z

Young Writers Society

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:51 am
Nate says...

Bought it today. Played it for a couple of hours. Love it. The only "hard-core" video games (i.e., games not like Wii sports) I can get into anymore are Mario and Zelda, but I didn't like Super Mario Sunshine at all and while Zelda: Twilight Princess was good, I never bothered to complete the game.

Super Mario Galaxy though? I don't think I've had as much fun playing a video game since Zelda: The Wind Waker. If you have a Wii, buy it. If you don't have a Wii, buy that first then get Super Mario Galaxy.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:55 pm
MadHatter says...

I don't own a Wii, but I still don't like the game. The preview on G4 looked really poor, and all the reviews it got were terrible. Don't plan on buying a Wii, or getting this game.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:23 pm
tinny says...

It looks so shiney!

I have friends with Wiis, I might go see if they have the game and kidnap it.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:00 pm
jonny911 says...

It got great reviews!

I'm definitely getting it. I agree: it's one hardcore game that I can really get into. And from what I've heard, everyone loves it.

And I do like shineyness
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:22 pm
Squall says...

I also need to get that game too. After I finish MP3: Corruption on hypermode difficulity first :)
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:47 pm
Nate says...

Good for you MadHatter.

Andy->> You definitely need to pick it up. It's so much fun to play.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:49 pm
Via says...

I have played a mario game on a Wii...but I don't know which one? It's the one where the characters like play on a board game and have challenges and stuff...and that what you are talking about?

Or maybe that was donkey kong....?

It's times like these I wish I had any idea what I was talking about.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:44 pm
Phindin says...

MadHatter wrote:I don't own a Wii, but I still don't like the game. The preview on G4 looked really poor, and all the reviews it got were terrible. Don't plan on buying a Wii, or getting this game.

Not biased or anything, are you?
"Buy, buy, buy, buy; sell, sell, sell
How well you've learned to not discern;
Who's foe and who is friend,
We'll own them all in the end."

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 am
MadHatter says...

Phildin>> Nope, not at all

Via>> It would be a Mario Party game. Most likely 7 or 8
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Random avatar

Reviews: 26
Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:51 pm
ScarletMonkey says...

I have very mixed views on Super Mario Galaxy

First the positives:

It's fun, it's amazing fun, that's what games are for and this is what defines a game. Mario Galaxy is incredible, I remember when I first ran around the opening planet and I literally said 'wow' out loud, it's just incredible

The graphics look pretty, they're not Xbox 360 or PS3 standard but I think they have a really artistic look about them

But, the one thing that doesn't make this game as good as Super Mario 64 was the difficulty

I've got all 121 stars without much trouble, did anyone else find it a little annoying to get 5 lives every single time they turned on the game? I didn't get a game over once and I finished with 32 lives. Granted i'm a mario veteran, playing the original Super Mario Bros: Lost Levels at 5 years of age and beating it, but I never got all 120 stars on Super Mario 64, so the fact that I did this on Super Mario Galaxy in 2 weeks and never completed the goal on Mario 64 should raise concern.

Sunshine was harder, and I think those areas in Sunshine where you weren't allowed F.L.U.D.D were just excellent examples of what should be expected in a Mario game.

Has anyone played the Rocky Road Galaxy or the 'Matter Galaxy'? Those were the best levels in the game due to their platformeyness

I guess i'm a 2D platformer at heart...

Still loved this game
All the things of love you know
Are felt most when you let go

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:01 am
[deleted1] says...

I want a Wii and Mario Galaxy..I'm broke and there's none here, They are all sold out >< =(

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:43 am
Sureal says...

MadHatter wrote:I don't own a Wii, but I still don't like the game. The preview on G4 looked really poor, and all the reviews it got were terrible. Don't plan on buying a Wii, or getting this game.

Eh? It got unaminously good reviews - no one gave it below a 9/10. It has the highest mean score of any game on the Wii, 360 or PS3. Looky.

If my little brother has it on his Wii, I might have a go on it over Christmas time. If not, I'll stick with my PS3 games. ^_^
I wrote the above just for you.

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:41 pm
rockondude says...

I've never played.But it looks insanily cool.I hear it has great reviews.So tell more about it please!

Reviews: 0
Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:19 am
exploding_penguin says...

Congrats on getting Super Mario galaxies. You've made a great choice. Sure the mini planets can take some getting used to and the storyline is basically nothing new, but I found myself playing this for hours today. The game is a bit short and I was a bigger fan of the old picture frame idea for some reason, but this game is addicting.

I have no idea why I went review-ish just now. But congrats on the game!
Patches: Whats our motto?
Average Joes: Aim low!

GET ON IT PEEPS
— Nate