z

Young Writers Society

Inspired Writers promoting

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:37 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Disclaimer: I was given permission by Nate to post this here. So, yeah.

To those of you who don't know, Inspired Writers is a sister site of YWS! Like YWS, it's also a board for writers of all ages, though more geared toward an older group. Almost a year old, it's had its ups and downs in activity bursts, but we're attempting to change that. Some of the major features are:

-Welcoming members (of course).

-Friendly, welcoming admin.

-Sections for posting writing that are hidden from guests. This helps give those who wish to protect their writing as much as possible a way to feel secure about posting their writing on the board.

-Members who are knowledgable in various areas of writing.

Two new up and coming features:

1. December is going to be "post crazy month"! What this means is that during this month, instead of the rule of "for every piece of writing for critique you post, you must give others TWO critiques," the rule for December will be that you only need to give ONE critique.

2. While we're still working this out, we're hoping to have a possible group of six people who will be in charge of making sure every piece of writing that gets posted for critique will receive critiques that will be helpful to the author.

Plus lots more!

Interested in joining yet? Want to go check it out? The site is here! If you decide to join, register, introduce yourself, and start posting!

Now, for those of you who do not have time for yet another board to join (which I hope isn't going to be a lot of you! o.O) I have a favor to ask of you. My co-admins and I have been rather stuck as to any activities we could have on the Inspired Writers board to help get people to post more actively. This is where you come in. What I'm hoping is that you guys can think of ideas for activities we could have on the board (whether writing related (though that'd probably be preferable) or otherwise) to help boost activity. However, there are a few things you should know:

1. If you offer suggestions for contests, they should be simple enough that something like an iTunes gift card could be justified as the prize

2. I can't add any snazzy features to the board itself, other than more sections, I guess, because of it being on a free host

So basically I just need ideas for contests, writing activities...maybe another section to add onto the board...whatever you can think of!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:13 pm
Emerson says...

Eee. I will come back and hang around in December. ^_^ Sorry for abandoning you again! I look forward to the post frenzy!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:39 pm
Icaruss says...

Alright.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:26 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

Suzanne wrote:Eee. I will come back and hang around in December. ^_^ Sorry for abandoning you again! I look forward to the post frenzy!

Lol, it's all right. Things weren't too active over the last month anyway, so it's sort of a good thing. o.o Hopefully we'll be able to do some stuff to get things more active, though.

Why is my dog your fig father????
— JazzElectrobass