z

Young Writers Society

Girl, 3, Abandoned in Train Station - Melbourne

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:08 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Views on this.

A young three year old girl has been found, crying and confused on Saturday, after being abandoned by her father at a Melbourne train station. Staff of the Southern Cross train station found Xue Qianxun - from New Zealand.

The authorities have grave concerns of the where-a-bouts of the child's mother and searches will be carried out soon to track her down.

Police believe that the child's father - Xue Naiyin, a Chinese-language magazine publisher - flew to the US after dumping his daughter. CCTV footage shows the youngster being led into the station by a man - believed to be her father - then left alone, at the foot of an escalator of which the man ascends, pulling along a suitcase. Airlines later confirmed that he boarded a plane about two hours later.

The main concern now, at the moment, is the search for the girls mother - Anan Lui, 27, known as Annie - and suspicions are arising that the woman has been harmed, as she hasn't come forward about her daughter.

For now, the young girl has been placed in foster care in Melbourne.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:30 pm
Via says...

People are such jerks. Poor kid.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:46 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Bleh, some people really do have screws loose...

x
So's your face

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:46 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Urgh, what is wrong with some people?
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:48 pm
tinny says...

That's awful! I'm so glad that they found her unharmed.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:52 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Y'know, some people just should not be parents.
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

461 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:55 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I agree to be honest - I was disgusted with the parent [the father] when I heard. I hope they find the child's mother soon.

461 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:32 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Update: Police in New Zealand and now the US are searching high and low for young Xue's father, when he was believed to have flew across to the Us after abandoning his daughter.

They are also searching for her mother - with fears that she has been hurt or harmed in some way. Annie Xue has not been seen since 10th September and they have found a car belonging to her at Aukland Airport, on Saturday night.

Detective Senoir Sergeant Simon Scott said police had been contacted by the familt according to a number of domestic violence incidents in the last year.

So far, four addresses have been searched, including the Xue family home in Mount Roskill, Aukland. Interpol have also joined the search for the parents.

Source: BBCNews

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky