z

Young Writers Society

The Golden Compass

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:21 am
Wolf says...

Well, to hell with the protesters! :smt076 :smt074
I really liked ALL the books, but maybe near the end it was kinda preachy. But I must agree with Via--he armored bears are totally radical!

Hhm...maybe there are some things that I wasn't crazy about. I really felt...grossed out reading about Lyra and Will in 'The Amber Spyglass'. I mean...! But then again, I was in third grade the first time I read the trilogy for the first time. ^_^

But anyways. I actually cried when Lyra went into the world of the dead and left Pantalaimon. :smt010 So I think Philip Pullman has a knack for emotion, but maybe that's just me. ^^
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:12 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Ayra wrote:Well, to hell with the protesters! :smt076 :smt074

I just loved the irony in that statement!
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:05 pm
Teague says...

Via wrote:Protests for a movie. Sweet. Why isn't Harry Potter protested? Afterall, witchcraft is a satanist act!!! Haha.

No really, I hate protests because like 80% of the protesters have never read the book and are just going off what other people say, and another 10% are just there because their friends are. It's dumb.

I like protesters. They only further support a number of my rants. Plus they make me feel intelligent. ^_^

If I ever publish a book, I hope it gets banned.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:42 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It amazes me how protesters, after years of protesting, don't seem to get that the more they protest, the more successful a book becomes. It's just reverse psychology - they tell you 'don't read it, it baaaad' which just makes you want to read it even more when you most probably wouldn't have been that bothered to begin with.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:42 pm
Charlie II says...

There's no such thing as bad publicity. Publicity = publicity. If you're known, infamously or famously, you are still known. Plus, everyone loves a bit of intrigue.

My opinion? I loved the books. I think they're great tales and I think it's pitiful that the film adapted it to take out the 'anti-Christian' messages. Why do we constantly hurry around trying not to offend people? The books weren't altered because they were anti-Christian, so why should the film be?

What strange people we are!

Charlie
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
— Ellen Degeneres