z

Young Writers Society

ICE Campaign

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:58 pm
deleted6 says...

ICE campaign - "In Case of Emergency"

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than ourselves, knows which of these numbers belong to our closest family or friends.

If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this " ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialing the number you have stored as "ICE".

Please forward this. It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this . It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest .

For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.

Be sure it's in your kid's cell phones also.....

A great idea that will make a difference!

Let's spread the concept of ICE by storing an ICE number in our Mobile phones today !

I got this in a foreward email from my Dad he don''t usually go for them but I agree this is a great idea. Anyone heard of it?
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:03 am
Rydia says...

Of course. My home phone is my 'ICE' number. I added it about a year ago when there was a talk at my school about it. I think it's an excellent idea and certainly worth taking a minute or two to add.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:30 am
Icaruss says...

That's just stupid. If you have a contact name by the name of "Mum" then they'll call that contact. Contrary to popular belief, most people aren't really that stupid.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:40 am
Wolf says...

I think it's a pretty neat idea. ^^
Yay! I just got a cellphone recently! So now I can get an ICE number!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:45 am
Via says...

Hmm. Imagine the confusion of ICE when I.C.E. also stands for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Let's just say I won't be surprised if someone gets in an accident and is deported rather than their family contacted.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:57 am
Sureal says...

Problem with this is, not many people know what 'ICE' stands for. I'd imagine most people would just ring the number given under under 'HOME'.

And if you don't have a 'HOME' listing, but instead have your home number under 'ICE', then you're actually putting yourself in more danger than before.
I wrote the above just for you.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 am
Alteran says...

As already said, it's not terribly wide spread but it is catching on. It's meant to be quick and easy for the people caring for you if you are injured or somthing. ICE is a secondary, sure if you have Home in your phone thay'll probably call that first. It's a safety percaution. Don't replace your mother with ICE or your Home with ICE. Just add it in so the paramedic or whoever can contact someone if they know to look for ICE.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:16 am
tinny says...

When a medic needed to ring my Dad while I was in London, he just rang the home number. Easy as pie.

I think it would get confusing, I mean, in a mobile phone you can see who you're going to be talking to, but if it just says ICE it could be your parents, grandparents, siblings -- whatever.

Plus the I is more button presses away from the H, so it would take longer to get to and ring. Or it could be that my phone is very slow >.>
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:43 am
Crysi says...

I heard that if you put a space (or a number, I suppose) in front of "ICE", it will appear at the top of your phone book, so that should be fine.

I think it's an okay idea, but honestly, if you have even "Mom" and "Dad" listed, they'll most likely get contacted.
Love and Light

Stay gold, Ponyboy.
— S.E. Hinton