z

Young Writers Society

My play performed tonight! (pictures added!)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:51 pm
View Likes
snap says...

Congrats, Suzanne!! That sounds like SUCH an accomplishment!! I'll have to read the play! :) Let me know if/when it's on youtube, I'd love to watch! (I'm an actress, myself. :))
The beautiful part of writing is that you don't have to get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon.
~ Robert Cormier

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:09 pm
Dream Deep says...

Gah, I'm so happy for you! *hugs* No hiding under chairs, either, eh? I'm telling you, some spooked, nervous sophomore's going to come up to you yet and ask for you autograph. Success never quite strikes us in ways we would have imagined. But I think that it struck you in a way very much worth-while. ^_^ I wish I could have been there with you.

Write on, Little Miss Playwright.

:smt006

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:36 pm
Emerson says...

:-p

Dreamy, seeing as I named one of the characters after you (and she did an amazing job being you, might I add) you pretty much were there already...

Thanks everyone. :) Now the only thing bothering me is, "What am I going to write for next year?" Haha, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to want me to do this again...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:39 pm
Leja says...

Yay Suz! How awesome!

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:41 pm
Prosithion says...

Congratulaions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds awesome.

When you get it on youtube, email me, and I'll watch it!

congrats again.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:20 pm
Dream Deep says...

Suzanne wrote:Haha, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to want me to do this again...

Oh most definitely.

:razz:

2058 Reviews

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:31 pm
Emerson says...

I'm comforted by the fact that I have a year to write something. :)

I'm actually glad I did this for many other reasons. I'm getting to know the people in theater troupe, who are all incredebly nice. I'm going to join improv team, and hopefully that will give me the guts to go on stage before people, because I may audition for the spring musical.... :oops:
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:10 pm
Sam says...

*dances about*

Oh, Tillychan- that's so awesome. ^_^ One acts are the best, I do believe. Harder to write, however...

I'm glad it was amazing.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:47 pm
Wolf says...

Awesome!
That's so cool! I will so watch it when it comes out on Youtube! :D
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:54 pm
BigBadBear says...

Oh my gosh! I wish I were there! I have always wanted someone to perform my plays.

Anyway, that must have felt amazing. Especially when everyone stood up and clapped, and all you could do was beam. lol, good job!!!!!!!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:26 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

WOO! Go Suz! So.. yeah. You're basically my hero right now. Especially as we're doing student-run-and-written one-acts at school right now, and I know first-hand how insane it all is, and oh my gosh. I have to go read this, now.

Congrats, love! I can't wait to see it.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

404 Reviews

Reviews: 404
Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:40 pm
Gadi. says...

Amazing.

Wait, so tell me--did they have a competition for one act plays to perform in your school, and yours was chosen?

Was there a specific topic?

Did you write it especiallly for this?

AWESOME JOB!!! CONGRATS! X)
my world isn't only beautiful
it is so far away

2058 Reviews

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:22 am
Emerson says...

No competition. I heard they were doing student written, or considering it, and so I wrote one specifically for this. Which turned out great. Mr Meyer, the sponsor, really enjoy it and it was his first year doing student written, and he would love for me to write another one next year.

Just got back from the strike (take down the set, move it back to the drama room. -_- in the rain) and I want to cry. I love my cast, my director. Tonight was even better. Tonight was amazing. There was less of a crowd, but it was still amazing. My cast was... they make me want to cry. They got me flowers. They felt honored to be in the play that was written by a student, HECK, I felt honored to have three wonderful actresses in my play... I almost made Michelle cry, hehe.

I took pictures. ^_^

From right to left, Samantha played by Lauren, Rebeccah played by Kim, and Catherine played by Michelle. This took forever to take, because the girls kept laughing. This was an "in character" picture. (Their idea.) They had to really try hard to keep up the angry look without laughing. It was so funny... They were going, "Okay, say the last line to me before you walk off stage, then I'll look mad!" "Slap me (a part in the scene) and then pose!" I love them so much... They really, really got into character, and loved it. I'm glad my cast enjoyed the play as much as I did.

This is me with them, obviously I'm the one they're all trying to hug.. They really loved me for this. :) I loved them too. They're all amazing.

This is Lauren being a complete goof with the big flowers, and doing her "wide eye" thing. She kept doing it during practice which made everyone laugh.

And here are some pictures of my friend who were in The Pot Boiler by Alice Gerstenberg. Another amazing play.

I'm in a very "wow" moment.

This is

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:28 am
Snoink says...

This is...? ;)

So when is it going to be on youtube? :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:29 am
Via says...

Haha, very adorable Suz! Looks like a good time!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Stupidity's the deliberate cultivation of ignorance.
— William Gaddis