z

Young Writers Society

What were your imaginary friends when you were small?

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:10 pm
Geek says...

I always wanted to hear what people had as their imaginary friends ao pets they had as kids. A stuffed animal or a blanket you slept with. Anything that helped them getting through the nightmares or the loneliness.
What is there to do when all else fails?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:13 pm
Emerson says...

This doesn't really go here, so I'm going to move it.

"Other" is for other fiction pieces, that don't fit into any of the other catigories already listed. If you want to ask questions, you can do so in the lounge. ^_^ Thanks!

Anyhow, I never had imaginary friends. Perhaps I lacked an important part of my child hood because of this.

I do know that I had a bit of an attachment to socks? I was a strange child.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:15 pm
Rydia says...

No imaginary friends for me either. I had toys and such. A doll called Becky but I didn't talk to it or anything, just carried it around occassionally and only until I was about six or seven.I grew up very early...
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:19 pm
Via says...

Haha, I had an imaginary baby. Yea, her name was apparently "Jenny" and I carried her everywhere I went. :)
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm
Twit says...

At one time I had about two hundred stuffed toys. Apart from that, I only had one doll that I named after a baby elephant in a story. :roll:

... And I ate woodlice. :P
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:42 am
Geek says...

Well . . . my imaginary friend was a baby too!! I saw old movies my mom recorded on the video camera and it looked so funny!! thats why I was wondering if anybody had any attachments or imaginary friends (or babbies).

I was very attached to a Mini-Mouse blanket we got in Disney Land. But thats all.
What is there to do when all else fails?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:57 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Lol. We were just discussing this a while ago 'ver here.

All of us kids had Throckmorton, the little green man who slept under our bed and kept away all the monsters. ^.^ Also I had a blanket that I loved quite literally to shreds. But Throckmorton was the major imaginary friend. Pudgy little green guy with big pink polka dots, antennae.

How do I remember that? XD
ohmeohmy

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:04 am
Elelel says...

I had an imaginary dragon that was the same pattern as my quilt! He was fun.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:28 am
GingerLizzy says...

I've never had an imaginary fried before; I feel underprivledged.

If I did though, I would have called him Trevor...Or Colin.

Fabulous names.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:11 pm
Chanson says...

i had tons of imaginary friends. not like, stuffed animals or dolls. although i had those too, lots of them, that were like super real to me and i had agma ethat went on for about 2 years about them all living in a war and i had to protect them. my reindeer teddy was married to a barbie...things like that....but i also just had friends who lived in my mind. a whole gang. and a rival gang we used to fight with but really i was in love with leader (i read too much). it was all very real to me. and me and my best friend (who was real, promise) used to pretend we were a prince and a princess and that involved a lot of imaginary friends....

oh and i had this little imaginary fairy friend who was like 2 inches tall and i used to make clothes for him and leave out food. i think i might have been a little bit crazy actually.
"And Matt Muir. Matt Muir, he's the sweetest guy. Have you ever looked into his eyes? It's like the first time I heard the Beatles" Superbad

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:58 pm
tinny says...

I don't think I had any... Oh man, I feel like I've missed out on something XD

Well now I have my characters, though they're not normally overlly friendly >.>
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:47 pm
Sohini says...

Imaginary friends, not exactly imaginary in my case but any object that I could move would to/

yeah, so i talked to pillows, jars, old calculators and Barbies, dolls and stuffs were always there...I also created some imaginary friends later on, but they were all humans!
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:39 pm
bobiscool134 says...

well...I had a few, they were all unnamed but Katie...sadly...when I was 10, she went away to college and ever came back. I had this Bullwinkle stuff animal that I was greatly attached to. Had to throw him away three or four years back, and I still miss the little guy.

-bobiscool
there are 10 different types of people in this world, those who know binary and those who don't

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:56 am
MadHatter says...

I didn't have an imaginary friend, but I did have a blanket that I carried around everywhere until I was about five. I remember giving it to my little sister and never taking it back.
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:23 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I had a few but I don't remember their names. D:

Poetry is a phantom script telling how rainbows are made and why they go away.
— Carl Sandburg