z

Young Writers Society

Charlie Brown vs. Dilbert

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:24 am
Leja says...

Every time I read the comics section of the newspaper (which is every day, mind you :D) I read Charlie Brown and then Dilbert to start with because they are listed in the first few, and I don't like any of the other first few.

Anyway. Back to my point. One day, I started noticing a few similarities between Charlie and Dilbert, especially in their attitude/demeanor, even down to the fact that they both have dogs, both of whom often are more aware of the surrounding world than their owners. I see Dilbert as an adult Charlie Brown, albeit a little more cynical.

Does anyone else see these parallels? Or do I read too much into things?

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:18 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

I didn't notice them. (Don't read Charlie Brown) But that is interesting...
ohmeohmy

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:42 pm
Nate says...

I never noticed that before, but you're right. Dilbert does kind of seem like an adult, albeit very cynical, Charlie Brown.

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:07 pm
View Likes
Misty says...

I don't read Dilbert, but the few times I have, it's been him shirking his office work. Hah. :)

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:44 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Misty wrote:I don't read Dilbert, but the few times I have, it's been him shirking his office work. Hah. :)

:*holds hand over heart*: An inspiration to us all.
ohmeohmy

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom