Life is Short, Have an Affair

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:11 pm
Via says...

Come on now, seriously?

AshleyMadison.Com Promotes Adultery, Protest Video Online
by Jack Ryan

AshleyMadison.Com is a disturbing website that promotes married couples having an affair and being unfaithful to their life-partner.

The website is controversial and for many, it's nauseating. AshleyMadison.Com actually helps married people have an affair - by introducing them to other married people who want to have an affair.

According to our friends at TMZ, AshleyMadison.com offered Katie Holmes a free lifetime membership so she can seek out a "meaningful relationship" and "fill her lonely bed" recently.

Now there is a billboard in West Hollywood from the Canadian-based company 'Ashley Madison', which reads: "Life Is Short. Have An Affair."
Article

Yea, this site definitely is for married people who want to have affairs with other married people.....? Not good.

Check out this bulletin board in LA for it:
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:50 pm
Wolf says...

Ewah!
That shouldn't be allowed...I mean, if you're married to someone, be faithful to them! Don't stab them in the back by going out and *cough* 'filling your lonely bed'
I mean, seriously. What a stupid website. If someone feels that their *is uncomfortable* bed is *erm* empty, they should talk to their husband/wife about that *yikes* issue.
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

441 Reviews

Reviews: 441
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:01 am
Gwenevire says...

That's just sick. Who would dream of doing that?
That bothers me... I get shivers down my spine thinking about it.
If you want to have a series of relation ships then don't get married! SIMPLE AS THAT!
Become a prostitute. I mean common fill an empty bed? That line is screaming out hooker!

This world is packed with sick people... And we need a cure.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:25 am
Sureal says...

An affair can save a marriage, just as it can destroy it.

Real life is never simple.
I wrote the above just for you.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:16 am
Rydia says...

I'm with Sureal on this one. Personally, I'd never try their service and there are better ways to save a marriage but sometimes it takes an affair for someone to realise that they don't want to be married to their husband/ wife and then they've already taken the first step towards a divorce. Other times an affair can make a person realise how much they have and how happy they are and how being with another person couldn't make them happier or even as happy as they currently are if you know what I mean.

Basically, I have an open view to it but it's not something I'd generally recomend.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:06 pm
Twit says...

Bleagh.

That should be made underlines illegal with underlined knobs on.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:06 pm
Elelel says...

An affair can save a marriage, just as it can destroy it.

Real life is never simple.

I see what you mean.

But still. I wouldn't do it. And if I were married and found my partner had an affair, I would be very un-impressed. And I think they would stand less chance of being forgiven if they had done it through a company.

Get a room, not a billboard, people!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:36 pm
Alainna says...

Even if an affair can save a marriage you should be able to go out and get on with it on your own. I'm fairly against dating sites let alone affair sites.

This is beyond weird....

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Jules the jester says...

What an amazing world we live in. (without saracasm)

It just shows how free we are in life doesnt it, there must of been a demand for the company.

Plus free will and all that lovely stuff.

Go ahead and have fun.

I personally wouldnt use it but i am in half support for it.

Made me laugh when i first read it.

:D :D
-Steve
Man:George look at this.
George: look at what?
Man: Ha made you look!
George: Idiot!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:18 am
Dreami says...

... there was an add on this page for that site.

Sick. That's all I have to say.

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:31 am
PenguinAttack says...

Elelel wrote:
Get a room, not a billboard, people!

Now that made me giggle... Hardcore.

On the affair issue... Well it is up to the individual, I wouldn't reccomend it but at least the site allows for these people to have their affairs in a fairly safe way. I mean, at least these people aren't trolling in bars and lying about what they're doing.

I think Sureal and Kitty are on the same page. *nods* Life is not a rose filled fairytale.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:06 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I think that it is wrong to cheat on the person you're with. You wouldn't encourage a person to lie, why encourage them to have an affair?

Marriages might be saved in certain instances, but for the most part they'd be destroyed. If you were to find out that the love of your life has been playing you for a fool, you'd be very angry. It would take a lot of discipline to not physically lash out and many men do not have that discipline.

Honestly, don't do that to a guy. If there is a problem, we like to know about it so that we can fix it. If we can't fix it, then we can seal off the problem. And if you're a guy and you don't like your girl, find a way to end it.

And if you hook up with another married person, then watch out because your safety is dependent on the spouse that is least stable. So in many ways, the site is less safe then carrying out an affair with someone else.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:32 am
Via says...

Amen, Grif.

It's wrong, plain and simple. It's never okay to be unfaithful, no matter what the circumstances.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Love is all we have, the only way that each can help the other.
— Euripides