z

Young Writers Society

I don’t want to wait

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:47 am
localcreation says...

A lot has been on my mind lately and I feel as though I really have no one but Jess that I can talk to about it. We just had a very good conversation about it and I think I'm going to rant about it on here to get some of it off my mind. I was always taught to never fear my dreams but "never" is somewhat of a promise and I can't afford to lie to myself. This life that I live has me thinking a lot lately. My loves, fears, friendships, family and so on. The dreams that I previously mentioned is basically college and my life after. Money issues, mainly. I want to be able to support myself without having to scrape by with the little that I will most likely have. I have been seriously thinking a lot about work lately. I want to be able to have money saved away for food, clothing, and the such. I don't want to have to lean on anyone but myself for money. I've always been an independent kind of person and thinking about life after college has me slightly worried. I've been thinking about taking up a job or two this summer. Maybe I'll work for voices to further my writing career and then work at a fast food place or Wal*Mart maybe. I know that they've been trying to contact me for some time now. I am willing to give up a summer or two for work. At this point, as I see it, I have plenty of summers ahead to have fun and vacation if I decide to go after my dream of writing and photography. But, first I would like to be financially secure. I don't want to have to scrape by to buy food, for a place to live, for living in general. My mom has always been up and down in her life with money and I want to further my education and live a full life without having to worry about when my next paycheck will cross that counter and slip into my hands.

I understand that I am only 17 and that I have my whole life to worry about money issues and providing for myself and my family but I don't want to wait until it's too late.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:55 am
Dream Deep says...

I think that perhaps this might be better suited as a blog entry... it doesn't exactly seem to belong here in the literary forums. In the meantime, I'll move it to the Lounge for you. ^_^

Moved.

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal