z

Young Writers Society

The Evils Of The Wii!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:55 pm
Ducksworthy says...

Has anyone else got one and found themselves unable to move after a few rounds of boxing or tennis?

My back is absolutely *#&$*@ and I'm a pretty in-shape, long distance runner type person...

How can this stuff combat the whole couch potatoeness when it kills in shape people?!

Surely if you're too lazy to go out in the first place you're going to be too lazy to stay in and be tortured on Wii Sports!!

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:22 pm
Sureal says...

I can't play my brother's Wii for to long, cos my wrist starts to ache.

Although, this is mainly because I broke my wrist a few years ago, so I can't do much with it for very long. Makes long exams a real pain (literally).
I wrote the above just for you.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:28 pm
Poltergiest says...

Yea, I think the Wii totally defeated the pupose of video games, which is just to sit back, relax and have fun. I can imagine how tireing it would get after a while.

~Pol~
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:09 pm
Ducksworthy says...

I mean...its really fun and everything...but my god it hurts after a bit!!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:13 pm
Firestarter says...

It's just like the EyeToy.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:59 pm
Teague says...

And no one believes me when I say I don't want a Wii for exactly that reason.

*hugs my PS3... which was TOTALLY worth it*
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:46 pm
Nate says...

Used to get a shoulder ache if I played tennis for too long, but it's all good now! Still, boxing can tire me out.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:17 am
Squall says...

Lol. Playing Resident Evil 4 on the wii = pwnage :)
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:06 am
Kel says...

I like my Wii. Boxing wore me out the first time that I played it. But Zelda is a heck of a lot of fun. I get into it. XD

The only issue is the controls on Cooking Mama Cook Off. Some of them are a little wonky.
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:14 pm
sanguine_dreams says...

My main problem is that I get immersed in video games pretty much immediately anyway, and with Wii I get so into it, I forget to watch where I am in the room, even with those reminders that cut on every five minutes or whatever. I've already managed to scratch my TV and hit my brother a few times while playing Boxing. :O

But my favorite game doesn't even require a lot of movement. Super Paper Mario is totally hi-technical!
"My form is a filthy type of yours." -the Creature, Frankenstein

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:06 pm
jonny911 says...

I only get tired out after playing a game for two hours or so... I get so immersed that I don't care that my arm is aching. And, if you don't get a wii because of this, I'm dissapointed. There are some games that don't require much movement at all (like Paper Mario and upcoming S.S.B. Brawl). And you can play gamecube games. So, don't worry about getting tired and have fun!
"Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A felon!"
"Are you sure?"
"Yah! This kid at school says they get all the girls!"
"I should try that..."

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:43 pm
hunter111 says...

While I don't own a wii and this may sound completely hypocritical... mabye you just need to do more exercise?
'No, the burned hand teaches best. After that advice about fire goes to the heart' - gandalf, lord of the rings.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 pm
Snoink says...

Haha, I love the feeling. xD Sooooo fun. Except... I don't have a wii. But I've played one!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:07 pm
Reyu says...

There is a way to the Wii... You just gotta be pro enough at games to figure it out LoL. I beat people at boxing sitting on the couch barely moving. Seven strikes in a row with a flick. Tennis is lame, only because I lose at it :P

Monkey balls is fun.
Mario Party is still repetitive.
Guitar Hero is... Well... Guitar Hero. (Took me 10 min to figure out that the stupid controller did not plug in from the FRONT OF the guitar.)
Metroid whatever looks lame.
Call of Duty 3 is ingenious.
The new Sonic game is the most fun I have ever had playing sonic. Even the way they do cinematics are awesome.

That is my experience with the Wii as of right now. Never have had any aches or pains. Just relax!
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:16 pm
Squall says...

Reyu wrote:There is a way to the Wii... You just gotta be pro enough at games to figure it out LoL. I beat people at boxing sitting on the couch barely moving. Seven strikes in a row with a flick. Tennis is lame, only because I lose at it :P

Monkey balls is fun.
Mario Party is still repetitive.
Guitar Hero is... Well... Guitar Hero. (Took me 10 min to figure out that the stupid controller did not plug in from the FRONT OF the guitar.)
Metroid whatever looks lame.
Call of Duty 3 is ingenious.
The new Sonic game is the most fun I have ever had playing sonic. Even the way they do cinematics are awesome.

That is my experience with the Wii as of right now. Never have had any aches or pains. Just relax!

Are you dissing Metroid Prime 3 corruption? I personally think it is a mean as game. The levels are very well designed and feels atmospheric and very alien like. The gameplay with the wii controls is amazing! The feeling I get when you fight a boss with the wii controls feel like as though you are the bounty hunter beneath the visor.

I don't know how you don't like Metroid Prime 3. You shouldn't judge its book by its cover. At first, I thought it was lame too but after I played the first Metroid Prime game on gamecube, it was unlike anything I have ever played! Peroid.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

I'll actually turning 100 soon
— Ari11