z

Young Writers Society

YWS Awards

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:35 pm
Emerson says...

This is copied from last years, which was copied from the previous years by Firestarter, so.. Thank you Firestarter!

This isn't anything official, so just enjoy yourself with this. It's playful, so to speak.

You, the members of YWS, will get to nominate who you think most deserves the said category. You can only nominate ONE person/piece per category. You can send your nominations to me via PM or e-mail. However, if you e-mail me, please put down your username in the post and title the e-mail something like "YWS Awards Nominees".

You can email me at ....

Please, DO NOT post your nominees in this topic! It's for questions only!!

Here are the topics:

Best Overall Member - This is the person who can be your favourite member at the site, the one you think does the most for the site, the one who writes the best, the one who you like the most, or a combination of all of these.

Funniest Member - Pretty self-explanatory - the member who makes you laugh the most.

Most Helpful Member/Friendliest Member - Who made you feel at home? Who told you how to do something you didn't understand? Who has always been kind to you? Nominate the person you think is the kindest member.

Best Reviewer of Prose - The person you believe gives the most honest, easy-to-understand, not overly critical, who gives you areas to improve for prose (eg. stories)

Best Reviewer of Poetry - The person you believe reviews or critiques poetry the best on the site.

Best Poet - The person whose poetry you enjoy the most.

Best Writer - The member whose stories and articles you like reading the most.

Member You’d Most Like to Shoot - Err....yeh. Who annoys you? Who makes you want to hit the screen? Not being mean, but there are always people you don't always get on with. So who would you like to shoot the most?

Best Moderator - Out of the moderators, who do you think does their job most fairly and competently?

Best Story - Quite simply, your favourite story or article you have seen on YWS and the author.

Best Poem - Basically your favourite poem on YWS, and the author please.

Best Off-Topic Topic - Heh, nice name, eh? The best topic on the site that has nothing to do with writing.

Spam Master (a.k.a. Most Overly Active Member) - The person who you think just posts way too much.

Best Debater - The person you believe presents their views, ideas and opinions in the best way on the discussion boards (or otherwise..)

Best Lyricist - The person you believe who writes the best lyrics.

Best Artist - Do I need to explain? The person who draws/paints/creates the best art in your honest opinion.

Best Usergroup - In your opinion, the best usergroup in existence YWS.

Best Blog - The blog you like visiting the most or the blog that makes you think, makes you sad, makes you happy etc

Best Avatar - Which member's avatar do you like the best? Nominate!

Best Story Book - The story book you most like to be apart of, or the one that is the most entertaining or original.

You can nominate yourself, though I don't think you should, but you can. It's not like anyone but I will know that you did. Submissions end on Sunday, November 18 at no specific time. Hopefully, I'll get everything tallied up by then, and we can have the results that coming week!

Also, don't feel like you have to put something for each category. Do what you can! It will still be appreciated.
Last edited by Emerson on Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:20 pm
Jennafina says...

Could we please add Best Storybook to this? Would that be okay? :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:25 pm
Rydia says...

That would be brilliant but we all know Necropolis would win =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

2058 Reviews

Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:59 pm
Emerson says...

Sure! *adds*
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 pm
Twit says...

What about Most Random Member? :wink:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:29 pm
deleted6 says...

There's quite a few now how about [bold]Best Couples (Our Pairings)[/bold]. Note this doesn't have to be real couples but who you think be perfect together. It be curious to see how this turns out. SWe've matchmaker thread I understand but still tis only fun right.

Oh and trust me to ask for this *rolls eyes* :P
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:11 pm
Meshugenah says...

Vernon and Twit >> I think both of those categories would fit better under the "YWS Most" Awards. Also, random kinda fits under "spam master," don't ya think?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:14 pm
Emerson says...

Yeah... I'm not going to add anything unless I think it is reasonably good to add. Like best story book.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:41 pm
View Likes
Sureal says...

How about "Best Username that is a Deviation of the Word 'Surreal'?"
I wrote the above just for you.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:46 pm
Twit says...

"Best Person To Pound Sureal And His Ego Into The Dust"

I think that's a good one. ^.^
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 pm
Sureal says...

A shame it's physically impossible.
I wrote the above just for you.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:59 pm
Twit says...

I could do it, hands down. :P

#TNT

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:14 am
Snoink says...

:P

Back on topic guys.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:02 pm
Firestarter says...

Can't believe I missed out on running this again!
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:31 pm
BigBadBear says...

Uh...How are we supposed to give awards if we can't nominate?

Just asking!
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

Once here on Young Writers Society, in chat, chickens wanted variety. They complained to Nate and after debate became funky orangutans silently.
— Mea