z

Young Writers Society

Barnes and Noble to Stock O.J.'s Book

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:31 pm
Flemzo says...

MSN.com wrote:Barnes & Noble Inc. has changed its mind about the new O.J. Simpson book.

After saying it would not stock copies of "If I Did It" in its stores, citing lack of customer demand, the chain told The Associated Press on Thursday that it would indeed carry the book.

Since the initial decision on Aug. 21 against stocking the book, but selling it online, Barnes & Noble spokeswoman Mary Ellen Keating said: "We've been monitoring the pre-orders and customer requests and have concluded that enough customers have expressed interest in buying the book to warrant stocking it in our stores. We do not intend to promote the book but we will stock it in our stores because our customers are asking for it."

The Story

This, to me, is great news. Ever since hearing about it, I've been wanting to buy it just to see what he had to say about it. Then the families started getting upset, and they had to cancel it. But, it says in the article that the Goldman family is getting it published because they consider the book O.J.'s confession to the murders in 1994.

It'll be published the 13th, but the article doesn't say when it'll be released (unless "published" means "released", then it's the 13th of september).

Thoughts?

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:47 am
Evangelina says...

It's disgusting, is what I think. I don't see a greiving husband writing a book about how he would have killed his wife.

B*st*rd.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:32 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It's very weird. Why would someone want to publish a book about how they would have killed their murdered ex-wife. It's a bit sick.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:59 pm
Pushca says...

My understanding of it is that the "if" is comically tiny.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

188 Reviews

Reviews: 188
Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:02 pm
Evangelina says...

Bahaha. Nice one, Push.
Break the boundaries, hunt the hunter, and leave me a tip.
----to kill or not to kill

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal