z

Young Writers Society

Double Posting & Double Topics

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:33 am
Via says...

Hey guys!

Recently there have been a few issues with double posting (aka posting something twice) and posting double topics (aka posting a topic that already exists....by the way, anyone who hasn't heard by now go to freerice.com).

If you accidently post your work twice, let one of the mods know and we will ditch it, or you can go into "edit" and check "delete this post" and delete it yourself if there have been no replies to it. If you post your work in the wrong category, again let one of the mods know and we will move it to the right category--but please do not post it again if you cannot delete the other one on your own. Also, if you have a story that you feel belongs in two categories, like both sci-fi and fantasy or something, please pick one to post it in--please don't post it in both of them.

To avoid posting a topic that already exists, if you think there may already be a topic for your idea then do a search of the database before posting!

The mods are always willing to help, feel free to PM any of us anytime you need help with a post!

Thanks all!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 am
Azila says...

Via wrote:(aka posting a topic that already exists....by the way, anyone who hasn't heard by now go to freerice.com).

Oh... I feel so bad now. :( I really didn't realize, my mother showed it to me and I thought it was so cool I should share it. I'm really sorry. You can delete it if you like. :oops:

~Azila~

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 am
Via says...

Haha, it's okay, it's just a general statement. Not geared towards anyone inparticular, promise ;)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:05 pm
Azila says...

Phew! *wipes brow*

I was getting worried, I thought I was in trouble. :P

~Azila~

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:20 am
Emerson says...

^_^ Yes! I am more than willing to move things!

(PS: Via, awesome on catching this!)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:46 am
Gwenevire says...

Okay! :D
I think I might have done that once when I first joined :P
I will make sure it never happens again!
Thanks for letting us know.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:12 pm
Nate says...

If you need to check to see if a topic already exists, just use the Search YWS box at the top (on the default template that is). It uses Google, and Google for some reason actually has more pages of YWS indexed than the actual number of pages in existence. So needless to say, it's quite thorough.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:35 am
MadHatter says...

Yes...I'm glad someone finally addressed this topic
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:05 am
Nate says...

Okay, which mod deleted my double post?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:56 am
Snoink says...

Nate wrote:Okay, which mod deleted my double post?

Probably Big Brother. :D

And please, do not panic if you do double post, accidentally. We won't eat you. Really. That's SPEW's job, not Big Brother's. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Knowledge is power.
— Francis Bacon