z

Young Writers Society

Dragons - You're Needed!!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:07 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

For the week of the Young Writers Society's third birthday, the old Dragon vs. Monkey competition has been brought up again - and this time we cannot let those pesky Monkeys win!

To vote for Horace, and all other Dragons out there (Puff, Norbert, Elliott, Spyro, etc.) go to the official voting thread here.

A short history of the Great War of the Dragons and Monkeys:

Several months ago (around late February, early March), Nate, our esteemed leader, suggested we decide upon an official mascot for the Young Writers Society. The decision was to be made democratically, and several mascots were suggested - the four with the largest followings ended up being Dragon, Monkey, Kangaroo and Pat Buchanan, with the Dragons in the lead by a significant margin.

Upon a second round of voting, the Dragons were still in the lead, though the Monkeys had closed up the gap considerably. The Kangaroos and Pat Buchanans were left trailing behind, and so out of the competition. The next couple of weeks saw fierce competition on both sides, and up until the bitter end both parties were neck and neck, and trying to convince the former Kangaroos to join them in the war effort. In the end, the Monkeys won, though by a tiny margin.

So now it's up to you to make sure those faeces-throwing Monkeys do NOT win again! Join the Dragons - and leave those apes choking in our smoke!

NOTE: Please keep in mind that this is only for fun - please keep all comments and discussion, between members of this and the other team, civil. This is YWS' birthday, remember, so we only want to encourage good, friendly, fun competition.

If you want Horace to be red in your signature, simply post this in there (Courtesy of Amelia and Sumi):

Code: Select all
[color=#990000]If you want Horace to win, put him in your siggy: [/color]
[color=#990000]o[/color][color=#CCCCCC].......[/color][color=#990000]O<#[/color]
[color=#CCCCCC].[/color][color=#990000]  \o o/[/color]
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:22 pm
Twit says...

I'm voting for Horace!

Who called him that, by the way? Why not Fang or Draco or Saphira? :wink:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:32 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I think he was christened by Amelia, though I'm not sure.

Fang/Draco - perhaps originality was a desirable characteristic :wink:

Saphira - umm, who's she? *does not acknowledge Paolini as a writer of dragons*
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm
Perra says...

Could've named him Puff or Elliot! ^-^!
Unless we really want to be original about his name....

*glomps Horace*
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:46 pm
Shadowsun says...

I vote Horace!

It's a good name. Better than Draco or Fang, besides we already have a Saphira on the site. Horace is origional, therefore good.

*returns to smoky corner*

~ Shadowsun
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:37 pm
Alainna says...

Dragons unite!

The last round of fighting was soon after I joined....I remember how competitive it got.....Hehe.

Alainna
xxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm
Layleun says...

Dragons away! I came right after, and I mean right after, you guys voted monkeys. Darnd. Dragons shall rule! (Second in line after werewolves ^.~)

~Lupe

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:06 am
PenguinAttack says...

Horace for teh win! Dragons ahoy! Many Dragon wishes to those dragon fishes who live in the bottom of the sea.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:32 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I'm behind you, Horace!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:36 pm
Leja says...

Yay Horace!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:50 pm
Twit says...

We're doing badly in the quiz. :roll: Come on guys, I can't always get on at that time! And while I'm not trying to hint that I'm a winner, it seems that we're doing baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaadly. We're getting our butts kicked into the middle of YWS' next birthday!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost