z

Young Writers Society

God

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:24 am
Wolf says...

I saw a topic similar to this, but I couldn't reply. Only users granted special access, whatever that is, were allowed to. And so I decided to make my own.
---------------------->> :arrow:
All 12 years of my life, I have been wondering about God. What does he look like? Does he really exist?
When I was in grades 1-3, I was constantly confused by what I heard about religion. How could all these gods exist, and be there only for their own cultures/worshipers? And why weren't they doing anything about the condition of the world; millions dying from diseases, millions dying in wars...
Alas, I was young and gullible. I decided in grade 2 that I would believe in the Christian version of God, much to the pleasure of my grandparents. And yet, I thought little of Church and went only at Easter.

Now, in Grade 7, I have different views. At the age of 9 I gave up my Christian religion and forgot about God for a while...until now anyways.
I am more fascinated by the Ancient Greek, Norse and Egyptian Gods. Not only were there more of them, but I found them much more interesting. I pursued a belief in Norse Mythology but stopped when I found no one else who shared my new found religion.
I spend long nights under the stars at my friend Claire's, pondering God;
Why is God a male?
Why has no one ever seen him (in the flesh) in the last century or so?
Why has he not helped the world?
Is he just something people made up so that they could put their faith in something when times were rough?

For some of these questions, I have found answers within myself. In my opinion, God does not exist.
It may have appeared that he did to the early civilizations, and he was a male because then women had little no one important roles in society save delivering babies. Men were more important and vastly more respected.
I am now doing some soul searching; what should my religion be? Should I even have one?
-------------------------------
Give me your opinions on God! I am very interested in religion and would love to hear from you!
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

602 Reviews

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:30 am
Wolf says...

For those who do belive in God, please do not be offended by my opinion- I am open to all beliefs and will not critisize people because of their religion.
I have very little knowledge on mass and matter and other scientific things that could provide evidenc on God's existence; I gave my honest opinion.
However, if anyone does know of such things, please enlighten me!
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:33 am
chocoholic says...

Well, first of all, you really shouldn't ask other people about religion. That's something you ahve to figure out yourself.

Myself, I'm a Christian, and a strong one. I go to church most Sundays, read the Bible and pray. I try not to sin and I believe in him and all.

But again, your religion really has nothing to do with us and you should figure it out on your own.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

602 Reviews

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:35 am
Wolf says...

:oops: I am confused and wanted help, that's all. I wasn't trying to offend anyone and I certainly don't want to make people angry by asking their religion. I am just curious and I want to learn more about other religions from other peoples point of view.

By the way- I think your siggie is hilarious!
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:40 am
chocoholic says...

Okay, sorry, I misunderstood you.

Thanks, your siggy is cool. Too. Lyrics or something?
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

602 Reviews

Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:51 am
Wolf says...

It's cool, no hard feelings. After all, I'd be seriously weirded out if someone randomly posted a topic asking me my religion :lol:
Thanks :) They are part of a poem I wrote a while ago (grade 5). It wasn't any good, but I still like the person I wrote it for.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:22 am
MadHatter says...

Yeah, someone can't just tell you what to believe in. You really have to decide it for yourself. When you decide it yourself, it's real. I'm am also a strong Christian and strongly agree with chocoholic
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:40 pm
Kylan says...

To sign up for that "users only granted special access forum" you need to go to the community icon on the top toolbar scroll over it. A drop box should appear with the words "Community Forums" "Group Index" and "Join a Group." Select join a group. A page will appear with two dropboxes with the words "current membership" and "non-member groups" beside them respectively. Click on the arrow which drops down the "non-member groups" box and select Debate Group. Select the box that reads "view information". You will then be directed to a page that lists the members of the group. Above the member list you'll see a box that says "join this group". Click on that and you are now a member of the Debate Usergroup.
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:25 am
MadHatter says...

um...okay, I don't know if that fits in this topic, but okay...
Voldemort: You kids! If I ever find out who's calling I will tell the wizard law and you will go to wizard jail and then I'll kill you!

Harry Potter Puppet Pals - Wizard Swears

602 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 am
Wolf says...

Um..yeah.
*majorly uncomfortable*
I'm not asking for people to just tell me what to believe in. I'm asking for some facts and practicions practiced by certain religions- so that I can learn more about them and decide which one would be suitable.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:11 am
Sureal says...

MadHatter: Kylan just explained how to join the debate forum, which is the forum Ayra mentioned in her first post.

Also, Chocoholic and MadHatter, it's strange that you, as a Christians, are telling Ayra she has to work out her religion on her own, considering that the majority of Christians (and you as well, given your ages, I'm willing to bet) follow the religion because that's how they were raised by their parents.

Ayra: You don't have to follow any religion. Or, if you do follow one, make sure it's the religion you truly believe in, not one you think is nifty. Try doing a bit of research - Wikipedia is a good place to start.

Judging from your post though, I'm thinking one of the three main religions (Christianity, Judaism and Islam) is a no-no. You could try looking into something like Buddhism or Hindu, or one of the more obscure religions, like Wicca or LaVey Satanism.

Or perhaps you'd rather be an Atheist (no religion and doesn't believe in gods), Agnostic (no religion, isn't sure whether or not there are gods), Pantheist (the Universe and Nature is a sort of deity) or Deist (a god made the Universe/Earth/humanity/whatever, and then dissapeared).
I wrote the above just for you.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:29 pm
Twit says...

W00t for converts. :roll:

It's no use just picking a religion and thinking, "Hey, this one's pretty close to what I think, I'll stick a label on myself saying I'm a member of this religion."

A true Christian is one who's realized their sins and been forgiven. Lots of people preach the "God is love" message, which is true, but they forget that God is a god of justice as well.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

602 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:19 pm
Wolf says...

Again, I am misunderstood...I was wondering about people's religions/beliefs so that they [if they were willing] could tell me about them- what they do, if they like it, etc.
So that I could see which one I could be okay with, you know?
But yeah, I'll definitely look into those that you mentioned.
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:14 pm
Sureal says...

Oh.

Well, personally I'm an Atheist. A Religious Education lesson on Atheism would go something along the lines of: 'There is no God, now go to lunch break.'

There is nothing to define it, no rules or philosophies or traditions. Trying to uniform or direct Atheists has often been alikend to trying to herd cats, simply because of the sheer variety in personal beliefs and morals.
I wrote the above just for you.

602 Reviews

Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:09 pm
Wolf says...

That also sounds interesting; I'll do some research on it. But quite frankly, this whole religion thing is driving me insane.
So maybe I should be an Antheist? I don't want to belive in something as strongly as a Christian, but...:(
everything i loved

Would you like a review?

Pigeon poop is the best way to solve problems.
— Pompadour