z

Young Writers Society

Is anyone here a humanitarian?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:36 pm
thething912 says...

What do you think is the most important issue that we should deal with?
Check out my website for my Photography.

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:54 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

umm...humanity as a whole just kinda needs to get their heads on straight. personally, i'm a Christian, and i hate how other Christians sit and talk crap about other people who aren't Christians. It has nothing to do with beliefs or God or church or anything; it's just prejudiced. Retarded.

anyway, i'm done now. who's next to rant?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:35 am
Nate says...

Moved to The Lounge.

The most important issue? Third world development.

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:40 am
sokool15 says...

Most important issue to be discussed? Definitely whether Pat Buchanan does, or has at any time, or will in the future...exist. Because nobody seems to know who the heck he is.

Seriously, though, what could be more important than eternal life? Probably the most importan thing is whether or not God exists...and what the after-life is like, if there is one. Because this world is just for sixty or seventy years, while eternity is for...well, eternity. Duh. So yeah.

~MAdemoiselle Kool
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Most people believe that what we do in this world will influence our eternal lives. Even if they don't, most people believe that it is important to help others.

Until we get there, there is very little we can do with life eternal. And if you wait to become a humanitarian until then, then it is probably too late. So what is the most important thing we can do today?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:27 pm
Alteran says...

I agree with Griff and partly with Nate. What matters is today, I mean anything could happen tomorrow so we need to focus on what we can do for today. Selfless and Selfish are the main motives for humans, always choose to be selfless. Help others no matter how big or small and dont wait for someone else to do it.

Third world Development is importnat to get everyone on the same page, but until the more advanced group can stablize themselves so they dont teach a new group how to make the same mistakes I think it will do more harm than good.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain