z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Online

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:29 am
Calamire says...

To all the moderators, I've spoken with Nate about this thread and received his permission to create it.

Young Writers Online is a fairly new forum, similar to YWS, created by young writers and for young writers. Our main goal is to help members improve their writing through constructive criticism. We've worked hard to create what we feel the best atmosphere possible for this, and joining is free. :)

Among the things we offer are:
- The ability to post your work and let fellow writers help you improve it
- At the same time, you can help other writers improve and can contribute to their success
- An ever-growing number of articles to help writers help themselves
- Javascript games for conquering writers' block
- Contests, help sections, and discussion sections for everything from politics and point of view to research and debate
- "Critique" buttons that make giving critiques easier and more organized
- Bookstore where you can buy icons with the points earned through critiques
- The ability to join and create clubs for people with similar interests
- A staff that welcomes member input and ideas

This site is brand-new, so we appreciate any help in getting it off the ground, whether in the form of articles, starting discussions, or becoming a regular member, if you like the site. I hope to see you there!

- Andy

Link: http://www.youngwritersonline.net

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:41 am
Aet Lindling says...

Calamire, Calamire... Gee... that name sounds... "familiar" for some reason. The mods on that site do too... I keep getting the feeling I've, y'know... seen them somewhere else... *coughs*controversywithTW*coughs* Say... don't you already have a site to maintain?
dun worry
it's all gun be k

Random avatar

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 am
Arconna says...

I'm the second admin at YWO.
Just to clear some things up. Both Cal and I created our own site because we weren't happy with how things at TW were transpiring. We wanted something different and so we diverged paths. Cal is no longer admin at TW. He used to be.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 am
Nate says...

I appreciate the loyalty Aet, but there's no worries. Cal is cool.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:56 am
Calamire says...

Ditto what Arconna said. We and some others left, and I've been much happier ever since.

And in case there's any confusion, Young Writers Online isn't affiliated with TW in any way. We're not an offshoot or a second site. It's owned and maintained by an entirely different group of people.

EDIT: Thanks, Nate.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:04 am
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

Oh... *reddens* Sorry, then. I knew you were a TW admin and thus let my imagination get ahead of me, especially since you only had 1 post. And thus wondered if this was some sort of revenge for all the times Adam's come on TW to annoy you all... :P

Edit: And I had no idea you had left, I thought you were still the big cheese in fact... sorry.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:20 am
Emerson says...

Hahah, Aet...

I'll join, certainly. ^_^ I love helping out budding communities! I shall throw my lack of posting due to NaNoWriMo at you now!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:27 am
Calamire says...

Aet Lindling wrote:Oh... *reddens* Sorry, then. I knew you were a TW admin and thus let my imagination get ahead of me, especially since you only had 1 post. And thus wondered if this was some sort of revenge for all the times Adam's come on TW to annoy you all... :P

Edit: And I had no idea you had left, I thought you were still the big cheese in fact... sorry.

Oh, no! No revenge. :D It's like a fresh start. And all I remember about Adam is that he likes Moogles.

Thanks for your help, Suzanne!

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:32 am
Alteran says...

When have I ever come on to TW to annoy anyone? *stuffs socks in Aet's mouth*

I think I'll check it out. Always happy to help out.

EDIT: Link! *love avatar*
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:44 am
AWritersFantasy says...

Out of curiousity, how young is "young"? Do you mean "young" as in young teenagers, or "young" as in people who're in their twenties, like me?

>.> 'Cause I'm more than likely going to join. There are very few times where I can resist joining boards for writers.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:51 am
Calamire says...

AWritersFantasy wrote:Out of curiousity, how young is "young"? Do you mean "young" as in young teenagers, or "young" as in people who're in their twenties, like me?

Yes, twenties is fine! :) We're not teenagers-only. Shaun's the other administrator, and he's in his mid-twenties.

59 Reviews

Random avatar

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:02 am
Arconna says...

Don't worry about it Aet :). I wasn't mad or anything, I was just clarifying. I can imagine there would be some memories of old TW and the like. But we're a different site, under different management, etc. And we're hoping to keep good relations with sites like YWS and other writing sites, if possible. :)

On the age thing:
I'm 24. I don't see a problem with people up to 26 or 27 joining. Just think of it this way--if you're too old to be in college (if you started out of highschool), then you're too old for our site. I don't think age will be a big issue though.

59 Reviews

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:04 am
AWritersFantasy says...

-Raises hand- I plan on emailing you guys to see about affiliating boards, 'cause I have a message board for writers that...well, it's in need of more active members at the moment (activity is kind of slumping for whatever reason) but we're always looking for more affiliates.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:08 am
Calamire says...

AWritersFantasy wrote:-Raises hand- I plan on emailing you guys to see about affiliating boards, 'cause I have a message board for writers that...well, it's in need of more active members at the moment (activity is kind of slumping for whatever reason) but we're always looking for more affiliates.

Oh, cool! I'd love to affiliate. Email away! :wink:
http://www.youngwritersonline.net/affiliates.php
Last edited by Calamire on Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain