z

Young Writers Society

The search for Madeline

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:09 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Views on this.

Portuguese police have been question the mother of Madeline and soon after her release from questioning, speculation began to arise as to why she was being interrogated about her own daughters disappearance. Rumors have been rolling around, almost everywhere the story has been heard, about how some think that the mother and/or father, had something to do with the disappearance.

Me myself, I have my doubts and suspicions, as I refer to other cases where parents have sold their children to other people, mostly abroad, or even killed their children by accident and hidden the fact, too scared to come forward.

What does everyone else think about the matter?

Note:

I apologize to the parents of Madeline if it arises that their child was abducted and also, at this point in time, sadly, dead. If so that this happens, I take back everything I have said and send my condolences.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:27 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

I have to agree with you Lizzy, there's something awfully fishy about this whole thing.

And i cannot help thinking the worse as she has been missing so long.

There are parts of this whole story that i've picked up and thought, "Hmm that sounds very peculiar". :?

And now the police have took the parents in for questioning, even more questions are arising.

Like you though, I apologize to the parents of Madeline if it arises that their child was abducted and also, at this point in time, sadly, dead. If so that this happens, I take back everything I have said and send my condolences.
So's your face

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:35 pm
Sureal says...

I personally wouldn't apologise to them. They've used this opportunity to turn themselves into pseudo-celebrities, and have raised (I believe) over a million pounds. At lets face it, even if they weren't the ones who did it - although, at the moment, they're suspected by the police - it was their neglience that lead to the poor girl's kidnap.

Be sad for Madeline, not her parents.
I wrote the above just for you.

461 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:38 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Yes, I agree with you on that point Sureal. I momentarily forgot the fact that they left that girl alone, with her two younger siblings while they went out with friends. Also, I though it was very convenient that the mother was the last to check the girls room.

Another point I forgot to mention was that, if the child was snatched, then why did the person take her, the oldest of three when there were two younger children asleep in the same room, who wouldn't be able to tell someone what had happened?

Hmm..

Hopefully, she will be found.

188 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:46 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Too true, it was down to the parents negligence.

The parents do seem to be doing alot of sueing of people. It's only right they're getting interviewed.
So's your face

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:14 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

I feel no sympathy for her parents (a lot of my friends think I'm rather cruel because of this >.>) but all of it for poor Madeline, and the twins too, if they have to stay with such irresponsible lists. My dad reckons that social services should keep a close eye on the two little ones.

I'm rather confused as to why they're only being treated as suspects now, why not earlier?

The police have confused me with some of their actions too, the room where she was taken from had been cleaned several times, and had other visitors staying in it before the forensics team from Britain arrived.

The whole thing seems rather strange...
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

461 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:21 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Yes, I see where you're coming from Fish, 'cause there seems to be a lot of clearing up after the family, and less investigating. What I don't understand also is why the investigations have only just started against them now? Don't they normally do that as soon as the disappearance has been reported, therefore clearing the family name before it comes out in the open.

I agree with what everyone says about the neglect of the children and think they should be watched closely. My mum said that she feels sorry for the twins, as the parents have been drawing a lot of atention towards themselves [maybe too much?] and therefore it seems that the two have been forgotten. Surely it has affected them in some way?

188 Reviews

Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Surely the police would think straight away:

"Hang on, the parents left three kids alone in an apartment in a foreign country while they were at some bar/restaurent eating and drinking. That's a strange thing to do, lets interview them."
So's your face

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:31 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Hmmm, 'tis a good point, GingerLizzy... now I'm suspicious... the whole thing doesn't seem to hold any water anymore...
dun worry
it's all gun be k

461 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:42 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Update-ish:

I found out from my mother, after she watched the news, that the family a.k.a Madeline's parents and the twins had rented a car and about twenty five days after her disapearance, the police found the girl's blood in the car.

Suspicous?

188 Reviews

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:54 pm
sarahcrosbeh says...

Suspisious indeed my friend

Me and Lacy were discussing this on our walk to school

If they've found the girls blood in the parents car, then somethings not right with them (obviously).

I can't help thinking of the russian girl who was found after 9/10 years of disappearing and now they have suspisions she was sold to her captor by her mother. I can't remeber the details but anyhoo.

:?
So's your face

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:02 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

What's more suspicious is that the car was hired three weeks after she disappeared, and they've still found her DNA there. Although, as has been noted in the media, the traces of DNA aren't conclusive.

I think the whole thing is very suspicious. If this had happened here in the UK, the parents would have been the first supects, and it's only because Portugese law is different that this didn't happen sooner.

Also, the family are neither stupid nor particularly poor, they're both doctors, and they had a nanny. They could have easily afforded to take the nanny along with them, and failing that, there were baby-sitting services in the resort. Anything would have been better than leaving them alone.

Also, they've changed their story. First the door was locked, and she must have been taken out of the window. Now, it appears that door was in fact unlocked, and that means that she could have just wondered out on her own. Why did the parents report it as a kidnap?

And thousands of kids go missing every year. Why has this particular case gained so much attention. Also, the fact that neither parent appears to have shown any emotion throughout the entire ordeal is incredibly strange. They may be used to keeping their feelings to themselves, but this is their daughter, and it's now been over a hundred days, and I've still to see either of them shed a single tear. I also think it incredibly wrong for them to go jetting across Europe to see the Pope and other places, on the money that the appeal has raised. What good will that do? From what I can see, they've made another few holidays out of this. Which may be a little harsh, but if it had been me, I would stay in the place of disappearance, and only leave if there had been any sightings of her - which they did not do when such a situation arose.

I think that to believe that Madeline is alive is unrealisticly optimistic. It's been months, and there's been no sign of her. It sounds horrible, but I think it's more than likely that she's dead by now, and hopefully we'll find out what happened, and somebody - be it the parents or someone else - will be punished.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:15 pm
Wossoo says...

Something else that has been brought to my attention is how Madeline's parents, her mother in particular, seems so hard-faced and has done throughout the entire 'ordeal'. To me, she does not come across as someone who is terrified as to what might have happened to her kidnapped child. Even when they were taken in for questioning, any mother who is accused of something that is not true in those circumstances would be incredibly upset, but in the news video of her leaving the police station she just seems to show little of this...

I am very sure that the truth will come about sooner or later, it is just a matter of time.

461 Reviews

Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:55 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I agree with you there Wossoo.

If it was my child that'd gone missing I would firstly go out and look for them myself, not using the press as much and literally walking around each place that she has been sited, trying to find her myself. Plus, if it ever arose that I was the suspect, I;d think it was incredulous [Spelt right?] and kick up a fuss, because I'd want to find her so much.

There is definately something not right about that way her mother acts...

461 Reviews

Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:24 pm
GingerLizzy says...

Update: The spokesman for the MaCann family has declared that the parents of the young girl - Madeline - are totally innocent and that the police should focus more on the whereabouts of the girl, than the parents themselves.

Clarence Mitchell, who quit his Civil Service job to supprt the MaCanns said that the "rampant" specualtion about the parents being suspects should end.

Both of the parents have been interviewed by Portuguese police over their little girl's alledged death, which has sparked off a lot of media attentions. When giving the declaration, he made suggestions that the parents had somehow harmed Madeline accidentally or otherwise "was a ludicrous as it is nonsensical". This statement comes as the tide of the suspicions against the couple seem to be turning.

It has now been 139 days since the girl has been missing.

Source: Sky News

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow