z

Young Writers Society

Free Ebooks, gather 'round!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:44 pm
Emerson says...

Par usual, wasn't sure where to put this, so I just put it here.

Project Gutenberg
There are over 20,000 free books in the Project Gutenberg Online Book Catalog.

A grand total of over 100,000 titles is available at Project Gutenberg Partners, Affiliates and Resources.

I accidentally found it while searching for a synopsis of Swan's Way? XD But it seems like a very good, extensive site. They have a lot of foreign language pieces too, so us language nerds can have a go at it. :)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:17 pm
Prokaryote says...

Yeah, Gutenberg is awesome. Though it'll be a lot more useful once ebook readers really catch on, because then you can download the classics for free and read them without your eyes being melted out of your sockets by a computer screen.

That'll be nice. :D

Prokaryote

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:34 pm
Leja says...

Project Gutenberg is cool. And all the books they list are in the public domain, which means [I think] that they're no longer under copyright, so there's this cool website [which of course I can't remember off the top of my head EDIT: I think it's this one: http://librivox.org/links/#audiolit] to which people send in recordings of chapters they've read aloud; like an auditory Project Gutenberg.

I am just curious-have I ever been on the bottom quote-thingy?
— foxmaster