z

Young Writers Society

Has A Local Man Written An 8th Harry Potter Book?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:42 pm
Emerson says...

This is a "local" event for me, but I thought everyone else would like it... I giggled.

(KTVI - myFOXstl.com) --

A Kirkwood man has been the subject of international speculation surrounding the Harry Potter series of books. There's talk George Lippert has written an 8th installment even though author J.K. Rowling said the 7th would be the last.

Lippert told Fox 2, "It made it to the Australian news media somehow."

And in Great Britain the Scotsman Newspaper featured Lippert in an article. Lippert has written a book about Harry Potter's son James. He also created a web site letting everyone know they could read it beginning December 1st. Lippert is a graphic artist and rumors about what's he's been up to have been flying around the internet faster than Harry's broom.

Lippert said, "Some secret Warner Brothers tease for a movie or video game or possibly J. K. Rowling in disguise."
But Lippert did it just for fun. Because he's not pretending to be Rowling and he's not charging for the book, he shouldn't be the target of any copyright lawsuits. Plus, Lippert says he has an e-mail from Rowling's agent giving him the okay to write the amateur novel. He hopes Rowling reads his 22 chapter book.

"I hope she likes it I hope that I've been fair to her characters and her invention."

The title of Lippert's book is "James Potters and the Hall of Edlers' Crossing." What Lippert did is not unusual. Would-be authors continue the stories of characters from movies and books and share them for free with the world on the internet.

James Potter and the hall of Elders' Crossing
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:47 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Whoa, that seem pretty cool actually. I may check it out sometime.

There's nothing wrong with it seen as though he's not getting any money out of it, so go him! I wish I could have the skills to have thought of something like that and be succesful at it.

:)
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:09 pm
Emerson says...

Really, its just like fanfiction, only much more elaborate and with a broader audience... I might actually read some of it just to see what the quality is.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:37 pm
Twit says...

Maybe it'll become one of those "accepted and published" fanfiction stories that stand up on their own, like the Mary Russell books, which are Sherlock Holems fanfiction.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:39 pm
Leja says...

Glorified fanfiction, yes, but if it's actually any good, that'd be pretty cool ^_^

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Huh.
ohmeohmy

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:09 pm
View Likes
Icaruss says...

Since when does fanfiction get press?
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:12 am
Cade says...

...It's fanfiction on steroids, that's all.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:20 am
Kyuubi says...

I think the whole concept for the story is cool. I for one would like to know what happens to Harry's son.
"So, I was thinking, I've always wanted to ride a TaunTaun."
"Ummmm....I asked you answer the math problem on the board."
"No you didn't."
"Yes I did."
"Yeah well, that's your opinion."...............A conversation between my teacher and I.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:21 pm
alleycat13 says...

Cool. What impresses me is the 22 chapters.

If Rowling gave her okay and he's not demanding money, then I think it's just fine.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

Got YWS?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:56 pm
xhalcyonx128 says...

from the title it seems that the focus will be around james, and not harry, which should be interesting, seeing as james is dead. OH! unless they mean harry's son, james. i bet thats what it is. interesting....im deff going to read this. come on people you know you're still craving harry potter ;-) gotta love the collosal fanfiction
Be obscure clearly - E. B. White

Got YWS?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:36 pm
MadHatter says...

That's pretty dang cool. I just hope it isn't really terrible. That would be totally disrespectful to the books.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Everything has a consequence and every consequence leads to death.
— kattee