z

Young Writers Society

96-year-old man marries 74-year-old woman

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:50 am
Teague says...

A pensioner became one of Scotland's oldest bridegrooms when he married a lady 22 years his junior.

Bill Rodgers, 96, tied the knot with his long-term girlfriend at his home in Cherrybank, near Perth.

He courted 74-year-old Liz Stewart for more than a decade before asking for her hand. The retired managing director of Camerons, the house furnishers, decided to propose after suffering three life-threatening illnesses.

Thoughts? Comments? Goat cheese?

IMO, it's odd, but hey. As long as they're happy. And later in the story they refer to him as "Mr. Rodgers." *snort/cackle*

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/pressass/20071 ... e80_1.html
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:06 pm
Rydia says...

I don't think it's so bad. I mean, they're both very old so the age difference doesn't matter so much and if they've already waited ten years... well it's nice for them to be able to find someone so late in life and as long as they're both happy, I think it's okay.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:38 pm
tinny says...

He courted 74-year-old Liz Stewart for more than a decade before asking for her hand.

Aww, that sounds very sweet to me XD
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:00 pm
Areida says...

Awww, they sound sweet.

My grandfather remarried about ten years after my grandmother died, and he and my stepgrandmother are really sweet together. He calls her his sweetheart. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:37 pm
Twit says...

At least they''re BOTH old and wrinkly. :roll:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:58 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Yeah, that's my thing. The age difference doesn't mean so much when they're BOTH over-the-hill, as it were. *pops chamagne bottle* So, cheers to them!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:13 pm
just_intoxicated03 says...

it doesn't really matter as long as they're happy with one another, and besides to find someone at that age must really mean they're meant for you
Oh, Lisa, you and your stories: Bart's a vampire, beer kills brain cells. Now let's go back to that... building... thingie... where our beds and TV... is. --Homer Simpson

u can't have villains exist just 2 b villains
— ShadowVyper