z

Young Writers Society

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:00 pm
ElectricOceans says...

Would any of you happen to know where I'd be able to get hold of avatars? I've tried using Google and even DeviantArt but I haven't had much luck finding anything I like. :(

I've even looked on LiveJournal but its always such an effort to search through blog after blog pinching other peoples avatars! :cry:

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:00 pm
snap says...

Ask.com has a special option to search for avatar-sized pictures. And they're usually pretty good results. That's what I tend to use. :) Good luck. ;)
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:55 pm
Leja says...

iconator.com ftw! :D

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:34 pm
Lancrist says...

For my avatars I look at artwork, find an appropriate picture, cut out the bit I like and make an avatar out of it. The one I'm using now is just such an avatar.
"Death will not make my end."

Reviews: 0
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 am
View Likes
Lunatic says...

I use photobucket. :) I love my avatar. Twilight rules!

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:57 pm
Alainna says...

Easy to find what you're looking for!

Alainna
xx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:56 pm
logosgal says...

My current avatar is from the YWS avatar gallery. I'm thinking of changing it, though...
Home is where the books are.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:40 pm
MadHatter says...

I use google...but be careful about that. You could take something copyrighted and then get fined...not that I would know
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:28 am
AWritersFantasy says...

snap wrote:Ask.com has a special option to search for avatar-sized pictures. And they're usually pretty good results. That's what I tend to use. :) Good luck. ;)

You forgot the fact that I made your icon, Snap!

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:31 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I made my icon. >.> Although in the case of this one, I did a search at Photobucket and ended up finding this picture. I cropped it and then added the text.

There are lots of Livejournal communities dedicated to icons...depending on what you're looking for. If you want movie icons, there's 100x100movies...and this is tooting my own horn sort of, but there's also my community, Jedi Graphics where I post my icons. I MIGHT have some of the writing related ones that I made there...but mostly it's Star Wars, Ever After...maybe a few others.

If you go to my profile on LJ (here you should be able to tell for the most part which communities I'm a member of that are icon related.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:28 am
Gladius says...

So far I've just taken a couple pics I have on my computer and resized them on Photodelux as necessary to make them fit the avatar size. ^_^ Though I've only really been satisfied with my current one so far ^_^;
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:59 pm
onceuponatim3xo says...

I agree with Lunatic,

www.Photobucket.com is awesome!!!
It is better to travel well than to arrive.
-Buddha

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf