z

Young Writers Society

Is writing in your future?

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:20 am
Elelel says...

Well, In less than two weeks I'm going to audition to get into Music at uni. Which isn't writing related ... at all really. BUT! It's all part of my almighty plan to get a reasonable income! If I can teach music then I can get money then I don't need to worry about money when I'm writing.

A very simple plan, but it may work.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:58 am
chocoholic says...

I want to study law when I get to uni (I want to be a family lawyer) so if I can do that, money shouldn't be any problem. I really want to be a published, hopefully full-time, writer. It's my goal to become more famous than JK Rowling, but I don't know if that can happen.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:47 pm
View Likes
Leja says...

Cade wrote:Right now I'm thinking about going into publishing. I'd love to work as an editor for a magazine, newspaper, or publishing company. In college I'd probably major in English or journalism, because that's what most editors do.

ftw! :D
I've always thought this would be completely awesome. Probably absolutely romanticized, but ya know :wink:

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:56 pm
Via says...

*waves hand* I'm an English major! And Education, so I will be teaching English grades 7-12 (well, that will be my licensure but I'll be teaching only one or two of those years).

I do plan on writing in the future as I do now, but my interest are actually starting to drift and writing is becoming less and less important as time goes on so I don't know how practical that would really be. But, as of now, I have every intention of writing after work daily. ;]
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:08 pm
Gwenevire says...

I am hoping to publish a few novels and continue on writing. I would also do art and photography along with other minor things so stay alive :D
I think writing is a big part of my life. I don't think I will ever give up!

Genevieve
xxx

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:23 pm
Minniax says...

I plan to start ACTUALLY sitting down and writing this summer when school is out.
I get soo motivated, but when I do it is usually during class where I can't write.
So yes I plan to write in my future for sure.

Also like Gwenevire I plan to increase my photography skills. I am in love with photography and want to become either a Veterinarian or a Photographer, as well as an Author of coarse! :D
Currently reading: The Dead Zone by Stephen King

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 pm
Wolf says...

I'd love to publish a series, but I won't want that to be all I do for a living. I'd be, like, a hobo.
Maybe I'll write freelance for a newspaper or something...

Currently at school I get A-A+ in English literature. *shrugs* So I might want to pursue teaching some courses in that...

Also, I'm going to try to publish some small pieces in writing magazines :D
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:10 am
Cade says...

Oh, I totally agree with you, Nate! Writing is important in almost all career areas. (I wrote my application for the local newspaper's "teen council" on why American high schools need to focus more on English skills. :D)

Sam wrote:*wistful sigh* Being a starving artist wouldn't be so bad, I don't think- not if you love what you're doing.
Not so bad? There's something about the word "starving" that makes me a little uneasy about not getting into a solid career before I pursue writing.
I'd love to dedicate my life to writing. I do love it. But I also love living with at least a small amount of security. It's hard to make a fair amount of money in the publishing business, which is what I want to go into anyway, so we'll see about that. I'm not out to get rich, just to afford healthcare, haha.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:18 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

Snoink wrote:
Nate wrote:Don't forget that writing is an essential element to almost any career! I'm going into Law, and knowing how to write creatively is a must.

Dude, totally. I love writing lab reports, for that reason, because it requires so much creativity! Why are you combining this with that, and [i]what do you hope to achieve[i]? And then you get to analyze it and put it in terms that everybody understands... It's all very inspiring!

:shock: bunch of sickos...
lol jk. i wish i had your motivation. lab reports... *shudders*
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:48 am
Wiggy says...

Writing is me. I'm definitely majoring in Creative Writing/English, and I'd love to get a minor in history to go along with it. I'm actually rediscovering my love of writing (if that makes any sense), and I'm so hyped up about it! Those people who say it's 100% perseverance?

They're absolutely write.
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Reviews: 1
Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:44 pm
Chance says...

French, possibly with either International Studies or Politics.

French mainly because I'd like to teach English as a second language. Here you get your whole 3rd year off to live in France, and most students become language assistants. I'd love to be a teacher to give me plenty of time to write.

I'm also interested in International Relations, and so I'd like to take french possibly with either International Studies or Politics.

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina