z

Young Writers Society

The offical YWS Chat Virtual Holidance!

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:52 am
Alice says...

Yes, yes, another crazy and excentric idea from the loveable Alice.

The whole idea for this is to have an extra room in the chat which is basically a virtual dance! It could last from a few hours to a day, but we need Mods to be in the room at all times (right?) so this is a thread for day suggestions, mod voulenteers, and if we get all this figured out publicly asking people to the dance!

I got the term Holidance in the chat when I was voicing the idea, my fingers were moving too fast for my mind so I typed holidance instead of "Holiday Dance, basically an RPG of a dance, of course we'd do some sort of silly contests and games, and we'd have an offical DJ finding music on youtube and putting it up for us to listen to as we RPG.

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? Ideas?
Last edited by Alice on Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
I just lost the game.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:55 am
Via says...

This is an okay idea, but what would you do in the room? There should be specific things like possibly quiz shows (like we did with the monkey v. dragon with trident, but with holiday things) and other things but you need some ideas of things to do because if it's just another room then....it's just another room and would be pointless?? Yea, makes sense haha.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

270 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:01 am
Alice says...

The point would be to kinda RPG a dance, I suppose I should've mentioned that in the origional post! *goes to edit that*
I just lost the game.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:09 am
piepiemann22 says...

Is there any real point to it though? I mean, Nate bannded seperate rooms for a reason. Even though there would be mods you never know. Also, wouldn't that just slow down the sit? I don't know. I could work, but it's not my call.

You're my friend, i just don't support it. this site was desinde for writing. do we need dancing? Just think about it. It could be fun, just trouble some.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

270 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:15 am
Alice says...

I've always thought the point of YWS was to support writers and have fun, and the point of this would be to have fun! Its sorta like the costume contest, that wasn't entirely to support writing, and like many of the articles in this form, not entirely to support writing. Just to have fun. (I think i said have fun enough times in there haven't ?)
I just lost the game.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:15 am
Via says...

I kind of have to agree with piepie. It seems that having seperate rooms in the chat causes a massive slow down (at least from my experience). The only reason I think it would be considered is if we had a holiday week, or it could have been introduced for the birthday bash...but because we are already through that and we most likely won't have a holiday week because everyone is super busy during the holidays and finding enough mods to oversee this would be difficult...I guess I just don't see it happening. I could see us possibly having an RPG week in the future, where different storybooks each get their own day and time to be in a seperate room in the chat to RP in the chat and then update the storybook, but for a random rp? It's just kind of farfetched and kind of pointless.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:21 am
Emerson says...

The only reason (and the biggest reason) that I'm against it is because it seems to be without good reason. You would be doing about the exact same thing you do in the lounge, just RPing a dance... I'm sorry, I don't see a point to it.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

270 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:23 am
Alice says...

This isn't going as well as I'd hoped, it just sounded like a cool idea, kinda like the Great YWS Gathering that kinda stopped being planned and discussed. My thought process included the fact that we already do RPG lounges (basically what I'm suggesting) which are way more random than this would be-just saying that this is already planned out and organized instead of going in and figuring it out from there.
I just lost the game.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:19 am
Crysi says...

I actually like the idea.

And it would give us a chance to celebrate our Prom King and Queen.

C'mon, mods. Lighten up. :p
Love and Light

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:35 am
Snoink says...

Hehee, it does sound fun! :D

The only qualm I would have with it is that it is the holiday season and, as such, we're all going to be slightly tied up, with finals and stuff. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:07 am
Reyu says...

I like the idea. It is a little... Odd.

*dances*
*break dances*
*does the robot*

I am already starting! Heh. I will keep my eye on this.
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:06 pm
Rydia says...

I think it's a reasonable idea though I'd suggest to make it a temporary or infrequent basis. Like, it could be hosted at christmas for a christmas ball and perhaps at one other point during the year?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:43 pm
Alteran says...

I dont think it would be fair to call it a christmas ball cause not everyone is christian. I like it, a fun social event for YWS. It could even be like the YWS Prom like Crysi said so we can celebrate the Queen and King.

I say Party!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:27 pm
Twit says...

I'm not totally sure I get what an RPG dance is, but I'm curious to find out. That is, I'd like to do it. :)
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:04 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Adam_Atlantian wrote:I dont think it would be fair to call it a christmas ball cause not everyone is christian.

I wouldn't see that as a huge problem. Even non-Christians celebrate Christmas, just for the presents and social aspects.

It sounds like a cool idea, though I'm not quite sure what an RPG dance is. But I'm sure I'll find out XD
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?"
— Albus Dumbledore