z

Young Writers Society

Spiders Unite!

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:06 am
logosgal says...

So, the monkeys and the dragons are feuding again, but obviously the whole argument is just silly, because, as everyone knows, spiders are way better than dragons or monkeys. So, I propose that we all just vote for Chad the Spider, because:
  • Spiders are better than monkeys and dragons (just think of Charlotte's Web, Anansi the Spider, Spider-Man, and all those countless other spiders without whom our world would be a giant mass of flies and mosquitoes)
  • Chad is obviously a much, much cooler name than either Horace or Bartemius
  • The spider drawing thingy is better-looking than the dragon drawing thingy or the monkey drawing thingy. See for yourself:
    @(^_^)@ <--This is supposed to be a monkey? Anyone can see it's a kid with headphones!
    o.......O<#
    . \o o/ <--And this is supposed to be a dragon? It's too complicated, first off. It occupies two lines! Who's really going to bother to type all that code into their signatures or posts? Secondly, it looks even less like a dragon than the monkey one looks like a monkey. I mean, what's with that # sign?
    The spider drawing thingy, by contrast, is very simple:
    ....@ @
    \__
    |||__/
    \__
    |||__/
    \__
    |||__/
    \__
    |||__/ And it's quite obvious that it's a spider, because it has eight legs and no weird extra #'s, %'s, ^'s, $'s etc.
  • Chad is mostly blue. Some spiders are actually blue (I think...). I have never seen a green monkey, and, though some dragons are red, everyone knows that most of them are green, yellow or purple. Plus, blue is a cooler color than green or red.

All in all, it's quite obvious that, even though Chad is not currently on any official polls, he is really the best of any potential mascot-type critter. So, in conclusion, I'd like to ask all you spider-lovers out there to vote for Chad. 'Cause he's the coolest. Thank you.

NOTE: This is just for fun. Don't take any of it too seriously!

EDIT: here's the code for Chad that I used in my sig:
Code: Select all
[color=white]....[/color][color=blue]@ @[/color][color=blue]
\__[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]|[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]__/
\__[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]|[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]__/
\__[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]|[/color][color=red]|[/color][color=blue]__/[/color] If you like [url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic22180.html]Chad the Spider[/url], put him in your siggy!
Last edited by logosgal on Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Home is where the books are.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:44 am
MadHatter says...

Oooo! Cool, I love the Spider! I'll vote for him.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:15 pm
Twit says...

I like Chad, but Horace still holds my loyalty. :wink: If it comes to that, I like Barty as well, but older loyalties must come first.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:20 pm
Rydia says...

Ah, Chad does lok cool but I'm with Twit and the dragons I'm afraid. Besides, look ^ and see the awesome dragon icon in Twit's signature!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

If you receive a bribe, you must report it in your income.
— John Oliver