z

Young Writers Society

1666! Yes... the apocalypse is happening.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:28 am
Snoink says...

I'm sixteen posts from my 1666th review! Because this is a very sadistic number, I was hoping that this critique would be a very sadistic critique. Or helpful. But we must stay in theme here, and as 666 is involved, sadistic is the word choice of the day!

For this very [s]helpful[/s] sadistic critique, I was going to go extra in depth, not only in grammar, but in everything else that I could think of. Which means that most likely this is going to be a supremely awesome critique that could perhaps stretch 20 pages... you never know. I've never really done a critique this thorough on YWS before though, so it's bound to be interesting.

Anyway, who deserves to be the recipient of this critique? You can bribe me with points, promise me kitties, tell me why your story or poem deserves to be slaughtered (on this thread), or anything else you can think of, off the top of your head. All requests will be considered.

You have a week to prove to me that you deserve to have me critique your story or poem. Please post your proof on this thread, though.

May the best briber win!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:31 am
Loose says...

hehehehehehehehehe

Cute Snoink.

I was a little disappointed to not read any Pig puns in this post, though :( I don't think anyone will take you seriously without a pig pun. . .

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:18 am
sokool15 says...

Ooooh...sadistic.

:twisted:

I can't think of any of my own work that deserves to be on the recieving end of this legendary critique. It would have to be a truly deserving piece.

Good luck finding one!

~Madame Kool 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:27 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Give the 'tique to a newbie. Let them feel the full force of teh Snoinkus! :twisted:

My writing is unworthy. :bows: And while 'tiques help unworthiness... newbies need it more. :P
ohmeohmy

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:51 am
Snoink says...

Aw... yes, I love critiquing newbies' works. :D

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:01 am
Reyu says...

Do I dare apply for this? I dare.

The only thing I can think of to bribe you with is a critique. So there you have it.

8)
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:10 am
Snoink says...

My sister: "Reyu??? The REAL Reyu???"

Me: "Yeah."

My sister: "I don't have that many exclamation points in my voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Um... punctuation mine.

Anyway, I decided that, for my critique, I will record me reading the story/poem/whatever and commenting on the story/poem in that way. Though there might be weird musical interludes in the story and lots of manical laughter.

Anyway, keep the bribes coming! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:14 am
Reyu says...

Snoink wrote:My sister: "Reyu??? The REAL Reyu???"

Me: "Yeah."

My sister: "I don't have that many exclamation points in my voice!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Um... punctuation mine.

Anyway, I decided that, for my critique, I will record me reading the story/poem/whatever and commenting on the story/poem in that way. Though there might be weird musical interludes in the story and lots of manical laughter.

Anyway, keep the bribes coming! :D

REAL Reyu? Who else would I be? I have decided to up my bribe though. Not only a critique but a custom avatar too :p
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:02 am
View Likes
Alteran says...

You are a crafty little oinker.

I dare apply. I could use a good ripping. Why do I deserve this you ask. Tis simple. What better way to Show your "Dominance" over the CCF than by tearing one of their members into shreds?
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:18 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Actually the 1 in front of the 666 kinda ruins it.

Because 1 and 6 add up to 7. And 7 is a good number.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:33 am
Snoink says...

Maybe, but 1+6+6+6 is 19, which is how old I am, so it's all good.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:23 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Oh mkay.

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:27 pm
Jennafina says...

*applies for the critique of awesomeness*

I haven't written anything lately, though, so maybe it should go to someone else. But If I do write something, I hope I get it.

*bribes with more fan-art*

There. Beat that, people. xD
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:00 pm
Ofour says...

The member with the most critique's could review the member with the most pieces, or posts? Or it could be the most sadistic piece you've come across.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:33 pm
Rydia says...

I don't think I can beat the previous bribes so I shall refrain from trying but may the best briber win. Good luck all!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

To be a master of metaphor is the greatest thing by far. It is the one thing that cannot be learnt from others, and it is also a sign of genius.
— Aristotle, Poetics