z

Young Writers Society

An Mp3 Quandary

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:24 pm
Kylan says...

I have a problem. The Russian-based music service I was with (Allofmp3) recently shut down due to a world trade agreement with the USA and the UK. It was not free music, but extremely cheap. I refuse to use iTunes because they are so outrageously expensive and so I've been scouring the internet for other cheap music providers. I have found several:

-- Mp3 Sugar
-- Mp3 fiesta
-- Mp3 sparks

But all of them reject my credit card because of my American IP address. My question to you is: Do any of you use a cheap music service that is not Russian based. If such a site exists, could you let me know. I really need some new music.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:38 pm
Emerson says...

hmmm. Itunes isn't so bad. I haven't bough anything from there, mind you. I tend to just buy the CDs...

You could always go pirate and use Bit Torrent! but that's illegal >_>

What is the new napster like?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:42 pm
Firestarter says...

Using bit torrent isn't illegal.

Maybe if you download the wrong things ...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:20 am
whence says...

I use Limewire, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you have good antivirus protection, and a general disregard of the law
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:46 am
Snoink says...

What's too expensive for you?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:33 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Yeah, Limewire's good, it's completely free, although not completely legal. :P

Having said that, I think they're on to me though... it hasn't worked for months.

*looks around shiftily*
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
— Walt Disney