z

Young Writers Society

happy holidays!-or is it?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:44 am
just_intoxicated03 says...

christmas always comes with expectations of happiness and joy and togetherness, but what is that heavy feeling at the pit of our hearts amidst the christmas cheer? are there other people who feel this way???
Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that... building... thingie... where our beds and TV... is. --Homer Simpson

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:43 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I just don't feel the same way about Christmas as I used to. Maybe I'm just getting old, but it doesn't really make me happy or excited anymore.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

20 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:45 pm

so do you mean the responsibilities of aging affect one's attitude towards something as timeless as christmas???were we really happier when we were a lot more innocent?aargghhh.forgive me for the questions, this has just really bugged me for some reason
Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that... building... thingie... where our beds and TV... is. --Homer Simpson

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:09 pm
Ohio Impromptu says...

Could it be that those heavy feelings are with you all year round, but it's the stark comparison between how Christmas should make you feel, and how you actually do feel, that make them all the more apparent?

Christmas is weird for me. It's a great time of year, and Christmas in the city is just the best setting in the world, but over time it just became a time of small and simple moments of pure joy, and overwhelming moments of reflection that inevitably lead to the conclusion that I'm not as happy as those darn little elves in the shop windows. Maybe I should move somewhere cold and wear bright clothes.
I want a plane ticket to Reykjavik for Christmas. And a green turtleneck.

[/ramblings]
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a head that empty?
Gone, gone from New York City,
where you gonna go with a heart that gone?

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:24 pm
Elizabeth says...

I hate every holiday.
Christmas is too materialistic and Thanksgiving is just for turkey. Nobody is freakin' thankful for anything, at least these people aren't...

I hate holidays.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:34 pm
Via says...

I have to agree that I, as well, don't feel the same way about Christmas as I used to. I still love the holidays, but now that I have to fight the holiday traffic and pay for Christmas gifts for 9834938 people Christmas just seems like a day off work to me. It's sad, but true.

I suppose I don't dislike Christmas, but it's not as exciting as it used to be.

Hmph, if only Santa were real.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:32 pm
jonny911 says...

Isn't he?

Kidding! Anyways, I think that holidays are becoming to materialistic, but I really like holidays. It's just a kind of day where everyone stops arguing and comes together, and that's really important to me!
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:50 pm
Minniax says...

I would have to agree. As I get older I learn new things and Christmas isn't as exciting as it was when I actually believed in Santa.
I believe Santa is what ALWAYS kept me into the spirit.
I can also say that I am excited for Christmas, even if it doesn't have the magic. It's a great time to spend the holidays with your family and get some new gifts to unwrap. :P
I actually get more excited for my dog and mice.
I wrap my dog's gifts and when he opens them, he has the enthusiasm of a little kid!
This is my first year getting stuff for my mice. I can't wait! haha
:D
Currently reading: The Dead Zone by Stephen King

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:15 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Aww bless, Minniax, that's cute ^_^ Love your avatar too, by the way. :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

20 Reviews

Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:32 pm

minniax:lol, i'd really want to know how your mice react to the gifts. wish i could give my rabbits gifts but they'll just eat the wrapper and ignore the gift lol.

elizabeth: i'd have to agree with that. my folks stock the house up to our necks with christmas thingies and although it does make little children happy i can't help but think a room of friends and a little christmas tree in the middle would be better. people spend too much money on christmas.

inertia: do you mean that at christmas people try to cover up their unhappiness more?

We are great at fearing the wrong things.
— Hank Green