo from ya. I hope we could see some more of ya on yws. :)

Charlie: I started you off on storybooks and you took them like a much needed drug (bad simile). You're great to talk to and also support my mission.

ofour: You don't come on much anymore, but I remember our first impression wasn't impressive, but you turned out to be a great critiquer and actively helped on site.

Andy: We've both changed quite alot since our first meeting you now know to keep games separate from books. Which is very admirable. Hope you get published.

Jono: You're hilarious no question about it, but you know when to be funny. You're very out-spoken and frequent debate forum. Arguing your case with such ardour.

Jabber: Just fun to talk to, also reviewed a chapter of Chasing Rainbows.

Mabel: You've improved much in your storybook writing and glad I helped you there so now your post no longer so short. :)

Emily (BlackDove) I'm happy for you and Scot and glad I call you wee sis not blood of course but you are like that.

MATTSTER: WHAT CAN I SAY? You just are so funny lmao.

Mat: One of the few of us published, and wish you all the best in managing again.

Kit: You and Matt belong, I hope when you sort out your life you'll realize this.

Aet: A Mod on NPT and going to become a more active member. You're also quite funny.

Pal: You've such a unique writing style and i envy it. You're great asset to storybooks and only hope this year brings you on more.

I can't think of anyone else. Sorry if I missed you but to all people who helped me and nurtured me thanks to all reviewed Chasing Rainbows doubly thanks.

THANK YOU YWS!
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:05 pm
Meep says...

Oh, dear. I'm pretty sure I haven't signed this yet. (Nothing like leaving stuff 'til the last minute, ne?)

Uhm. I really don't have anything to add, except: go check out the Buddy System! (We don't bite.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:09 pm
dragnet says...

Just lovein' this website! Hope it runs and is very succesful and inspires many more wtiters like us for many more years!!!:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many ask me if I see the glass as half full or half empty. Well, I don't know about you, but I see the glass as, WHO DRANK HALF OF MY MILK?!?!?!

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:05 am
Tamora says...

What can I say? this website has been a god-send!! It gives me an outlet for all my crazy ravings, as well as some of the more normal ones. So yeah!!!

So...Shout outs, well I'll only have a few as I don't get out much but here goes...

First to Nutty - You got me onto this site and for that I am forever grateful. you gave me inspiration and talking to you always gave me a laugh, thanks.

Second to Gladius - You've been great! You've given me support and your writing has really helped me with mine. Thanks for everything.

Lastly to Benny - i got you onto here so milk it for all it's worth. Your writing is worth it, and the more you develop it, the better you'll get, so keep going!

Hi to everyone else who's helped me this year, and congrats to all who have made it to this point, well done!!! Keep writing and have a great year in 2008!
It is an established fact that, despite everything society can do, girls of seven are magnetically attracted to the colour pink.
- Terry Pratchett, "Monstrous Regiment"

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:26 am
cynicalgurl says...

I don't know if I'm qualified to post here or not, but if I'm not, I'm sure someone will tell me so I can get rid of it.

So shout outs to PenguinAttack, Loose (sorry about the nick name thing), Sureal, Kitty 15, Rea, Reida, and Derek_Fantasy. Thanks for all the help.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:51 am
the morrow says...

Prokaryote wrote:GROUP HUG EVERYBODY

**contributes to group hug**
t h e m o r r o w
there is no gene for the human spirit

>>Online Writing Contest for Charity: Please Respond
[http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic32589.html]<<

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm
happybees says...

I just joined today!! Lol, Hi everyone! :lol:

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:15 pm
Monki says...

Starting time : 2:24 PM on January 2nd, 2008.

So, here's my list of loves that I wish to remember forever:
SeraphTree : Seraph, you were one of my first friends. And girl, I love you to death!!! Lol. We talk all the time. I tell you pretty much everything. So, thank you for being there for me. Not only with my writing, but with life too. You've become the older sister that I never had. <3
Gladius : Awesome freakin' person right here. The first newbie that I got to torture-I mean 'help'. Lol. That was an honor. Oh, and thanks for giving me a shout out here too.
Lindsaroo : You were my first friend here. And for that, I love you!!! Lol. I know, a little weird, but deal with it! :)
PenguinAttack : My second friend on YWS. You, along with everyone else, hold a special place right here. *points to heart* <3
little.angelfire : Laf. Oh, Laf. Not only do we chat a lot in the chatroom thing-a-ma-bobber, but you made me feel better through the tough times that I was having. You and a lot of other people in the chat. So, thanks. :)
Gwenevire : Both you and Ayra are so awesome! Not only do you two remind me of me and my (ex)-best friend, but you are a great writer and I enjoy reading your writing.
Reakeda : Hey Rea! We haven't talked in like... forever, but I just wanted to say, thanks for being my friend.
scotty.knows : Okay, I know we haven't talked for a really long time! But, again, thank you for being my friend too.
Aet Lindling : Nice avatar first of all. THE SIMPSONS MOVIE ROCKS! Lol. And secondly, thank you for being my friend/critiquer/everything else that you are.
Ayra : As with Gwen, you are awesome! Not only do you and Gwen remind me of my (ex)-best friend and me, but you too are an awesome writer and I enjoy talking to you guys and reading your writing. ;)
Saint Razorblade : Wow. I have so much to say to you and so little time. Well, I guess I could start by saying that you were pretty much the first person to critique my work. Right off the bat I knew that I liked you! You were so cool, a person that I could look up to, even though we're like... the same age. Lol. You've helped me grow with my writing and that's really awesome of you. So thanks Razor. <3
Porcelain : OMG. We haven't talked in forever P.! But, anyways, you are one of the people who critiques my work all the time, even when I don't have the time to critique yours. And for that, I thank you. :)
fairy_twinkletoes_13 : Remember when we had trouble sending eachother friend requests? Lol. That was sort of funny now that I think about it. :p It sucks that we don't really talk anymore, but I'll PM you after I'm done with this. So, thank you for being my friend!
ShadowDarknessB : So much to say about you. Probably more than anyone. Let's see. You were my first best friend, first boyfriend. Lol. Thank Hayden. Just... thanks. <3
FireArris : Although Monki felt left out from your shout out thing, I decided to include ALL of my friends, and you are in fact one of them. So, there. Here's your shout out. *Hands you shout out*
Insomnia : I remember the first time that I read one of your works. I thought it was the greatest thing! Lol. You're an awesome writer Insom. And a good friend too.
Via : At first, I really didn't think that I liked you Via. But, I learned to like you. You even put up with my annoying little sister for a few days until kicking her off (thank you for that too). So, thank you!
Prokaryote : Another one of my first friends. Thanks for not slaying this old newbie when you had the chance. ;)
chocoholic : As with Via, I thought you were a little harsh. But I realized that if you aren't harsh with people, they're never going to make it in the publishing/writing world. So thanks for being like that choc.
my_wonderwall : Hey, random guestbook signer. I think that's how we met anyways. Lol. I have a lot of friends, okay. Sorry, if I get some of you mixed up. Thanks for being my friend and wishing me a Happy New Year and just making me happy by signing my lonely guest book once in a while. :)
roxythekiller : Awesome critiquer, writer, and friend. Thanks for being there for me Roxy--even if I don't need you to be. Lol.
Kylan : I think we met in the chat. If not, it was the forumns. But thanks for giving this newbie a chance. ;)
Audy : Like I said to Kylan, thank you for giving me a chance. I know I was a total newb.
Maybe : Chatroom extraordinare (sp?)! Lol. And awesome writer, critiquer, and friend. :) <3
PerforatedxHearts : My latest friend, but not too late. Lol. Your ramblings make me remember that I need to get up off my lazy butt and write. So thanks. (Awesome writer if I do say so myself. And an awesome new friend.)

I just wanted to be able to say that I contributed to the YWS Yearbook of 07'. :) And I want to say that I luffles all of my friendsies and thank you to Nate for creating this awesome site that we have today. Without this site, I would've quit trying to write a long, long time ago. And I wouldn't be writing the book that I am writing today, called {Copy&Paste}. So, thank you and I love you guys!

~Monki

Ending Time : 2:55 PM on January 2nd, 2008.
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 pm
enjeru says...

um...I haven't been on here all that long, but thanks to all the people who have been and are helping me on my project (Blood Moon)!!! Let it be known that you are loved!!!!

~enjeru (angel)
"To look into the eyes of a wolf is to see your own soul."

-Aldo Leopold

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:31 am
roxythekiller says...

I'm not sure what to say, but WOO it's a new year!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone gave me when joined last year, and special thanks to Gwenevire, Buddadancer, sokool15, Loose, DesperateRomantic, SASSYLADY333, and Flemzo (who wrote me those awesome long crits!) for reading my story.
It means a lot to me.
Other than that, wooooooooo 2008!!!

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 am
Black Ghost says...

Words cannot describe how much this site means to me. It has helped me grow immeasurably as a writer and has allowed me to meet some extraordinary people as well. Having been here for well over a year makes me truly appreciate what this site has and will continue to accomplish. I really love all you guys and hope the Young Writers Society continues into 2008 and for several new years to come. :D

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
— Nelson Mandela