z

Young Writers Society

9/11 Coincidence?

Random avatar

Reviews: 196
Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:55 pm
Lady Sydney says...

I'm not entirely sure if this goes here, (feel free to move it if it's in the wrong spot), but my friend showed me this and it kinda freaked me out. :? It's about the September 11th attack in NY.

----

UNITED WE STAND
1) New York City has 11 letters

2) Afghanistan has 11 letters.

3) Ramsin Yuseb (The terrorist who threatened to destroy the Twin Towers in 1993) has 11 letters.

4) George W Bush has 11 letters.

5) The two twin towers make an "11"

This could be a mere coincidence, but this gets more interesting:

2) The first plane crashing against the Twin Towers was flight number

3) Flight 11 was carrying 92 passengers. 9 + 2 = 11

4) Flight 77 which also hit Twin Towers, was carrying 65 passengers.
6+5 = 11

5) The tragedy was on September 11, or 9/11 as it is now known. 9 + 1+ 1 = 11

6) The date is equal to the US emergency services telephone number 911.
9 + 1 + 1 = 11.

Sheer coincidence..?! Read on and make up your own mind:
1) The total number of victims inside all the hi-jacked planes was 254. >2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

2) September 11 is day number 254 of the calendar year.
Again 2 + 5 + 4 = 11.

3) The Madrid bombing took place on 3/11/2004. 3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 4 = 11.

4) The tragedy of Madrid happened 911 days after the Twin Towers
incident.

Sheer coincidence..?! Read on and make up your own mind:
Now this is where things get totally eerie:

The most recognised symbol for the US, after the Stars & Stripes, is the Eagle. The following verse is taken from the Quran, the Islamic
holy book:

"For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced: for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah and there was peace."

That verse is number 9.11 of the Quran.

Still uncovinced about all of this..?! Try this and see how you feel afterwards, it made my hair stand on end:

Open Microsoft Word and do the following, TRY THIS FOR REAL I'M I DID IT AND IT SCARED THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF MEE!!!!!!!

1. Type in capitals Q33 NY. This is the flight number of the first
plane to hit one of the Twin Towers.

2. Highlight the Q33 NY. [ DO THiS iN WORD ]

3. Change the font size to 47.

4. Change the actual font to the WINGDINGS{scariest part of all}

Extremely scary huh?
Formerly known as Silly Sydstix... as well as Aquarius Angel.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 pm
Emerson says...

uh. I don't really get the wingdings part, honestly.

Eh. This stuff doesn't seem very reasonable to me. It's taking the facts and twisting them so that you get what you want--it's like finding predictions in the bible. I kind of doubt that the terrorists thought all this out before choosing 11 September for their date, especially considering this was the second time they attacked it? It isn't like it was the first and so--zomg wow the coincidences.

Of course, I'm horrendously skeptic about these kinds of things. :lol: And it was in a chain letter, all the more reason to disbelieve in it.

EDIT: Bwah, I'm amazing. Go here: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/coincidence.asp scroll all the way down to "origins".
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 pm
Lady Sydney says...

Lol I thought so. The whole thing with adding to get 11 didn't really freak me out, it was the Windings thing. :? Two buildings, a plane, blah blah blah... so yeah. But I suppose it's a good thing you found that article, because now that I look back over it, it seems kind of unrealistic.

No one thinks that hard about attacking a city... O_o

Lol. Well, thanks Claudette, this is all the more reason why I shouldn't let Alexis (Chili Peppa) try to prove stuff like this to me. ^^

~Syd

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:20 pm
Rydia says...

Interesting and cool link Claudette.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:23 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

I don't think the terrorists would have sat down and worked out all that maths before they attacked.

And i agree about the chain letter bit. They are never true, just annoying. :lol:
So's your face

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:24 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

...Wow. o.O That Word thing is...yeeeeah. o.o I don't have many words for that.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:28 pm
Dream Deep says...

... I don't know that I quite buy into the whole concept that these coincidences signify or relate to anything deeper than just that - coincidence. I would have to side with Till's link there. People tend to look for patterns even when no apparent patterns exist. We like to believe, I think, that something big is going on that we're not privy to.

In any event, apparently the Christian Holy Bible is positively fraught with codes and patterns and highly subtle references to occurances that no one would notice straight-on. I've never noticed any. Now that's not to say that they don't exist, but it does make one wonder if the presence of these greater underlying messages isn't an imagined thing in the first place.

[Edited].
Last edited by Dream Deep on Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:28 pm
Lady Sydney says...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think the terrorists would have sat down and worked out all that maths before they attacked.

And i agree about the chain letter bit. They are never true, just annoying.

Exactly!! XD

195 Reviews

Reviews: 195
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:33 pm
PsychicNinja says...

Yeah, i agree with all of you.

Oh, and another thing...I think i remember recalling something like this in a South Park episode.

-Timea
"Look, Ma. No hands"
"You haven't got a ma."
"Maybe a nice old lady will adopt me. I'm very loveable."
―Fi and Darman

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 pm
Trident says...

I'm glad you're doing some research, Clau. Shows the sign a good skeptic. There's so much that's complete fabrication these days that you almost can't believe anything. This chain mail is just another example.
Perception is everything.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:46 pm
Emerson says...

As to the 9.11 verse of the Kor'an, one would initially think that it's not coincidence at all.

Just to point out to Becky--and anyone else who missed the link--there is no verse like that in the a Kor'an. ^_~
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 pm
Via says...

Lol thanks for the link Claudette. I was reading it like...."It was flight 11 and flight 175....33 and 77 were not even involved" lol.......some of these scams are at least entertaining, but quite rarely true.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:23 pm
Poltergiest says...

:shock: That is sooooo creepy!

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:40 pm
Dream Deep says...

Claudette wrote:
As to the 9.11 verse of the Kor'an, one would initially think that it's not coincidence at all.

Just to point out to Becky--and anyone else who missed the link--there is no verse like that in the a Kor'an. ^_~

Eep, sorry Till.

... I wrote my response out first, then read your article and edited it in. Forgot to edit this bit out, evidently.

Clearly I need to buy myself a Kor'an. ;)

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:22 am
Alteran says...

To truely understand the nature of the situation one should read the Torah, Bible and Kor'an. We have been learning about the origins of these religions in my western civ class and it s all very interesting. One should also read the books of the Bible not included in the Bible.

Anywho, it looks like someone watched 23 to many times when they did all this. The Wingdings kinda freaked me out though.....
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor