Young Writers Society

Instruments

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:59 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Crysi wrote:Anytime, Mesh.

I started out with violin in the fourth grade.. no, wait! Did I really take piano lessons before then? Sheesh.. Ok, I started out with piano lol, probably around the third grade.. then violin in fourth, I dropped that for flute in fifth, I quit piano lessons.. last year, I think.. *shrugs* whatever makes almost 6 years in piano lol. I still play flute (is this really my 6th year??), I know a scale on clarinet (thanks Mesh), and I tried picking up the bassoon at the beginning of this year. It didn't last, only because I didn't have time to practice. So I still know about three scales on it. Besides a bunch of random notes. :P Chase still needs to teach me trumpet.. *grumbles about him favoring Theresa over herself*

:P

Wow, that's heaps! I can make a reasonable sound and a few notes on flute, except I thank my little sister, not any of you :P. And I pick up my brothers sax whenever he leaves it out and then disapears... we had a hold a note the longest competition once, I WON!!! But then they tried on the clarinet too, and JUST beat me. Anyway... rambling
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:13 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

GAH I forgot GUITAR!! How could I forget my precious guitar??

Ok. So I'm just a beginner. But I can already play along with one of my cds (Relient K: Two lefts don't make a right, but three do) and I love writing songs!
Love and Light

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:34 pm
View Likes
Muse says...

I'm on grade 6 (almost 7!) in piano, and grade 5 cello. I love playing, and i play in 3 orchestra's. Playing the flute would be really cool, but I chose the cello instead. Oh well.

I also come from a really musical family, which is quite cool. :D

I also take singing lessons, if that counts..? :wink:

594 Reviews

Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:05 am
Crysi says...

Sure it counts! You have to be careful with it, just like any instrument. Trust me, I lost my voice for the weekend while trying to strain up to a high C.. Gah. Stupid Honors Choir.. :roll:
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:29 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I don't sing. It's not really my thing, but it probably would have been if I had joined the choir when I was younger... oh well.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:03 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

i sing, just not well! lol, yeah. i used to play by brother's violin.. and recorder *twitch*

594 Reviews

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:18 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Hey, you're getting better! You can harmonize pretty good, and you're definitely improving on pitch! :D
Love and Light

You know that place between sleep and awake, that place where you still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
— J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan