z

Young Writers Society

pictures of my crushed car

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:15 pm
Emerson says...

I took pictures. Sadly, I have no "before" pictures... Sigh. It was such an awesome car, too. I loved it! It smelled awesome inside. '98 Pontiac Grand Am, in case anyone was curious. The only bad thing was the paint was peeling, but it was so awesome. Even a nice A/C.

And how I, in the drivers seat, didn't die? The car doesn't even have air bags. And I sit close, because I'm short. But it worked just like my mom said it would if I crashed: there was so much metal in the front, it took all of the impact, and crunched. Thank the heavens I didn't loose my legs, yes?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:32 pm
Rydia says...

Claudette you are one lucky girl and I'm sorry about the damage to your car but, to be honest, I couldn't care less so long as you're okay. And everyone else in the cars of course.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:53 pm
Sureal says...

Yeah, it looks as though the crumple zone took all the energy outta the impact before it reached you.

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened? It looks kind as though you hit traffic coming the other way.

And again, at least everyone's okay.
I wrote the above just for you.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:55 pm
tinny says...

That looks nasty O_O, I'm so glad you weren't hurt, Clau.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:00 pm
Emerson says...

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly happened? It looks kind as though you hit traffic coming the other way.

Uhm, basically. It's kind of hard for me to explain. I was lost, and I was going to turn into a neighborhood and pull over, and I must have not looked/the other car was speeding, also, so I might not have seen them before I turned. I turned, and hit them. I don't really remember WHAT happened, you know? I just remember going to turn, and the next thing I know, I'm crying and trying to get out of the car.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:01 pm
Sureal says...

Yeah, I think I see what you mean. And ouch, I have to admit, that does sound a little scary.
I wrote the above just for you.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:10 pm
Fan says...

Wow, that looks bad. Glad everyone's okay.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:12 pm
Prosithion says...

iish, good thing you're ok

Nasty crash, I must say.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:15 pm
whence says...

thank the DONDOYC you're ok, Zee.

These things happen; best wishes for a speedy recovery!
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:38 pm
Dream Deep says...

Darn right you're still lucky to have your legs.
#_#

*hugs*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:57 pm
Twit says...

Lumme o neilly, that's real bashed up! :shock:

But, yep, the main thing is you got out okay. Did you get checked for shock or anything? Or to make sure you aren't walking around with a bit of the dashboard in your knee, or anything? (That happened to my dad, actually when he was in a crash. He said you could see the bit of dashboard pop up under the skin of his knee when he moved. :mrgreen: )
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:11 pm
Cade says...

Eeew, I'm sure everyone appreciates that description, ShadowTwit.

Anyway, Clau...it's so good that you're okay, and I'm glad the car took the beating for you. No one here would want to see pictures of your marvelous head split open like the front of your poor car.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:06 am
sabradan says...

Ouch. That looks like what happened with my first car before it got..."broken".
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:36 am
whence says...

on a more lighthearted note:

Doggie!!! :D
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:26 am
JC says...

Ouch...I'm glad you're okay...

It reminds me of the way my brothers car looked after his car fell of the highway and rolled down a hill into a tree...Only slightly different.

I'm glad you're okay though!

*Hugs*

Don't kill yourself!!!! lol

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg