z

Young Writers Society

The offical YWS Chat Virtual Holidance!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:17 pm
Twit says...

I wouldn't see that as a huge problem. Even non-Christians celebrate Christmas, just for the presents and social aspects.

Can it be a prom dance that isn't a Christmas one, for the Christians who don't celebrate Christmas? :razz:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:33 pm
Wiggy says...

Ooo, a Christmas ball!!! *dances frantically* You guys, I. LOVE. DANCES!!!! We have to do this, we just have to!!! Planning and all that jazz...oh, I wouldn't miss it for the world!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:23 pm
Kylan says...

As Twit mentioned before, what the heck is an RPG dance?

Is it */me softshoes with Kitty*? Because that would get very old, very quickly.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 pm
Layleun says...

It sounds fun for a basic idea. So far I've seen some people who don't get it and some who are crazy about it. I'm assuming that this is a basic idea that's in the first draft. So far I like the idea. Maybe we could have it correspond with a radio show. Nate, the mods and whoever could help out could create games, quiz shows, and other things.

I think the term 'Dance' put a lot of people off. I like this idea. Talk with Nate and get his opinion, Alice. I'll keep an eye on this topic and give some suggestions as they come.

~Lupe

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:55 am
Crysi says...

Instead of thinking of it like just a dance, think of it more like a party. I'm thinking it'd work pretty much like the Tavern. You know, just a casual get-together, but instead of a non-alcoholic bar for the setting, it'd be a dance. Yes?
Love and Light

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:09 am
Emerson says...

XD I'm sorry, I'm a butt, aren't I? I just... don't see the seperate room purpose. I think it would make more sense to just hold it in the lounge....? And the idea of having "Special" things for it (quiz show, games, etc) would work...

The original idea though. Eh.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:17 am
Alice says...

That was my origional thought too Suz, but then I thought about those who really didn't want to do it, and how unfair it would be to force them to do it if they want to be in the chat, thats where the seperate room idea came in.
I just lost the game.

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:04 am
darchoco says...

PARTY!!!!! hehe

I am in total support here, but is going to take some serious planning like a real party. You will need things for people to do. Maybe the quiz show could offer critiques and points as some minor prizes, than some of the bigger ones could be like a YWS t-shirt if they mods would allow that and all that. But its going to seriously take a lot of planning.
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:02 pm
Reakeda says...

This sounds like fun. If it happens I'll be there.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:28 am
Kyuubi says...

I'm going to go with Layleun on this one. I like the idea and having Nate and the Mods come up with stuff. I'll give opinions as the ideas come in.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:40 am
Crysi says...

Suzanne wrote:XD I'm sorry, I'm a butt, aren't I? I just... don't see the seperate room purpose. I think it would make more sense to just hold it in the lounge....? And the idea of having "Special" things for it (quiz show, games, etc) would work...

The original idea though. Eh.

Yes, you are. XD

It's like during the birthday celebration, when we had the tavern RPG room. Like author13 said, we don't want to force it on everyone. It should be an optional thing. It's like when half the room is talking about some random topic the rest really don't want to talk about, you know? Or like a storybook.
Love and Light

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:20 pm
PenguinAttack says...

I think this is cute. If it happens, I shall also be there. :O Maybe even with a date. :p
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:43 pm
scotty.knows says...

Hey, I'd go to the Chatroom-ball if you did have one so long as I wasn't being abducted by aliens.

I think you should call it the "YWS Christmahanakwanzaa Ball". I got that idea from a commercial that was on last holiday season.

And I think a separate room is a good idea. You don't want to force people into anything. It'd be as audacious as turning the local grocery store into a paint-ball arena. Well... maybe not that audacious.
'Merikuh!

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 pm
Gwenevire says...

I am not so clear on this what?
Let me ask a few questions...

So we can get asked to dance and then we go to a chat room and listen to music and RPG?
Whats RPG? (sorry)

[while trapped in a bucket of popcorn] You know what the worst part is? It's not even butter. We're gonna be destroyed by... ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING!
— Blake Bradley, Power Rangers Ninja Storm