z

Young Writers Society

Why Did You Register?

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:38 pm
Lindsaroo says...

Well Rieda told me about the site, but I thought "Oh some writer site, probably full of pedifiles and stuff, I'll look but I'm not joining." And I got on, and some story was up...I can't remember who it was by...No! It was a poem. And I absolutely loved it! And I thought that they actualy were writers! So I figured I'd join and if I didn't like it, I'd just not come on anymore. But yeah...I went on Chat...met some people...and now I'm addicted. =P
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:41 pm
Via says...

To be completely honest, I have no idea why I joined! I think I was just ridiculously bored that day and was flipping around writing sites (coming from Absynthe Muse) and here I landed. Nothing on the front page "made" me join, so I have to say I don't think anything you actually change on the front page would make a difference (at least, for anyone who is bored like I was). Amen for boredom.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:36 pm
Esmé says...

Exactly what cadmium said :) I was at a few writing sites before, though, but it didn't work out too well. *Will not start a rant*

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:44 pm
Meshugenah says...

Nate spamed the site I had been on, YFW, and it died. I migrated over here, partly at the instance of other members I'd know from YFW: Crysi, EBM, Tara, Elelel, Arvy, KJ, Perra, (bubbles? I can't remember, now)... I know I'm forgetting people, but yeah. I joined my first site 'cause crysi was already there, and the rest is history, as they say.

And i was here when it was the notebook theme! I miss that!

One of my favorite parts about YWS, though, is that it still feels as small as it did when I joined and there wasn't even 100 members.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:49 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Meshugenah wrote:Nate spamed the site I had been on, YFW, and it died. I migrated over here, partly at the instance of other members I'd know from YFW: Crysi, EBM, Tara, Elelel, Arvy, KJ, Perra, (bubbles? I can't remember, now)... I know I'm forgetting people, but yeah. I joined my first site 'cause crysi was already there, and the rest is history, as they say.

One of my favorite parts about YWS, though, is that it still feels as small as it did when I joined and there wasn't even 100 members.

Same as Mesh! :P See, my name's there and everything!

I did like it when it was small though, cause it felt like everyone knew each other better...

The only problem now is that I know there's no way I'm going to be able to look at everyone's work cause there's so much of it! :?
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:55 am
Wiggy says...

I joined, at first, because of Writer's Digest Top 101 sites (and I joined the day after (before?) Dreamy and there's all this weird coincidence stuff lol). That aside, as I began coming on here more often, I remember at first feeling intimidated. Then I discovered the writing sections, and then the blogs.

Now, I know that there are literally millions of blogs on the Internet. But these have something special about them because I care about the people there! I remember sitting at the computer for hours at a time reading all the entries on Lucy's (Elelel's) blog. XD I was addicted!!!

I started becoming friends with some of the members, and then there was the big move to TSR. I got to know some other people really well, and I was almost sad when we moved to YWS cause I was afraid I'd fade into obscurity! lol But no--it's so awesome here I can't even describe it in words!!!

YWS is my second home. Here, I've hopefully somewhat improved as a writer (just take a look at my first poem Slow Down and you'll see how lol). I haven't written as much as I'd like to, but having friends here and seeing so many powerful stories keeps the Muse alive. (Plus, the expectation of the Petersburg trip, da? :D)

Yeah, in other words, I joined cause of Pat Buchanan.
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 am
Myth says...

I joined to get any sort of help with writing. There were so many members online most of the time I get on the net so I didn't feel so lonely. It was exactly the front page I worried about, I thought more of the community and like it enough to join.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:35 pm
Leja says...

Okay all you people who feel old: I seem to remember finding yws back when it did have the notebook theme but I was too young at the time to grasp what everything was about. Feel older now? :P Otherwise, when I found it again a few months ago through random internet surfing, it wasn't anything on the front page that made me join; it was looking through the posts and seeing that people were serious about writing and, more importantly, critiquing. I don't know if you could add that quality to the homepage. Unless there was a "featured critique" like there's a "featured member" or something.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:13 am
Elelel says...

Nate spamed the site I had been on, YFW, and it died. I migrated over here, partly at the instance of other members I'd know from YFW: Crysi, EBM, Tara, Elelel, Arvy, KJ, Perra, (bubbles? I can't remember, now)... I know I'm forgetting people, but yeah. I joined my first site 'cause crysi was already there, and the rest is history, as they say.

Yep! Same. And it was definitely the notebook theme that won me over. A writing site that looked like a pinboard! Who wouldn't join that?

YFW, the first site I joined, was basically because I wanted to improve at writing and had run out of people to pester in real life.

Now, I know that there are literally millions of blogs on the Internet. But these have something special about them because I care about the people there! I remember sitting at the computer for hours at a time reading all the entries on Lucy's (Elelel's) blog. XD I was addicted!!!

LOL!!! I remember the first time you commented in my blog! I couldn't believe you'd gone and read practically everything. I'm glad my life is so ... interesting?
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:28 am
Tamora says...

i know you've aleady cahnged the look of the place, but i thought it would be interesting to write.
The maine reason I joined is cos' Nutty told me to. I came at about the same time as she did, and It sort of escalated from there, although the organisation of the site really appealed to me and the friendly look of the place.
It is an established fact that, despite everything society can do, girls of seven are magnetically attracted to the colour pink.
- Terry Pratchett, "Monstrous Regiment"

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:48 am
Alice says...

I know it sounds almost horrible, but my joining was the result of cronic boredom ~.^ but hey, some of the most genius ideas came from moments of boredom.
I just lost the game.

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:10 pm
AmberKun says...

I registered because I love reading, especially other peoples' creations. The radio station rocks, by the way!! I also wanted to join WYS because my brother is a useer on here. More ways to make his life misserable!! Heh heh... *Evil Grin*
You say I'm ignorrant, at least ignorrance is changeable. Your stupidity is forever. =3

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:00 am
Perra says...

Meshugenah wrote:Nate spamed the site I had been on, YFW, and it died. I migrated over here, partly at the instance of other members I'd know from YFW: Crysi, EBM, Tara, Elelel, Arvy, KJ, Perra, (bubbles? I can't remember, now)... I know I'm forgetting people, but yeah. I joined my first site 'cause crysi was already there, and the rest is history, as they say.

^- What she said, minus some stuff and plus some. I joined out of curiosity because a few of us had already joined and stuff, and because the notebook theme was freakin' awesome! That should make a comeback. Seriously.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

See the world. It's more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories. Ask for no guarantees, ask for no security.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451