z

Young Writers Society

Why Did You Register?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:10 am
Nate says...

Very soon, I will be renovating the front page for guests and guests only; what you see as a logged in user will remain the same. The idea behind this is two fold:

1) Optimize the site for better search engine results
    2) Provide more information on the front page for guests

Before I do so, though, I would like to know what convinced you to register as a member on YWS. That way, I'll only remove the stuff that appeals to members rather than guests. For instance, I doubt many guests care who has the most points, but they might care that they see ten people online in the "Who Is Online" block.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:16 am
Jennafina says...

I registered because Fireweed told me to. ^_^

Before this, the only place I was registered was Neopets.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:19 am
[deleted1] says...

I registered because Author13 asked me to join. I'm only known through myspace, Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger.

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:38 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Because I know that I had a talent, and I knew the only way I could advance was through people reading it.

Not helpful. Sorry. :lol:
ohmeohmy

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:42 am
Nate says...

Nope, it's all helpful Baroness! So far what I'm understanding is that people are joining not because of anything on the front page, but because they heard good things about the site. That's very good to know not only in redesigning the front page for guests, but also for designing the site in general.

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:48 am
Cade says...

No one else told me about the site; I was searching for a forum for young writers because I desperately wanted something like this, or a writer pen pal, or something. I found the site through Google and signed up right away because it was exactly what I'd been looking for. Part of what made me sign up right away was seeing the recent literary posts thing that appears right down the middle of the front page. Other young writers' sites had crappy emo poetry and lame prose. I saw some stuff I didn't think was complete crap. It was a functioning, active site with talented members. The aesthetic quality is also a part of it. It looked professional.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:35 am
Teague says...

I joined through the awesomeness of Google. I read through a few posts, 'specially in the Welcome and Lounge forums, before I registered. Those two were the best measures of the site's quality of people IMO.

Plus the front page looked spiffy. :D
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:45 am
Meep says...

Actually, I found the site while looking for a way for a friend to circumvent an English assignment.

She was supposed to post a story at a place that ate your copyright, so I went a-huntin' for a place that wouldn't. I found this - and a few others. This one didn't fit the criteria for the assignment, but I liked it best. I'm not even sure my friend ever registered, but I liked it.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:49 am
greenjay says...

No one else told me about the site; I was searching for a forum for young writers because I desperately wanted something like this, or a writer pen pal, or something. I found the site through Google and signed up right away because it was exactly what I'd been looking for. Part of what made me sign up right away was seeing the recent literary posts thing that appears right down the middle of the front page. Other young writers' sites had crappy emo poetry and lame prose. I saw some stuff I didn't think was complete crap. It was a functioning, active site with talented members. The aesthetic quality is also a part of it. It looked professional.

Exactly why I joined :D. Really. One of the things that got me most was the recent stories showing up on the front page. I thought "wow, if I post something it's on the FRONT PAGE!" I thought it made me famous or something :P. Oh, and I really liked the pencil-sword thing, I though that was awesome. Hope I helped :D.

-greenie
the greenjay strikes again...

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:16 am
Rydia says...

I wasn't planning on joining at first actually. I was planning on leaving a little message in the guestbook to say that I was annoyed with the spam on TYWC but then I couldn't find a guestbook and instead what I saw was a well organised, active site with an awesome storybook section and some really friendly people. I think it was the active storybooks that attracted me mostly but I did flick through the recent literary works and I liked the idea of perhaps being featured member in a few years time. Lol.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:44 pm
gyrfalcon says...

I joined, like many people, because a friend reccomended it. But I didn't really become active until I discovered all the cool stuff these guys have mentioned: the friendliness, the organization, the skill of the members, ect. Go YWS!!!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:56 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I joined because of Google. I was looking through the pages, I'd been on a writers' site search, all the ones I saw you had to pay for, and they didn't look that good either. YWS, on the other hand, was free, had a nice-looking front page and summary of what the site was about, and I joined then and there.

And here I am now!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:02 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I believe I discovered the site through WritersDigest, when they did the best web sites for writers, and I went through the different forums that they listed in that issue. The things that made me join were:

1. Board for writers- active, friendly
2. Fantasy writers- active, friendly, give critiques
3. Usergroups seemed fun
4. Once I registered and introduced myself and made my way around the different boards, I became very addicted to it. :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:17 pm
crewgurl93 says...

I joined because I thought it was so awsome that there was a site for young writers!!!!
Goth-Hippie?!

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:20 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I joined 'cause I saw the site and thought;

They look ginger friendly ^^

Not really... [Serious face] I joined 'cause I like writing.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman